coilover suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coilover suspension

now we all know the big brands...tein, hks, JIC, ect... ..but are the cheaper coilovers just as good?...im tlaking tanabe, ksport ..... when it comes to car parts, is more expensive better?...
    life is tough...wear a helmet

I am in same situation as yours. Tough call really but spending couple of thousand dollars on just the coilovers is hard to digest for me. So am going with Megan Racing for my GTR. I have heard some good things about them. They can't be any worst then a 15 years old OEM suspension.

Comment

You get what you pay for. Buying cheap is fine. If they break a few years down the road, they should be easy to replace again or repair. In the end, they may cost more but they're good for guys that can't afford the real ones.
      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
      lol

Comment

Hey, have you herd of k-sport coilovers? They are amazing. I think probably one of the best in the market. And they go for around 1200$sih. The only retailer I know is calgary autoworks in calgary. But def check them out. Its got damp andjust too

-Manny
        If you're not first you're last

Comment

^ lol at K-sport. They are the best junk imo.

Cheap coilover doesn't mean it'll break easier (although they do), the thing about them is that they have very poor damping. They don't have wide range of adjustability.

Check out the other coilover coilover thread on the OT section as there are some suggestions.
          Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

I went for a proven setup on my Skyline. Bilstein was it, set lap record at Nurburgring when installed on a R35GTR. Seen evidence of a EVO achieve very quick laptimes on Bilsteins. Bilsteins are stock equipment on Supra's and makes the car very quick on racetrack with mild mods (spring upgrade, basic boost up to 400hp, etc). Also Bilstein's are stock equipment on Subaru station wagons (Bilstein logo on back of car).

Bilstein = Made in Germany, so high quality.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by C-unit View Post
              ^ lol at K-sport. They are the best junk imo.

Cheap coilover doesn't mean it'll break easier (although they do), the thing about them is that they have very poor damping. They don't have wide range of adjustability.

Check out the other coilover coilover thread on the OT section as there are some suggestions.
              What's wrong with the k-sport? I think they're great!
              If you're not first you're last

Comment

very poor damping reflected bouncy ride. heavy, poor meterials...needs to go on more??
                Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

I've heard good things about PBM (powered by max) and D-Max. When I finally get some money saved up I'll be picking up one of those brands. D-Max has a few sponsored D1 cars in Japan, and PBM has a few sponsored drift cars in the states. They retail for around 1000 US for a set for the R32.

Also, PBM is having a group buy for their coilovers on Zilvia I think.
                  Looking for cheap parts? supguyex (Jon) is parting out his car. Good prices, good guy.

Comment

Working...
                  X