No announcement yet.

GTRC in 2009.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a quick recap of 2009. (Automotive wise.)
    I enjoyed my stock and mint R33 GT-R V-Spec up until April 2009 when it got stolen.
    Bought a nice low mileage 1992 FD3S at the end of April to ease the pain of having my GT-R stolen.
    November 2009, my wife suggested that I stop wasting my money and time on the RX-7 since it isn't my true passion. After a few weeks of searching and a few test drives, I found my 1996 R33 GT-R from Zele- International, picked her up on time for the Nismo Festival.

My plans car wise in 2010 is simply make the car as mint and perfect as possible and mabe up the boost to 1 bar.

My cars:
    1996 BCNR33 GT-R
    1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

Originally posted by falcon View Post
      Water Injection is your friend
      Didn't he make 510awp on pump gas at like 1.8 bar and water meth?
      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
      lol

Comment

I don't see why he needed it at 1.8bar unless it was just to cool the intake charge? GTR's will make power all the way to 30PSI+ on pump. I figured he was upping the boost which is why I made the water comment. There are some guys running 50+PSI on rotaries with just water and pump gas in NZ. But if he's still staying < 30PSI there is no point to run water. Water reduces knock and EGT, that's it. Some people will run meth or alky at lower boost to lower the intake temp, that will squeeze a bit of extra power out of a lower boost number.

Curtis, what are you specs anyways? I don't think I've ever read them... boost, power at that boost level etc?

But for me in GTRC in 2009... I built an engine, blew up and engine and started all over again.

Goals for 2010? 400+WHP. One day, it will come. And when it does, it will be glorious.

TROL

Comment

[QUOTE=NismoS-tune;471241]So you're moving into race gas then? you must be at the pump limit (unless you're in japan cause they can make more power on pump gas there it seems).[/QUOTE

94 oct + water/meth = loads of power w/no det and i still have room for a more aggressive tune. AFR high 10's through the power band and injectors at around 80% @ 27psi.

Water/meth is your friend

Your right on the money Falcon!

Comment

I'm running nismo intank pump, 750cc injectors, stock fuel rail, aeromotive FPR, -5 turbos, tomei manifolds & dumps, stock intake mani w/twin water meth injectors, AEM water meth kit, loads more ask if you wanna know but at 26.6psi i made 510awhp & 443ft-lbs, full boost by 4800-4900rpm... we did push the boost higher to 29psi but didnt see enough gains to warrant keeping it there. RG's mustang dyno is a lot different then a dynapak style dyno if you ask anyone thats been on one they'll tell you the heart breaker does just that.

Comment

I wrote beside the numbers very faint...

Same as the first with boost... at peak it was 26.6psi

Comment

Put 25000 km onto the car in 2010 and keep the bitch running smoothly while I save enough to have a down payment on a house set aside.

2009 was a toughie.

Comment

2009 memories

-400.2 hp

-2009 Skywest meet!!!! I'll be at the 2010 Skywest meet for sure

-mid 500 hp or higher Full-Race.com sponsored GTR
                  -custom made 4" ti exhaust by me
                  -custom made ti intake and charge pipes by me

-I would like to see a low 11 second pass...maybe a 10.9
                  Full-Race sponsored GTR. Anything else is half fast!

Full-Race.com

Comment

Originally posted by curtisgoodman View Post
                    So you're moving into race gas then? you must be at the pump limit (unless you're in japan cause they can make more power on pump gas there it seems).[/QUOTE

94 oct + water/meth = loads of power w/no det and i still have room for a more aggressive tune. AFR high 10's through the power band and injectors at around 80% @ 27psi.

Water/meth is your friend

Your right on the money Falcon!
                    Hey, are you running a 2d or 3d system (RPM/load based or a single CC based on a PSI number)? What system are you using? I am shopping around right now and b/w the coolingmist and rice racing kit from AUS.

TROL

Comment

"a boost-dependent, variable-flow progressive controller system" says the website

AEM 1 Gal kit with the nozzle kit...

edit: i think theres a map sensor in the intake plenum to detect pressure then on the controller i can set at what pressure the meth is to kick in (starts at 10psi). we just tuned them together on the dyno.

Comment

2009 marked the beggining end of the JDM scene in montreal and Quebec. All I can say about 2009 is that it left me with a bitter in my mouth and I don't have much hope for the future.

especially after the totaly biassed study that came out mid december that states that you have 140% more chances of being in an accident with a RHD car... when they don't specify wether the car responsable for the accident was the RHD car or not... as well as other bad points...

I'm still going to do my GT3076R turbo swap during the course of the next year

but I'll probably convert my car to a track only beast.

SAD: the R33 GT-Rs were coming out

and I've heard on the news today that the minister of environnement of Quebec is going to oblige the car manufactures to comply with emission laws as stringent as California for new cars and light trucks sold as early as mid January 2010..

I really can't take this **** no more.

oh as well as a .05g/L alcohol limit. you'll only be fined and your car will be impounded for 24 hours, but no criminal record nor points of your licence.

anyways: police state: check
                        mommy state: check

soon the GTFO of here: likely
                        Marc-André
                        _________
                        2.2L RB20 GTS-T
                        ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

come to BC or Alberta...thats harsh to hear...really sucks that they act this way over there..im hoping this doesnt happen over on the westcoast or ill be moving to japan!!! lol

RHD 4 lyfe

Comment

Yeah, That really is stupid. I mean, i could understand if they wanted to do it after a year of PROPER testing, studies, research and whatnot.

But banning something based on inaccurate information in absolutely absurd.

Whether or not the ban carries over to other provinces, I would still like to go to Japan for a few years
                            sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
                            ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

2009 was a good year for me i got my first skyline something that ive wanted to a long time.

my goals for next year is to attend some meets and work on my car as much as i can (make it faster!!!) and learn in the process

Comment

Originally posted by klys View Post
                                2009 marked the beggining end of the JDM scene in montreal and Quebec. All I can say about 2009 is that it left me with a bitter in my mouth and I don't have much hope for the future.

especially after the totaly biassed study that came out mid december that states that you have 140% more chances of being in an accident with a RHD car... when they don't specify wether the car responsable for the accident was the RHD car or not... as well as other bad points...

I'm still going to do my GT3076R turbo swap during the course of the next year

but I'll probably convert my car to a track only beast.

SAD: the R33 GT-Rs were coming out

and I've heard on the news today that the minister of environnement of Quebec is going to oblige the car manufactures to comply with emission laws as stringent as California for new cars and light trucks sold as early as mid January 2010..

I really can't take this **** no more.

oh as well as a .05g/L alcohol limit. you'll only be fined and your car will be impounded for 24 hours, but no criminal record nor points of your licence.

anyways: police state: check
                                mommy state: check

soon the GTFO of here: likely

Come out west. You'll like it.

TROL

Comment

Working...
                                X