Random

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random

so im sitting here at my place and theres a loud knock on my door. Figuring its my always wasted neighbour I take my sweet assed time answering it. turns out its not the drunk, its the random.
    he says, "is that your skyline out front?"
    "yes" I reply
    "is it for sale?"
    "Nope."
    lol I love these cars!

wrong answer.

EVERYTHING is always for sale for the right price.

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by falcon View Post
      wrong answer.

EVERYTHING is always for sale for the right price.

I can agree with that

Comment

this is true, but the guy was drivin a hurtin old rusty stang and dressed like he shopped at the sally anne.

Comment

Gotta admire the persons effort i guess. I remember when I was selling my Gts-t I was taking the buyer for a spin and i was explaining how many people stop and ask questions, and all the attention you get. He naturally shrugged it off thinking i was exaggerating. Then about 10 seconds later some guy in a Uhaul beside me was like, "hey! how hard is it to drive that thing? Standard too!, thats a sweet car man!" The buyer was sold after that lol.
          “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

I think this is off-topic (yes it's Skyline related) enough to be moved.
            Race. Win. Live.

Comment

Originally posted by OzWasabi69 View Post
              this is true, but the guy was drivin a hurtin old rusty stang and dressed like he shopped at the sally anne.
              no reason to judge people on there looks. i know a guy who looks like a skinny santa 60 years old drives around a beat up old ranger smokes like a chimney and dresses like a bum. guy broke his arm and refused to pay $75 for a cast/check. so he went home a duct taped a phone book around his arm. this same guy walks around w/ over 20gs in his pocket incase a good deal on car parts comes along. his property also holds millions of dollars worth of extremely rare cars and parts. can't judge a book by its cover. maybe he drives a shitty car saving up for a nice one?

Comment

Man if I was super rich I wouldn't want to have the whole world know all the time. But I would still dress nice.

I would have a "normal" econo car, but no one would know of my underground James Bond fleet of cars at home.

Would keep things interesting.

Also, then you would know your friends/gfriend aren't after you for your money.

TROL

Comment

Im super rich..

but no one knows it..

only my close friends.. and those that lost it all to me in a game of chance
                  Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Originally posted by VicSkylines View Post
                    no reason to judge people on there looks. i know a guy who looks like a skinny santa 60 years old drives around a beat up old ranger smokes like a chimney and dresses like a bum. guy broke his arm and refused to pay $75 for a cast/check. so he went home a duct taped a phone book around his arm. this same guy walks around w/ over 20gs in his pocket incase a good deal on car parts comes along. his property also holds millions of dollars worth of extremely rare cars and parts. can't judge a book by its cover. maybe he drives a shitty car saving up for a nice one?
                    Hmmmm..... D'ya think anything's wrong with this picture?! I'm not lining up to trade places with this guy!

Dan
                    sigpic
                    The Beaumont Connection

Comment

just saying looks don't mean no money

Comment

There's a saying for this - "Can't judge a book by it's cover".

Some rich people I know dress like everyone else. You couldn't tell that they were well off, as they own normal looking houses, fairly normal cars, etc.

I read that there is a billionaire in the US that owns a normal house, although his property is worth alot more than what he bought it for. Some really rich people own more than one house.

A big Mansion is hard to clean, as it needs to be dusted, etc roughly every 2 days. That's when you need to hire help like butlers, maids, etc to keep the place looking good. I gather that's why most rich people buy a smaller house, due to being easier to clean.
                        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

If you're really something, you dont need or feel the desire to SHOW it. Its only when one is insecure does one flaunt out what one has.

Its pretty much like a stock Civic driver wanting to race a GTR and the GTR guy refusing to enter into a street race, because we all know what the likely result is going to be. Why flash all your assets if you're not insecure secure about them? There is more beauty in mystery of how wonderfully proportionate a woman's curves are when they are hidden under a uniform than when all secrets are revealed in my opinion.

But Dan is right about one thing that there is surely something wrong with the guy refusing to pay for the cast even though he needs it - PHONE BOOK??!!
                          (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)

Cheap, Reliable, Fast.....PICK TWO
                          SERENITY NOW!!!!!!
                          HEAVY METAL IS THE LAW........EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST CRIME

Comment

I've had a similar situation to the thread starter, where some people asked to by my car. It happened around 4 times. But walking up to and knocking on the door is a new one to me.
                            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                            X