• Show
Clear All

• Option Magazine R35 Catback Exhaust Test +22ps

http://jdm-insider.com/Blogs/Eric/?p=540

+22ps on a catback only! Nice...
    Eric Hsu
    motoIQ.com

Hey nice one Eric.

So I thought original Dynapack numbers were 475hp earlier (from Mine's), so 32hp jump or 7% gains with exhaust and some boost?

Umm whats with all the Dynapack readings anyway? Japan has always been known for flaky hp readings though, their 500ps sure doesn't feel like 500hp!

Comment

What a nice looking system!!! And nice gains from such a simple add on...

I can hardly wait to see what they do with the turbo's, with the manifold/exh housing being one solid piece. Maybe compressor housing swaps???? Who's going to be first to do a big single system? Is it possible??
      1998 Stagea AutechVersion 260RS
      1991 GTi-R "Angry White Ghost" - FOR SALE

Comment

Dynapacks are great dynos. They just read high is all. The GT-R looks promising. I think big power is in it's future with just bolt ons and good tuning.

I don't think a single would be possible as there is virually no room in the engine bay. Besides it would be a complete waste of time since twins are better (yes, even on an RB26).
        Eric Hsu
        motoIQ.com

Comment

That setup looks like the Mines Exhaust.
          1989 Skyline GTR

"Want to Race? Save it for the track!"
          www.victoriamotorsports.ca

Comment

Originally posted by XSDAILO View Post
            . Besides it would be a complete waste of time since twins are better (yes, even on an RB26).
            Amen brother, I don't know how many arguments I have had with people asking ... so when are you going single.

Ummm never :drive:

Comment

Originally posted by Z-Tuned View Post
              Amen brother, I don't know how many arguments I have had with people asking ... so when are you going single.

Ummm never :drive:
              ahh yess. IMO response>max HP

Comment

Want a drag car? Build a Supra or a Chevy and leave GTRs alone :-)

Tyndago will kill me if he reads this BTW!

Comment

I've spent millions of hours developing twin turbo RBs. To be fair, I haven't spent the same amount of hours on single turbo RBs. I've decided to go single on my personal BNR32 for the hell of it so I can see if if I can match the bottom end of twin setup, but I highly doubt it. Our (XS) twin setups have a wicked wide power band and I don't think there's a chance in hell I can get a single to match the power band.
                  Eric Hsu
                  motoIQ.com

Comment

What's with the 1.05 TCF, just to inflate the numbers and make them look good?
                    1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
                    It'll run someday

Comment

No need to question it becauase it's the best in the world - IT'S JDM!
                      Eric Hsu
                      motoIQ.com

Comment

They have Photoshop in Japan too right?

Comment

Yes they do, but I don't think they doctored the dyno. The correction factor of 1.05 might be due to humidity or temperature corrections. Wait, that's not right. It's winter time in Japan right now so the correction factors should be under 1.00. Oh well, who knows....A dyno is only as accurate as it's operator unless it's a Dynojet.
                          Eric Hsu
                          motoIQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by XSDAILO View Post
                            twins are better (yes, even on an RB26).
                            Couldn't agree with you more. But anything is possible, maybe a big "Brumby style" single, for those who want a loop on thier dyno sheet....
                            1998 Stagea AutechVersion 260RS
                            1991 GTi-R "Angry White Ghost" - FOR SALE

Comment

I'm not too sure what you mean by Brumby style. Actually I have no idea what you mean.
                              Eric Hsu
                              motoIQ.com

Comment

Working...
                              X