Bunch of GT-Rs on ebay in U.S. now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunch of GT-Rs on ebay in U.S. now

I saw at least 7 or 8 last night, dealer cars and owners looking to flip for a profit. I'm watching them all to see what final bid price will be. Some have the cars on the lot, some are still waiting for Aug. delivery.
    OnTrackDriver.com - Internet Community of Track Drivers

I can see the same thing happening as with the GT a few years ago. Ford didn't make enough available, then most sold for anywhere from 10% and UP OVER Dealer List..some as high as 25% OVER in some markets.....a complete joke.

Car Manufacturer games suck........shortages for the sake of 'hype' should be grounds for mail bombs.....lol

Comment

Argh. Lookin at that Gunmetal one is difficult for me.

I suspect Nissan is losing money on these cars. Hand built engines, composite undertrays...a $20,000 Borg Warner transaxle c'mon! Then there is all the R&D and marketing!

After driving it, I'd say it's worth around $100K.

Comment

Some car magazine I was reading, Motor Trend or something stated that for the performance, the GT-R would be worth about 400k.
        03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

Well, I'm waiting to see what happens here in Canada in a few months. It's one thing to have a waiting list with 50 guys on it, totally another to sell your quota of cars immediately with a dealer mark-up. For example, I never would have thought you'd see Audi R8s sitting in showrooms, but they are.

We'll see how many "waiting list" customers will put up when the dealer calls, especially if the price is over list. There is already 1 ebay car in the U.S. that a guy couldn't flip b/c two bidders both failed to secure financing or come up with the rest of the cash.

Comment

Originally posted by fire_n_ice View Post
            Well, I'm waiting to see what happens here in Canada in a few months. It's one thing to have a waiting list with 50 guys on it, totally another to sell your quota of cars immediately with a dealer mark-up. For example, I never would have thought you'd see Audi R8s sitting in showrooms, but they are..
            I hope it dies down so I can hop on one in the next couple years.

But as for the R8, that must be some sort of fleet car you see for promotion to bring people in. Those are really sold out for 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Z-Tuned View Post
              But as for the R8, that must be some sort of fleet car you see for promorion to bring people in. Those are really sold out for 2 years.
              That's what I thought, too. But, I've had the opportunity to buy at least 3 R8s, without being on any waiting lists.

Part of this "waiting list" game is simply the dealership owners buying the cars themselves and then turning around and putting them up for sale in the show room for anybody with cash to buy.

Add that to the majority of waiting list people that aren't really serious about buying, and you have a car that isn't, in actual fact, sold out for years.

Comment

theres only like 4 of them on there now , i guess there selling

Comment

Originally posted by QuietChaos View Post
                  Some car magazine I was reading, Motor Trend or something stated that for the performance, the GT-R would be worth about 400k.
                  After all the tranmissions it will eat up it will cost about 400k

Seriously though they are very good cars for what you get and what you pay. Not to mention they are sexy as hell.
                  06 WRX

Comment

Working...
                  X