Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forza 2 vs. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Seriously ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forza 2 vs. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Seriously ?

Here's how it is......
    I got a FREE PS3 with Airmiles and an extra controller - very sweet.

Now, I am an Xbox fanboi through and through.....I have BOTH Xbox and X360. My 360 is my 'online' and general gaming box and my original is my 'Media Centre' now, as it's all 'specially prepared' running Xbox Media Center.

Anyways. I decided to buy GT 5 Prolgue last night (as my PS3 showed up here on teh UPS truck yesterday as well) just to check it out. Now I don't pretend to only ahve gotten my PS3 for games, as I needed a BR Disc player anyways - so kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

I remember reading that from what people could tell with GT 5 Prologue, that it KICKED Forza 2's @SS all over the place and was better in EVERY WAY.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME ? AM I TAKING CRAZY PILLS OR SOMETHING ?

Gran Tourismo 5 Prologue (and I can only imagine 5 as well) SUCKS BIG FAT DONKEY BALLS.

Anyone who feels differently should have their eyes, as well as their HEAD checked......

I am playing on High Def 720P 37" LCD Display...(just incase I get told to get a better TV).....
    Realism - Forza 2
    Accuracy/physics - Forza 2
    Graphics - Forza 2
    Online Play - Forza 2 (so far)

Please excuse the excitment.......but I just had to share my feelings.
    This game sucks and it's back to Forza 2 for me while I await Forza 3....

GT 5 - If this game is a 'driving simulator', the only thing it simulates is how bad a racing game could be if Sony made it...
    Long gone are the DOMINENT days of GT 1, 2, 3...when there was NO other competition in the game categorie....

Allan

think what you will, I still say gt5 is better in every way. I've played both forza2 and gran turismo and there is no way the physics in forza are better than gt everything else is just a matter of opinion but the physics in gt are far superior.... unless there is a setting you can change on forza

this is not meant to be nagative btw

Comment

haha, i havnt played forza but i agree with you, i bought GT5 a few days ago, and well after 30mins i went back to Rainbow Six LasVegas 2. lol

i was quite dissapointed with gt5.

BUT, i will say the graphics on my 42' plasma was quite amazing, just wasnt to excited about the game itsself
      1989 GTS4....

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfattak View Post
        this is not meant to be nagative btw
        I am looking for HONEST responses....and you provided one, there is no need to clarify - I appreciate it.

Although, I do believe that you need glasses

Comment

Am I missing something then ? the only things that look better on GT 5 Prologue are the scenery shots....

The cars look HORRIBLE during game Play, The tracks are so-so........the scenery is great.

I HATE how the controller basicaly moves the SCREEN and nearly makes you have an epileptic seizure from everything moving, rather than moving the car when you direct it/drive it, like in Forza 2.

Cars are not discribed/rendered/played accurately..........when my R34 GTR can't overtake the 'budget cars' on a straight away, there is something wrong.

Are there going to be features such as CAR BUILDING when the actuall GT 5 gets released ? Like in Forza ? and the OLD Gran Turismo games ?

I like the fact they there is no gay licensing and you can start playing ASAP.....but the rest just seems sub-par.

Perhaps when the full version is released, I may be silenced. Untill then, I think it sucks.

Allan

Comment

If you read the previews, which, especially in case of games like Gran Turismo and Tekken, are NEVER giving out all the details, you will know that GT5 when it comes out will have ALL the realism of GT4 and before.

Forza kicks ass as a game compared to other simulators on XBOX platform, but having had both systems for years and played them both (the games), I can honestly tell you that Forza is at best an arcade game. It is NOT a simulator. Yes, its Microsoft backing the whole hardware and so their machinery is impeccable. And Forza may even be better than GT4 in graphics. However, when it comes to brute customization, precise physics of the cars and the ability to FINE TUNE a vehicle, you cannot even compare the two. GT4 is too far advanced compared to Forza.

The whole feel of Gran Turismo is realistic. And that of Forza is still arcade-ish, no matter HOW REALISTIC the graphics or damage in it.

To me, this is the analogy that best fits this comparison:
            Its exactly like driving a mildly modded Skyline GTR vs an excessively suped up Civic that has more ponies than the GTR. Many times the CIVIC will kick the GTR's ass, but what would you rather be driving?

I rest my case............
            (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)

Cheap, Reliable, Fast.....PICK TWO
            SERENITY NOW!!!!!!
            HEAVY METAL IS THE LAW........EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST CRIME

Comment

Originally posted by JD74 View Post
              Am I missing something then ? the only things that look better on GT 5 Prologue are the scenery shots....

The cars look HORRIBLE during game Play, The tracks are so-so........the scenery is great.

I HATE how the controller basicaly moves the SCREEN and nearly makes you have an epileptic seizure from everything moving, rather than moving the car when you direct it/drive it, like in Forza 2.

Cars are not discribed/rendered/played accurately..........when my R34 GTR can't overtake the 'budget cars' on a straight away, there is something wrong.

Are there going to be features such as CAR BUILDING when the actuall GT 5 gets released ? Like in Forza ? and the OLD Gran Turismo games ?

I like the fact they there is no gay licensing and you can start playing ASAP.....but the rest just seems sub-par.

Perhaps when the full version is released, I may be silenced. Untill then, I think it sucks.

Allan
              maybe the game isn't to blame for not having the ability to pass...jk... but... i have beaten all the races and many many times i used the r34vspec with no problems. Also once you beat the missions you will unlock car tuning.

i dont understand what your talking about where the controler moves the screen.... but the third person chase camera sucks in gt... use the bumper sorta cam or the cockpit cam.

Comment

lol...forza 2 over GT5 in the physics and realism department? Are you kidding me!? How you about you try putting it in Simulation mode under the Professional setting then we'll which game is more realistic. And to further enhance the experience, buy the G25. Forza doesn't even come close...and yes, i've played both.
                SOLD:1990 Skyline GTR Nismo #283

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
                  lol...forza 2 over GT5 in the physics and realism department? Are you kidding me!? How you about you try putting it in Simulation mode under the Professional setting then we'll which game is more realistic. And to further enhance the experience, buy the G25. Forza doesn't even come close...and yes, i've played both.
                  i prefer gt5 over forza2 as i've made clear... but i would put forza above gt5 for graphics and realism (because of damage) and would call it a draw for online (gt5 has a good penalty system but xbox live is far better then psn) but the physics is what it's all about... with my g25 and simulation steering settings it is the closest thing to real life as I've ever experienced

EDIT: Imo the way cars handle on edge in forza is wrong. You can toss any car sideways into a corner and it just fixes itself (i had all driving aids off) then once you get halfway around a corner the back kicks out. Then when you counter-steer you suddenly have grip again and you end up spinning the car out in the other direction. It wasn't me not balancing the throttle. i could push full throttle and i'd still spin the other way (when i should have just spun out in the direction i was going). This happened for every car i used.

i also hate how if 1 wheel touches grass it pulls the rest of the car off the road.

Comment

how many airmiles do you need to get a free ps3??!

Comment

They care less about what you think,

all we know and they know is people are buying it.

Good for sony, it was a sucessful business plan. Now you will also buy the full verison when it comes out, they just made x2 profit off you.

Comment

I have yet to play a racing game for any console I would call a Simulator. The only games I have played that are at all realistic IMO are Rfactor, GTR2 and Live for speed for PC with a logitech G25 set up properly. Nothing is going to feel real with a controller. I played GT4 with my g25 and it was fun but not really that realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by derk View Post
                          how many airmiles do you need to get a free ps3??!

About 4000 ....then a few hundy for the xtra controller.

Comment

even though i own xbox360 and forza i will probably pick up a ps3 and GT5 (full version) with the wheel (which the H pattern 6 speed and clutch)

i played both with the wheel and honestly GT4 has a more real feel than forza or forza2, in terms of graphics, forza 2 cheaped out in their outsourcing and it shows in their dimensions of how the cars are portrayed on screen, just look at that intro with the vette and r34. Resolution migt be better in forza2 but if its off to begin with resolution doesn't quite do much, Main aspect that i was dissappointed in forza 2 was the views. If we are going to talk about realism we have to take the view aspect into account. first those who dont use the incar view when playing any racing game, and use that behind the car view can't comment on realizm :P with that said there was no real incar view in forza?!?!? man even project gotham had that. sure there is an "in car" view in forza, but when you lap with your car can you see through your hood fenders and engine to see the complete track? or look left /right and see through your pillars? the view changes how and when you react when lapping on a track which in turn ties into realism... stock for stock physics imo goes to GT... however that feelin is easily modified by adjusting your car. the Froza modding aspect is better but GT i believe was meant more for oem simulation as opposed to modded, so this aspect depends on the user.

one thing i have to give forza 2 credit for though is A.I realism, imo so far they have the better A.I. for other drivers.
                            Team TBA sponsored by YOKOHAMA: YOKOHAMA, Feast AE/RS, Titoboy Approved, Importfest, NextMOD, DSPEED.

http://www.facebook.com/TitoboyApproved "like" us #doWhatULove

Comment

I can't comment too much on this subject since I've had light experience with both games.

I think GT5 will be, and always has been about the sim quality and the variety (and accuracy) of different models. Other games have highlights but overall can't touch those points. Polyphony spends millions to test every single car to get it.

As for 360...don't own one, never will. When I went to the launch party and played PGR and saw that beautiful in-car view, it was such a let down to have the box lock up 3 times during gameplay.

Comment

Working...
                              X