No announcement yet.

9.91 at ~145 MPH on Pump Gas - Car&Racers Switzer R1K at Cayuga TMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here in bc you get one pass under 11.50 and they tell you dont do it again. you do it again and you get the boot. i cant believe they let you run 9s without a cage!
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Originally posted by gtrjon View Post
      here in bc you get one pass under 11.50 and they tell you dont do it again. you do it again and you get the boot. i cant believe they let you run 9s without a cage!
      Test and tune days are less of an issue - but I've been there enough that I have no choice.

Here's a GoPro video of me doing my 9.91 and 9.93 runs. It was someone else GoPro - so I could not edit it (its very long)...but it is pretty cool and shows you what it sounds and feels like to be in my car...

Enjoy!
      Last edited by vtknight; 05-09-2012, 05:48 PM.

Comment

That is fast but my wife's explorer requires very little driver input like this thing lol floor and steer. Other then feeling the Gs, you don't get bored? Seems dull fast car you got there though!

Originally posted by vtknight View Post
        Test and tune days are less of an issue - but I've been there enough that I have no choice.

Here's a GoPro video of me doing my 9.91 and 9.93 runs. It was someone else GoPro - so I could not edit it (its very long)...but it is pretty cool and shows you what it sounds and feels like to be in my car...

Enjoy!
        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
        lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
          That is fast but my wife's explorer requires very little driver input like this thing lol floor and steer. Other then feeling the Gs, you don't get bored? Seems dull fast car you got there though!
          I picked on him about the same thing (more or less). It's his thing and loves it. As much as I wanna knock it because "I" don't think it's exciting or using the car to it's potential it's his money, his love, and he's hittin it outta the park doing it.

I would have to think it will get boring though. Leave at the right time, flick a switch to change gears a couple times and step on the brake. Not like pounding gears in a bit block that wants to do everything except go straigtht.

I give him big props for what he's done and the money his wife has let him spend.

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
            (Sigh). Until you have tried it - especially at 800+ awhp (and soon I will using my 1000+ awhp boost settings) - you cannot say its boring.

Most high powered cars (domestic and import) - specifically drag racing - use some form of clutchless shifter.

I have a manual 6 speed car - yes I love them. That said, you simply cannot put the power down the way you can with the DCT. That and the fact that my car now has a 8000 RPM shift point - with no rev limiter - makes shifting fairly intense as missing means potential damage.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
              I picked on him about the same thing (more or less). It's his thing and loves it. As much as I wanna knock it because "I" don't think it's exciting or using the car to it's potential it's his money, his love, and he's hittin it outta the park doing it.

I would have to think it will get boring though. Leave at the right time, flick a switch to change gears a couple times and step on the brake. Not like pounding gears in a bit block that wants to do everything except go straigtht.

I give him big props for what he's done and the money his wife has let him spend.
              No Wife...yet. Soon though.

That's why I did the build of the car now...

Comment

quick car

Comment

Working...
                X