Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gtr automatically removes speed limiter!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gtr automatically removes speed limiter!!!

We know that the Nissan GT-R's ECU wizardry is impressive, but this little tidbit left us in awe. According to our friends over at the GTChannel, the GT-R's integrated computer limits the vehicle's speed in Japan to 111 mph (180 km/h), but once the GPS

this is a very useful feature on the car. unfortunately it doesnt work in north america. still very smart of nissan to design it like this.
    Devil R sponsored by:
    Tunerlab.jp and Popformance

Some people try to get attention by bashing me. Go ahead you're only giving me more publicity. <3's haters

Very cool!! Strange that they did not include it for the US based cars seeing that there are quite a few tracks in the US!
    1998 Stagea AutechVersion 260RS
    1991 GTi-R "Angry White Ghost" - FOR SALE

Comment

But really, when is anyone going to get the chance to go faster than 160 MPH on the track?

Honestly though, does anyone else on here not see this the way I'm seeing it? Knowing when you're at a race track means the ECU can tell the dealership that the owner was racing when he happened to blow up a turbo, rip apart his clutch, or destroy third gear in that pretty little gearbox.
      1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
      It'll run someday

Comment

Originally posted by tokes View Post
        But really, when is anyone going to get the chance to go faster than 160 MPH on the track?

Honestly though, does anyone else on here not see this the way I'm seeing it? Knowing when you're at a race track means the ECU can tell the dealership that the owner was racing when he happened to blow up a turbo, rip apart his clutch, or destroy third gear in that pretty little gearbox.
        160mph probably not. but like the post says its 180kp/h. most of the tracks here in ontario have straights that let you reach speeds upwards of that or pretty close to 180kp/h at the very least. although i do see your point about the privacy issue.
        Devil R sponsored by:
        Tunerlab.jp and Popformance

Some people try to get attention by bashing me. Go ahead you're only giving me more publicity. <3's haters

Comment

The cars for north america get a 160 MPH speed limit to start with.
          1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
          It'll run someday

Comment

I give iot two to three month before somekind of a hack comes out.
            When the sun goes down, RPMs go up !

Comment

dont be too happy about this...

works both ways..

we know that in some parts of japan there are sensors or chips underneith your car that can sense if you car is on the road or not.. something to do with insurance or driving on days your not supposed to... (correct me if im wrong)

but now that GPS can sense track areas.. means it can also sense speed and distance... for instance point A and point B is 180kms apart.. but it took you 1 hour to get there... means you maintained an average of 180km/h to get there. that might be saved or stored in the ECU that your an excessive speeder.
              Fast isn't Fast enough

Comment

anyone else heard of On star?

How about the "black box"?

The have had the technology in cars to see how fast you have been driving, and where you have been for many many years. This may be one of the first cars to make a user aware that it knows where you are. But dont kid yourself. a quick scan of your ecu at the delaership and ALL your driving habits are revealed. GPS or not.

I fail to see the "fear" associated with this, when it has been going on longer than you guys seem to realize.

Now about how this works.

if the gps is NOT located inside the ecu, that means there is a signal wire going to the ecu to tell it its ok to clear the speed limiter. This will most likely be a digital input since you cant "sort of be" at a track. You are either there, or you are not. So if you are there, you just have to poll the wiring to find the one that changed state, then make that wire change state whenever you want it to remove the limiter.

Also, this does NOT report your location to a 3rd party. It just comunicates with other on board devices to create a desired result. Nothing to worry about.

oh, and there are already privacy issues with using those black boxes in crashes. So it has been and "IS" being challenged in the courts here.

Give me a GTR and Ill crack the speed limiter for you if you are having any trouble.

Comment

yea....i knew of this but it gets funny!

cuz it can incriminate you in the court of law!
                  they pull the info (RPM, Speed, Airflow, etc...) and slap ya across the face when the whole time you were telling the jury you swear to god you were driving defensively but things got effed up!

or.....

The dealership voids all warranty cuz you were stoopid and blew the engine all because you drove it in or over the redline, but again...you tell them you have no idea what happened? Lmao!

or....

You had aftermarket parts enhancing the performance , then something goes bad....you replace the parts back to OEM, your dealership will pull the info outta the blackbox and see things are funny!

ops:
                  .......GTRCANADA.COM
                  Canada's premier Skyline enthusiast club

Comment

Working...
                  X