GTR marketing questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTR marketing questions

Creating a future marketing strategy for the GTR for one of my marketing classes.
    I would just like some simple answers to the follwong questions. You do not need to be a marketing buff or business savvy to answer. All opinions are welcomed and desired.

I do realize these questions are open ended, somewhat leading and are being presenetd on a site where bias will most likeyl be a factor. This is OK for what i'm after at the moment.

1)How did you feel about Nissan's initial marketing of the GTR?
    2)What area's of their strategy would you have made changes too?

3)What changes would you like to see from Nissan in their future endeavours with the GTR?
    4)Do you feel their strategic approaches should remain the same?

Thanks guys

I haven't even seen any marketing.

Aside from the nurburgring video, of course, which kicked ass. But nissan has been really quiet about the car and just let the internet do the talking.
    1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
    2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
    2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Same here, seen no marketing for it.

For a future car?

In all honesty, look to the Z06/ZR1 Vette's, see what their doing and learn from it.

Vette's are outselling and out performing them in every way.

Ontop of that, nissan needs to open up to the aftermarket. This is the reason Japanese aftermarket is hugely expensive when you get inside the motors.

Ive had 2 customers sell their GTR's, and move over to the GM Y Chassis.

Bash pricing, bash all you want against the vette's, simply put a ZR1 may be expensive, but if you ever get a chance to take a look through one of these things, you will be floors by the attention to detail on them. The GTR is simply not the same quality.

Not to mention a $350 cam, and $1500 exhaust on a ZR1 Will yeild over 700rwhp :bow down: (near 800hp@motor)
      1999 Corvette FRC Z51 - Modz.
      1996 Golf TD IDI - Also...modz.

Comment

Nissan have a very smart way of marketing. They are people savvey in their marketing ploys. Its also cheap for them lol Pretty much they know by now the GTR has a cult following with more forums (like this one) then we realise exist. Using these avenues and "product leaks" they manage to market the car without having to spend much money at all.

Pretty much they let the car and its performance and hype do its own marketing. Not many cars on the market have as much hype in the world as the GTR so when it gets released, u can be sure photos would have spread the world within a day. You simply cant get better marketing then that. No advertisement can span the world as quick as word of mouth.

Its worked amazingly well in the past and even moreso with the new GTR. I havnt seen any real marketing for it yet I knew about the car more then any commercial could have told me within a day of t being released. Why change sumthing that already works so well?

Comment

this video gives you insight into nissans marketing strategy with the gtr

They did not want to use the regular means of advertising. Specifically NO TV commercials.

Comment

thats a really good find!!

Comment

Working...
            X