500 hp GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500 hp GTR

I own a 89 gts-t since 2005 and i'm planning to sell it for buying an r32 GTR . I'M trying to find a clean and reliable 500 hp gtr but it's not easy . my question is what i have to change and how the parts for thats kind of set-up will cost. I know that it will have a lot of possibilities and all kind of price but is it more safe and profitable to find one already built or built one all by myself.

so please guys give me some examples of set up and prices i will take all your opinion

thanks

Please use the search function and post in the correct forum.
    oh hai!

Comment

Originally posted by Black BNR32 View Post
      How is the GTR Discussion forum not the correct one again?

As said before, search......however...you live in communist PQ and as such you are limited to whatever GTRs are in the province already. No new RHD cars will be let in until they are 25years old. That means you will be competing with the Yanks for cars....good luck with that. I would search out whatever GTRs are in the province already...preferably ones that are only 22 years old so that you won't get into any bidding wars with the Yanks.

Jon.
      Last edited by Dragon Humper; 09-24-2013, 08:21 PM.
      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post

As said before, search......however...you live in communist PQ and as such you are limited to whatever GTRs are in the province already. No new RHD cars will be let in until they are 25years old. That means you will be competing with the Yanks for cars....good luck with that. I would search out whatever GTRs are in the province already...preferably ones that are only 22 years old so that you won't get into any bidding wars with the Yanks.

Jon.
        unless i buy one already plated in qc i have to check for a 25 year old car anyway and thats my point... finding a 500 hp gtr clean and well tune is not easy here in quebec so or i buy a 25 years old cars from canada or imported one from japan or i buy a clean bassicaly stock gtr and put money on it to reach my 500 hp goal. seriously i think that imported one from japan is my better option. what do you think about it

Comment

Originally posted by Black BNR32 View Post
          my question was how it cost in aftermarket parts to reach 500 hp when you start with a bassicaly stock gtr and at 500hp does the engine will still be reliable

Comment

built as a daily driver... you add up the parts list...
            very reliable.. (after a lot of diganostic)
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-pro...-implants.html

Comment

Youll get 5,000 answers to this question, some people are atleast 30k+ into there builds and are just getting to a reliable 500hp. If you can find one already in quebec thats doing that reliably go for it, itll probly be alot cheaper.
              '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
              '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

My car makes 427whp=~500hp. N1 turbos, boost controller, engine management, ~550 CC injectors, exhaust, oil cooler for safety and a good tune will get you there. Better do a clutch too. So doing some rough math your looking at about $7500 if you do the wrenching yourself.
                This doesn't include all the parts you'll want to replace considering the car is ~20+ years old.
                Might as well through on another $2500 for good measure.
                I hope this helps to answer question.
                Is my car reliable?

Last edited by bobbo; 09-24-2013, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
                  My car makes 427whp=~500hp. N1 turbos, boost controller, engine management, ~550 CC injectors, exhaust, oil cooler for safety and a good tune will get you there. Better do a clutch too. So doing some rough math your looking at about $7500 if you do the wrenching yourself.
                  This doesn't include all the parts you'll want to replace considering the car is ~20+ years old.
                  Is my car reliable?

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-pro...ight=GTR+faith
                  Hey bobbo pretty sick build that you have i just finish look your thread and your gtr s pretty awsome i just have a quick question at that power (turbo pressure too) about 500hp did the stock rubber piping does is job???
                  Thanks
                  Nic

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
                    Is my car reliable?

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-pro...ight=GTR+faith
                    How cost the n1 turbo do you buy it new or use and rebuilt it

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post

Jon.
                      Jon, c'mon now. Check again.
                      oh hai!

Comment

Huh..huh.....yea right NissanGTR, not Skyline GTR. Ma bad, guess I'll get out the knife and fork and eat me some roadkill crow....lol.

Seriously though OP, you sound like you need to do a whole bunch of reading. Sounds like you aren't buying a car in a while so you have some time. Stick to a car already in de Kebec that is as new as you can find and you can't go very wrong. If it doesn't already have 500hp chances are that most of the supporting mod are there and all it will need is a couple of items to get you there.

Jon.
                        Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by nickisonfire View Post
                          Hey bobbo pretty sick build that you have i just finish look your thread and your gtr s pretty awsome i just have a quick question at that power (turbo pressure too) about 500hp did the stock rubber piping does is job???
                          Thanks
                          Nic
                          I'm still using the original charge piping but all of the vacuum lines have been replaced as with most of the coolant lines.
                          My turbos were provided at a fantastic price. I lucked out with getting a sponsorship from GTR-Garage.
                          They have some excellent prices and are great to deal with.
                          I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

Working...
                          X