• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTR = Garbage ??? MUST READ***

Found this on another forum,

that poor bastard. I am speachless
    bscmotorsports.ca
    Arctic Cat Fircat F7 Sno pro

"You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f*cked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny? Whaat the f*ck is so funny bout' me, tell me, tell me whats funny..."

That poor bastard? err...He bought a gtr.

Are they built crappy? Well they sure aren't a bnr32. At 15+ years most of our cars still have spunk.

Comment

I heard the launch control in those cars only last 12 launches before needing maintenance from the dealer.
      06 WRX

Comment

It's common for drivetrain problems to occur when launching hard with older Nissan's. My R32 has damaged all 3 shaft's and diffhead from hard launching.

From what I have noticed Gearbox, drivetrain usually go when car is fitted with grippy tyres + hard launching.

With new GTR having grippy tyres + more weight, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that it broke the gearbox.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

on the same token though, you launch a lambo murcialago a handful of times and you're replacing the clutch. you got to pay to play.

Comment

hell i bet the guy didnt even properly break in his new ride, he prolly beat the snot out of it...

if i had the money to toss around and buy a R35 i would baby it, even without the LC its still a fast as hell car
            How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
            \'03 Dodge SX2.0
            \'90 GTR32

Comment

Originally posted by Shadao View Post
              hell i bet the guy didnt even properly break in his new ride, he prolly beat the snot out of it...
              beating on a car is a method of breaking it in properly...

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
                beating on a car is a method of breaking it in properly...
                The best way! imo
                2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
                1969 Cooper S. Restored
                1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

well he claim to have launched only 20 times since he own it. then two weeks after he last launched it, it broke. He also say that he can still run some gears and that only 2nd went and that nissan said it was destroyed gearbox.

20k to replace the gearbox...

common, cant the guy get the car, open the gearbox... contact quaifie then get them to developpe tranny part as they do for every other gearbox...

also keep in mind that it is very hard on a launch when a car is awd, you will always find the weakest point when you push it. Sometime its better to chose ahead where the weaker point will be... im just wondering why car company dont voluntarly insert weaker points. (sadly my car the gtir is plagued with weak gearbox also around 550whp +or- , why I wont run too stiff of a clutch)
                  1991 Nissan Pulsar GTIR with mods

Comment

Still doesn't make sense to include launch control with the car if it will severely damage the transmission that quickly.
                    '12 STi Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by BurlyR32 View Post
                      Still doesn't make sense to include launch control with the car if it will severely damage the transmission that quickly.
                      Sure doesn't.

"press this button to damage your car, and/or void your warranty, in order to achieve advertised accelleration"

I smell a class action lawsuit brewing.

Yeah, launching AWD cars is hard on them, so is launching FWD and RWD cars.

In my lifetime I've launched an AWD vehicle (my skyline, and previous DSM's) in total probably 100+ times. And have NEVER broken **** launching, not even once. Even my DSM with 400+ HP and launch control @5500RPM didn't break. I've broken 2 RWD vehicles launching (well, one was a burnout, didn't even get to the "launching" stage) It just doesn't make sense that they destroy themselves that quickly unless something is defective, or the gearbox isn't strong enough.
                      1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                      2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                      2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

It's also how you launch the car. If the drivetrain is not locked up, can get what is called excessive drivetrain shock. Some lock up against hand brake when launching a GTR. Some use the rev, dump method. I noticed on a EVO 7000rpm launches destroy's the rear diffhead.
                        RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

If the R35 wasn't such a heavy pig it wouldn't be such a big problem.

I don't understand why the R35 is so large and heavy. If the made it about the same size as an R34 and around 3300-3400lbs it would be faster and easier on drivelines.

The larger displacement 3.8TT makes more torque than an RB26 at any given boost pressure. Torque is what kills drivelines. I can only imagine the R35 is so large and has a 3.8L engine because it was to be marketed to Americans. If it was just sold in Japan I have no doubt the R35 would be smaller, lighter and most likely have a smaller engine.

I like the idea of a destroked VQ35 running about 3L with twin turbos. Let it rev to 8-9k and make less driveline snapping torque.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

prob the same reason the 350z are on the heavy side. All that chassis reinforcement and what not. If im correct even the 350z GT is like +600lb over a GTST which is a bit of weight considering that car is pretty small.
                            but the R35 GTR weighing in at likr 4k on the scale...outrageous! lol

thats like strapping a 3cyl firefly engine onto a cow and tippin on a turbocharger.
                            .......GTRCANADA.COM
                            Canada's premier Skyline enthusiast club

Comment

I think in 2006 JUN made a 828ps version of the 350Z with a twin turbo 3.8 litre V6 that weighed in at around 1340kg -

World's first 4WD twin turbo Z33 by JUN, as seen by the JDMOption team at Fuji Speedway. It runs a VQ38DETT (stroker kit at VQ35DE and Twin TRUST TD05H), a 4...

You can see the potential of R35GTR engine in that car. Also how much weight they could strip off the R35GTR.

Here's the photo's, specs, boost levels for JUN 350Z racecar -

Does the top of R35GTR engine, twin intercooler setup look familiar.

The R35GTR is very heavy compared to the 3.5 litre twin turbo V8 Nissan had in the R390GT1 which weighed around 1180kg in road spec form with around 550ps from engine. The twin turbo V8 is like 20kg lighter than a RB26. I think Tom Wilkinshaw in the UK helped Nismo with the R390GT1.

This is a collection of photo's (R390GT1) -

The blue coloured R390GT1 is the road version. Only 2 road versions were made.

Info about the R390GT1 -

This is demo run of the racespec R390GT1 (gives you an idea of what it sounds, drives like) -

'98年ル・マン24時間レースで星野一義選手、鈴木亜久里選手、影山正彦選手の日本人ドライバーによって総合3位表彰台獲得。エンジン型式 VRH35L排気量 3,495cc最高出力 650ps以上/6,800rpm以上最大トルク 72kg-m以上/4,400rpm

But what the R390GT1 was a based off (1992 R92CP Group C car) had around 800ps to 850kg -

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

As you can see the 800hp V8 powered Group C racecar looks alot faster than the 828ps 3.8 litre V6 JUN 350Z racecar on the same racetrack. The JUN 350Z racecar weighs in at around 1340kg. But you don't know what boost level the JUN 350Z racecar was running at the time the videoclip was made.

Also 1 kg = 2.20462262 lbs.
                              RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                              X