Vr38dett Engine Dyno!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vr38dett Engine Dyno!!!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Originally posted by Snow
    They should build an island in the shape of a race track, and then build the track under it. And air condition that b!tch.
    Originally posted by DreadedFist
    If it's not metal its POOP.

On that chart I see 600hp. Isn't the 08 GTR less than that? Then again, the specs say 480, that's pretty close.
    No build thread.
    1991 nissan
    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
      On that chart I see 600hp. Isn't the 08 GTR less than that? Then again, the specs say 480, that's pretty close.
      That Chart is in NM(Newton meters) not ft.lbs.

Comment

wait a minute..... wouldn't you use NM for torque rating? and KW for power rating?

So that means....456hp and 442lb/ft.

I wish the old one's had torque ratings that close to the hp rating.
        The GT-R doesn't run on gas, but on the tears of children.

Comment

Originally posted by mikey View Post
          wait a minute..... wouldn't you use NM for torque rating? and KW for power rating?

So that means....456hp and 442lb/ft.

I wish the old one's had torque ratings that close to the hp rating.

torque is a factor of dispacement and boost pressure.

horsepower is a factor of torque x RPM.

if you want to make more torque than horsepower, limit RPM's, or run small turbos that make lots of torque and not lots of horsepower.

the RB26 is a small displacement, high revving motor. Add displacement or take away revs and you'll see similarly matched numbers.
          1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
          2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
          2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by Terrh View Post

if you want to make more torque than horsepower, limit RPM's, or run small turbos that make lots of torque and not lots of horsepower.

the RB26 is a small displacement, high revving motor. Add displacement or take away revs and you'll see similarly matched numbers.
            Learn something new everyday..

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
              technically there are no hp specs on the gtr since they are all different.
              60% of the time my car is on the road all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by TK-GTS View Post
                technically there are no hp specs on the gtr since they are all different.
                Are the differences just because they were hand made? Isn't that kinda crappy that you can have a stock GTR and your friend can have a stock GTR and yet it can be a huge difference in the specs?

Its weird cause i thought it had 485 WHP stock but I've also seen youtube vids of the dyno chart said its only putting out 432 hp/424 ft-lb (this is just the most recent one i saw) Is there really that big of a gap?!?!
                Double track drift, yo.
                http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Each dyno result is different, ie dynojet, dynapack, mustang etc. Along with other factors.

Comment

This is on an engine dyno. As a far as each being different, I dont buy that. If they are assembled by hand using the same specs how much difference can there be? probably more consistent then machines doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteGTR View Post
                      This is on an engine dyno. As a far as each being different, I dont buy that. If they are assembled by hand using the same specs how much difference can there be? probably more consistent then machines doing it.
                      Have all the dyno results you've seen been on the same dyno, same octane, same elevation, same weather etc? There are lots of factors that are in play.....

Dyno results from different areas should not be used for hp/trq comparisons, it's not accurate. HP/trq numbers don't mean anything, trap speeds do. Unless you are looking to be a number queen and still run 15's

Remember, dynojets, dynapacks, dynodynamics, mustangs etc. all read differently, this is widely known....

Comment

Vr38dett Engine Dyno

My engine leaps around like its possessed- especially when i switch it off and it decides to run on/hesitantly stop.

Is the only option new nissan mounts?

Comment

Originally posted by christx View Post
                          this is widely known...
                          Yep

Comment

Originally posted by EliteGTR View Post
                            apparently its only by a few hp my guess would be not enough to notice
                            60% of the time my car is on the road all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrh View Post

Sort of right,

Torque is a factor of Force x Distance, nothing to do with boost pressure, although it may increase relatively. Measuring torque is done by adiobatic compression which is change of pressure relative to volume (simplified version)

Power For Imperial or US customary units Horsepower is a factor of
                              [RPM * Torque (inch-lbs)]/63000

Power For SI (metric) Units
                              Power (KW) = {[(RPM*2pi)/60s]*Torque(N-m)}

For US customary units/ Imperial Boost pressure is relative to Force (usually measured in lbs) / Area
                              Or, Pressure = (roh looks like a P)(g)(h) when discussing fluids.
                              Where P is the density of the fluid relative to water (1.94 lb/ft^3)
                              G is the force of gravity (32.2ft/s^2)
                              H is the change in displacement of the fluid.
                              This will give you Lbs/ft^2, so to convert to psi multiply by 12^2 (inches squared)

your boost gauge works on this principle by tapping into the system to see how far it moves fluid through a pipe.
                              Enjoy, you're now qualified mechanical engineers.

Comment

Working...
                              X