Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Four GTR's at Cayuga TMP - Nitro Nationals...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four GTR's at Cayuga TMP - Nitro Nationals...

Hi everyone,

We (FINALLY) had some good weather and went out to the track for some fun. Hot and somewhat humid at first (bad for power) and then cooler in the evening (bad for traction).

Still alot of fun...crowds reactions were very nice...

Erik beating a Corvette, much to the audible AWWS of disappointment of the crowd...lol

Listen to the AWWWS of disappointment for the Corvette LOL.

Two tuned 2012's that were very very equally tuned...the orange car ran a 10.9 but we didn't get it on video...

Two of my favourite personal runs;

Versus drag guy one...starting to dial my launches in - 9.92 at 145 MPH

Versus drag guy 2 - Worst ET of the night (10.07), but best MPH (146.7 - cool air IS good) - I will not lie, the cheering at the end did make me feel pretty special...

I have to admint...the cheers felt good. I thought it was a 10.07 - but it is a 10.01 run...My worst ET of the night, but one of my best MPH (146.7)...temps ...

Enjoy!

Great results. Hate to say this but the R35 is so awesome the numbers sound almost ordinary. What a pack of beasts.

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Originally posted by JZ View Post
      Great results. Hate to say this but the R35 is so awesome the numbers sound almost ordinary. What a pack of beasts.
      Lol...thanks. I'm hoping to get my race fuel settings going - but I'm not too convinced my R888's can handle the power...

I will post the videos regardless - I hope to go low 9's at about 155 MPH...

Cheers!

Comment

Wow, your car is just beastly! Which version of LC are you running on the Cobb, and what RPMs are you launching at?
        2012 Deep Pearl Blue Black Edition GT-R

Some say my teeth glow in the dark...
        And that if you tune your radio to 88.4 FM you can actually hear my thoughts...

All we know is, I'm called The Stig

Comment

Originally posted by The Stig View Post
          Wow, your car is just beastly! Which version of LC are you running on the Cobb, and what RPMs are you launching at?
          Thanks for the props sir - and a great question Stig...I am on a custom LC4 with VDC-R off that revs to 5200 RPMs (yes 5200)...

It can get pretty violent...I had some wheel hop on my last run (which I never want to do again)...

I'm going to try LC5 at the same RPM - I'm told it's smoother...videos to come!

Comment

5200??!! Wow.. and I thought LC4 @ 4000 RPM in a stock 2012 felt aggressive... be careful of your internal organs

From what I was reading from Bill@SprayItRacing's thread on clutch slippage, I think LC5 does allow for some more clutch slip and therefore is a bit smoother. I'm curious to see if it's any faster at the same RPM in your car.

You're making it harder and harder to resist tuning with your great videos and results, keep posting!

Comment

5200??!! Wow.. and I thought LC4 @ 4000 RPM in a stock 2012 felt aggressive... be careful of your internal organs

From what I was reading from Bill@SprayItRacing's thread on clutch slippage, I think LC5 does allow for some more clutch slip and therefore is a bit smoother. I'm curious to see if it's any faster at the same RPM in your car.

You're making it harder and harder to resist tuning with your great videos and results, keep posting!
              Lol - as Yoda said (about modding) - once down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

I have heard the same about LC5 - so I think I will give it a shot. I will post the videos when I compare the times...

Your stock 2012 is still faster than 90% of the cars at the track if it makes you feel any better. You would have beaten both drag cars in the videos posted above...

Obvioulsy...because you're called THE STIG!

Comment

Here's some more races;

Lost traction, but great MPH. The other GTR was in the wrong mode and conuldn't continue - it's a very fast car (10.9's).

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by vtknight View Post
                  Lol - as Yoda said (about modding) - once down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

I have heard the same about LC5 - so I think I will give it a shot. I will post the videos when I compare the times...

Your stock 2012 is still faster than 90% of the cars at the track if it makes you feel any better. You would have beaten both drag cars in the videos posted above...

Obvioulsy...because you're called THE STIG!
                  Haha, it certainly does seem like a dark (and expensive!) path. A very nice guy I met at the Vancouver cruise just received his P800, so hopefully I'll get to see some Switzer power in action soon locally.

Comment

Haha, it certainly does seem like a dark (and expensive!) path. A very nice guy I met at the Vancouver cruise just received his P800, so hopefully I'll get to see some Switzer power in action soon locally.
                    Actually, somewhat ironically, the first R1K (the prototype) is from Vancouver.

He goes by GoushesGTR on Nagtroc. I believe he is entered in a mile event in Alberta soon - so you may hear alot from him actually.

His car is matte black with some nice rims. We book-end Canada (until someone has a car more east than me)...

Comment

Oh, I had no idea his was an R1K, very cool!

Comment

Oh, I had no idea his was an R1K, very cool!
                        Doing a cruise over some great twisty roads this weekend with four bikes...could be alot of fun!

Good time for me to try my GoPro - if only to film the bikes...

Comment

Working...
                        X