Rear Mounted Dual Clutch ATTESSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Mounted Dual Clutch ATTESSA

Just trying to learn something here, How does a this new system work?!! I understand its for better 50/50 weight balance but Literally how does a dual clutch work. And like how does the new ATTESSA system differ from the old one im stumped I just cant seem to figure it out. I just would like to try to understand more about the new technology behind it. Ive come so far in the past two years for understanding the Skyline GTR and im just trying to keep up. I must say im very interested in learning for an 18 yr old. ( Birthdays On Sunday!) Anyway I couldnt think of a better group to ask to teach me about cars, and any post is appreciated so help me out GTRCers!
    1991 Nissan 240sx - RB25DET w/ GT3071R
    1991 Nissan 240sx - KA
    1994 Honda Civic Si HB

Home In Pittsburgh, PA

Anybody...nobody...JZ help?
    1991 Nissan 240sx - KA
    1994 Honda Civic Si HB

Home In Pittsburgh, PA

Comment

ok here gose, the AWD system is ATTESSA but its 98%rear 2%front unlike the r32-r34 of 100% rear 0% front, when slipoccures it send power forword, up to 50% ( but only will it split 50 / 50 if your speed is under 50 mph) after 50 mph its max split is 65% rear 35% front... that is what i have read.. ( 3 articals have said the same) it makes over 10,000 calculations a second to determin the best way to get power to the gound... ( and i thought the r32s 100 calculation a second was good)

as for the duel clutch, i dont know if its like Audis 1-3-5 on one clutch and 2-4-6 on the other, i'm shure more info will come around in due time, 480hp and 460 ft-lb if i;m not mistaken

Comment

Originally posted by GTS-4Skyline View Post
        ok here gose, the AWD system is ATTESSA but its 98%rear 2%front unlike the r32-r34 of 100% rear 0% front, when slipoccures it send power forword, up to 50% ( but only will it split 50 / 50 if your speed is under 50 mph) after 50 mph its max split is 65% rear 35% front... that is what i have read.. ( 3 articals have said the same) it makes over 10,000 calculations a second to determin the best way to get power to the gound... ( and i thought the r32s 100 calculation a second was good)

as for the duel clutch, i dont know if its like Audis 1-3-5 on one clutch and 2-4-6 on the other, i'm shure more info will come around in due time, 480hp and 460 ft-lb if i;m not mistaken
        ok, this is about as much as my 18 year old mind can comprehend on the dual clutch system.

instead of the conventional gear box, where you have one clutch, and one input shaft that feeds the cluster gears, there are 2 clutches, 99% of the time they are wet mulitiplate, built into one single clutch pack. and instead of just 1 input shaft, you have 2, well... 2 shafts built into one.

the first, or outer input shaft is hallowed in the middle, which makes room for where the 2nd input shaft sits, each input shaft has its own clutch

as stated above, one of the input shafts feeds the even numbered gears, and the other feeds the odd numbered gears

the dual clutch makes super fast shifts possible because, vaguely speaking, there is constant powerflow to the gears, unlike a conventional manual where you have to disconnect the power while you are switching gears

hope that made sense.

Comment

hey derek..arent u 18 urself???? :hit newb: :hit newb: :hit newb: :hit newb:
          j/k. u cant explain any better than that. haha
          Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

thanks guys that helps so much! GTRC Love!
            1991 Nissan 240sx - KA
            1994 Honda Civic Si HB

Home In Pittsburgh, PA

Comment

here you go.

Most people know that cars come with two basic transmission types: manuals and automatics. But there's also something in between that offers the best of both worlds -- the dual-clutch transmission. Check it out.
              The GT-R doesn't run on gas, but on the tears of children.

Comment

r33/34 have a preload on the atessa system.....
                that makes it no different from this "new" system

Comment

wow thanks again that was really cool
                  1991 Nissan 240sx - KA
                  1994 Honda Civic Si HB

Home In Pittsburgh, PA

Comment

Working...
                  X