Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kid claims to get GT-R for 18th, possibly lying

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.p...ic=250499&st=0

This is one of my other forums I go to (basically an asian community forum) and as I see it now, this is turning into that story about the kid with the Benz. I'm sorry, but how does an 18-year old who just got a licence get a GT-R for a BIRTHDAY GIFT, let alone a girl? Not to be sexist, but what idiot parent trusts their daughter with a powerhouse (im not even sure if that's actually a girl...)? It's developing now, but its spiraling out of control so sit back and see what's happened so far.
    Originally posted by Shadao
    All i could do was shake my head and say" Like a fine wine that has aged over the years and was taken care of will be a much nicer drink than one that was bottled yesterday."
    Again he said, "still though its a 20yr old car"
    New Civic vs. Old Skyline
    ---
    My Ride: 1986 Toyota Cressida

I wish i was that girl...
    Skyline GTR-Most fun you can have in 4.7 seconds!

Comment

There have been articles about this sort of thing in newspapers downunder.

From what I understand some parents from asia save up for their kids education. When the kids visit another country to do education and they are on their own, parents allow them to buy a car to go to University or school.

I presume this is where the rich asian kid sterotype comes from. When sometimes their parents are not rich (middle class), but spend their hard earned money on improving their kids future, but parents allow them to buy a car and kid blows more than they should on a car + mods, like a near new EVO, S15, just to name a few cars to impress friends. Also try to mod car, so it's better / faster than friends car. Then if they run out of money or want something better, they sell car + sometimes ask the parents for more money.

It seems from what one article said, some parents give their kids from 60K-100K+, as they pay the full fee price at a school or University, whereas government pays part of local kids education. I gather the money goes into local economy through the school or University if it's public owned.

Sometimes you get the odd rich kid (just like you would see in Europe, US, etc) that spends more than most and that's where a GTR, Porsche, etc is within their budget.
      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

I don't understand why people are making a big deal about this... I've seen kids drive around in 200k AMG's and even ferrari's, just some kid with a good amount of coin backing them.
        “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Some rich people (including rich people from asia, both kid and adult) that I have met tend to keep it to themselves, not advertise on the web that they have this and that car.
          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

lol... well I just spent about half an hour reading every post.... I'm off work now... that was a good time filler for my final half hour haha..
            1991 Nissan Skyline GTR for sale - $10,000 obo.

Comment

it's locked now........ it definitely makes for a good laugh when people post **** like that.

The all time best has to be that guy on my350z.com. that **** got bad quick, it took 2-3days before he was getting phoned at his home?!?!?!?! it was pretty crazy..... but then again it's his fault for posting stupid **** like he did.
              The GT-R doesn't run on gas, but on the tears of children.

Comment

Care to explain what happened over at my350z.com?

Comment

Working...
                X