Got my Pre-Order Call - Any Others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Pre-Order Call - Any Others?

Got my calllaweek to be "surveyed" to see if I was worthy of being considered for getting in the line-up. No specs yet. No price. Just pre-qualification. Waiting to hear back to see if I "qualified".

Anyone else got calls from you dealers?

What I head was that about 20-25 dealers were designated for GT-R in Canada. Each will get 7 cars. If you are number 8, you have to wait till summer 2009. Anyone else heard different?

Similar story

but still a story. It came from a dealer so take it with a grain of salt:
    Each authorised GT-R dealer will get 2 cars, no control over the colors. If they mark them up, that's it for this year.

If they sell them at MSRP, they will get a second batch of up to 6 more and possibly a third batch late in summer.

It seems Nissan Canada is trying to ensure the vehicle lands at the price / performance point they were aiming for.

Comment

GTRJoe1, exactly what determines if you are qualified/worthy or not? are they doing a credit check or verifying you have children you can give them. Are you on their preorder list and paid a deposit yet?

Blacklight, 2 cars, then a second allotment and then maybe a third allotment late in the summer. This sounds fishy since the first cars are not scheduled to arrive until July. I hope your info is correct but I suspect after the first two cars dealers will see 1 or 2 cars every couple of months which means the 5 additional cars they get will take us to late Nov/Dec 08.

Also, the dealer I have talked to did not indicate that we have no choice over colour etc. They dis mention that the order in which the car is odered is not necessarily the order the car will arrive. So if you are number 1 on the list it doesn't mean you'll get your car first.

Comment

Originally posted by dukestar View Post
        GTRJoe1, exactly what determines if you are qualified/worthy or not? are they doing a credit check or verifying you have children you can give them. Are you on their preorder list and paid a deposit yet?

Blacklight, 2 cars, then a second allotment and then maybe a third allotment late in the summer. This sounds fishy since the first cars are not scheduled to arrive until July. I hope your info is correct but I suspect after the first two cars dealers will see 1 or 2 cars every couple of months which means the 5 additional cars they get will take us to late Nov/Dec 08.

Also, the dealer I have talked to did not indicate that we have no choice over colour etc. They dis mention that the order in which the car is odered is not necessarily the order the car will arrive. So if you are number 1 on the list it doesn't mean you'll get your car first.
        There was a questionnaire to confirm that you would abide by their service requirements, would not flip the car, and a few other similar questions. Surprisingly, ability to afford was not a question. Also looking to eliminate those that had deposits at multiple dealers. In other words, whittle the lists down to the serious buyers interested in getting and keeping the cars.

Comment

Working...
        X