give it a rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• give it a rest

just my opinion, but moderators needs to stop telling ppl " just use the search, theres already a thread on this topic"..... whos going search through tens of thousands of posts....ps key words dont always work
    life is tough...wear a helmet

Originally posted by skylineisthelimit View Post
    just my opinion, but moderators needs to stop telling ppl " just use the search, theres already a thread on this topic"..... whos going search through tens of thousands of posts....ps key words dont always work
    i bet i can find what your looking for
    How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
    \'03 Dodge SX2.0
    \'90 GTR32

Comment

im not looking fo anything right now.... but i was reading a few posts and thats all the moderators had to say to who ever posted it... just felt like speaking my mind
      life is tough...wear a helmet

Comment

i agree with them. im sick of people signing up and after 2 posts already asking the exact same questions that have been asked 100 times before by people who were to lazy to use the search function properly. if you legitly couldnt find your answer im sure they will be understanding towards your situation.

Use better key words, the search function works very well for me, and ive been using it for over 5 years. ive never had any problems not finding what i need in a reasonable time. people who lurk here do not enjoy answering MAF sensor questions for the 20th time

Kyle
        Originally posted by funkymonkey
        You guys need to set up an RSPCS (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Skylines) and take a baseball bat to the heads of owners that bring disrespect to the heritage by being metrosexual knob jockeys behind the steering wheel.

Comment

I agree with the mods........you can find anything with the search button, so quit crying.
          Full-Race sponsored GTR. Anything else is half fast!

Full-Race.com

Comment

Originally posted by GTR--J View Post
            I agree with the mods........you can find anything with the search button, so quit crying.
            I think there's only one person on this board who doesn't agree with the mods.

Comment

While I agree people do need to try harder when searching for a certain topic, I also understand that our search function kind of fails.
              1991 Black GTR

Comment

Yea...

I don't think that our search function necessarily fails, I think a lot of people posting fail.

People don't use specific titles in their thread, which makes searching hard. Titles of threads that say: "wtf"or "OMG so choked right now" or "Which one should I use?" leaves you wondering if it's worth going through when you search "cams" or "EGT sensor"

Now when someone posts up a thread like:
                "Car dies at 4000rpm WOT" instead of "I'm going to sell my car and crawl into a hole" and you're searching for something like that, you know to go in there and have a look.

Just my 2 cents...

PS: I looked up jack points the other day and came across a ton of threads with people saying where to jack the car from. It would have taken 2 seconds for any of those people to search it. That's where the mods get pissed, especially when there were like 6 solid threads on the first page of results. Some labelled "Jack Points" and some something retarded that didn't help anyone looking...
                DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

to add to what Chris just said, if you Google virtually ANYTHING skyline related, you will 99% of the time get a GTRC hit in the first 4 hits. If 'key words' dont work, try googling it, it may provide a broader search. I just found out about a dope lip today from doing just that.
                  Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Yea sorry I probably phrased it wrong haha.

I agree about the titles thing.

Originally posted by Snow View Post
                    Yea...

I don't think that our search function necessarily fails, I think a lot of people posting fail.

People don't use specific titles in their thread, which makes searching hard. Titles of threads that say: "wtf"or "OMG so choked right now" or "Which one should I use?" leaves you wondering if it's worth going through when you search "cams" or "EGT sensor"

Now when someone posts up a thread like:
                    "Car dies at 4000rpm WOT" instead of "I'm going to sell my car and crawl into a hole" and you're searching for something like that, you know to go in there and have a look.

Just my 2 cents...

PS: I looked up jack points the other day and came across a ton of threads with people saying where to jack the car from. It would have taken 2 seconds for any of those people to search it. That's where the mods get pissed, especially when there were like 6 solid threads on the first page of results. Some labelled "Jack Points" and some something retarded that didn't help anyone looking...
                    1991 Black GTR

Comment

OT but isn't that stinky's old sig pic?

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                      to add to what Chris just said, if you Google virtually ANYTHING skyline related, you will 99% of the time get a GTRC hit in the first 4 hits. If 'key words' dont work, try googling it, it may provide a broader search. I just found out about a dope lip today from doing just that.
                      1991 Black GTR

Comment

Originally posted by Kras View Post
                        OT but isn't that stinky's old sig pic?
                        very well could be, this was the first pic I saw when I came to this site and just fell in love. I'd been trying to find it since and turns out it was in my "Nissan Skyline" folder in 'My Pictures', mixed in with the other 500 some odd shots. true inspiration, one day I will rock it in reverse up to a Tim's.
                        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville
                          very well could be, this was the first pic I saw when I came to this site and just fell in love. I'd been trying to find it since and turns out it was in my "Nissan Skyline" folder in 'My Pictures', mixed in with the other 500 some odd shots. true inspiration, one day I will rock it in reverse up to a Tim's.
                          It is a cool shot
                          1991 Black GTR

Comment

Search sucks ****. Only 4 letters and more? ******* useless. If I search red gtr it doesn't work ******* useless

Comment

Originally posted by Rapier46 View Post
                              Search sucks ****. Only 4 letters and more? ******* useless. If I search red gtr it doesn't work ******* useless
                              I wanted to say something like this but with less *'s lol
                              1991 Black GTR

Comment

Working...
                              X