No announcement yet.

How bad are ROTA Wheels ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W/e just rock them and wear a seatbelt... what's the worst that can happen? haha

EDIT: Be our guinea pig.
    DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

They're fine to use and you save money unlike dummies like me who like the big names. We'll all laugh and know they're knockers but deep down inside, you'd be the winner with the extra cash to go to your next HID kit or bling shifter boot
      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
      lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
        They're fine to use and you save money unlike dummies like me who like the big names. We'll all laugh and know they're knockers but deep down inside, you'd be the winner with the extra cash to go to your next HID kit or bling shifter boot
        I sure hope that wasn't meant for me.....

Comment

Originally posted by JD74 View Post
          I sure hope that wasn't meant for me.....
          Nah bro, not for you, just a general thing. You're looking for a temporary set while your bad ass set gets the face lift so it's ok as a temp "spare". Anyways, you're in the "spare no expense" and kickass ride club with your build or you will be by the end
          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Comparing Rota's to Rays?

What is this world coming to?
            Full-Race sponsored GTR. Anything else is half fast!

Full-Race.com

Comment

...Anyways, you're in the "spare no expense" and kickass ride club with your build....
              No way.....that makes me sound like a 'Cheque Book Tuner'.....
              I am still trying to do this as cheap as possible and I put THOUGHT into EVERY part I have bought so far for my build....not just 'bandwagoned' it.

I am just being smart about it and not spending more than I have to in order to get the 'same effect' or similar, compared to a Big-Name-Brand-Part-Built Car.

Even though I have spent thousands....I have in the end, SAVED thousands compared to what other people are spending.

As you will notice in my build thread, I strayed away from the 'JDM Bandwagon' as much as possible and bought the best I could get for the money I was willing to spend.

I wasn't about to buy EVERYTHING from 1 manufacturer, because lets' face it - NO ONE does EVERYTHING perfect, or cost effectively for that matter.

At the Level of Parts I am going to be using, everything is TOP Quality, some stuff is just OVER PRICED.....

For instance:
              - Greddy Timing Belt & Cam Gears ? they were the cheapest.
              - Tomei ProCams, Lifters, Studs ? they were the cheapest.
              - US Made Stainless and Titanium Valvetrain ? ....the cheapest.
              - US Made (NOT Chineese Re-finished) Rods/Pistons ? .....the cheapest ?

To further explain:
              - Tomei Cam Gears and Timing Belt were too expensive.
              - Tomei Cams and Lifters, Studs were the BEST deal of the JDM brands.
              - Manley Valvetrain is NHRA RACE PROVEN sh1t.....
              - Manley Rods and CP Pistons (apprx $2000 USD combined) are better than I could get in a JDM namebrand for even close to that price....and POWER/RACE PROVEN parts.

Anyways, you get the idea.

I hate wasting money, yet, I find myself doing it all the time.....

It's the principal.....purely principal.
              Allan.

Comment

Bang for buck.

I still wouldn't use rota's. Too many broken ones running around on the internet. Even if they were to have a similar break/person ratio that's just scary.

Comment

again this is just like saying all RHD cars causes more accident.

Is it a proven fact?

Of course you cannot compare Rotas with Rays as Rays spends more time on testing their wheels.

For daily use and such they are not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by flipridah17 View Post
                    again this is just like saying all RHD cars causes more accident.

Is it a proven fact?
                    yes they are more dangerous to drive

Comment

That maybe true mcfly, but I thought its the driver's fault for causing the accident in the first place and not the car or its orientation.

Cheers!

Comment

The driver is already at a disadvantage in a rhd car to begin with.

Comment

good enough that you can buy them, and i can buy your old wheels. i will seriously buy them from you allan.

Comment

As you know, I have p45rs, like them, and have turned all 500 hp loose on them and they never came apart.. Having said that, with the pictures on the internet I would think twice about tracking them. But, as I recall the pictures of the failed rotas were the thin spoke version as opposed to the p45rs..

Comment

How are tomei procams and lifters cheaper than greddy easy cams that don't need those lifters?

But you're right, most are good deals.
                              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

How are tomei procams and lifters cheaper than greddy easy cams that don't need those lifters?
                                You summarized it right there.....
                                .....and You are not comparing Apples to Apples.....

That's like you trying to justify why an RB20 is cheaper than an RB26 when they are both Nissan Motors......

Compare Tomei ProCams to Greddy Procams .......and...... Tomei PonCams to Greddy EasyCams.......

Tomei are a better deal all around.

Have you been drinking again ?

Comment

Working...
                                X