rhd japan reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhd japan reviews?

hey, first off in no way am i trying to start **** or bash rhd japan. I want a couple of parts and it seems like they are one of the few people that can get what I'm looking for. However I've tried emailing them, I've tried PMing, I've tried just posting in there section and no one ever responds. Just wondering if anyone else has bought anything else from them and maybe if they could post a bit of there personal experience before I just hit the checkout button and never see my parts or money again...
    -Pat B R33 GTR-

Many of their parts are considered "Gray Market" because they are not authorized to actually sell "brand-x" in Canada.

If you ever need support, warranty or sometimes English instructions I would support an authorized dealer, distributor, or vendor!

Their isn't much we (Canadian Shops) cant get for you!
    -Ryan
    ryan@VEXperformance.com
    Toll Free: 1.855.VEX.PERF Local: 403.243.1111

Authorized Canadian Dealer / Distributor / Tuner for:
    Haltech Engine management Systems
    OS Giken
    TiAL Sport
    Garrett Turbochargers
    Tomei
    Motul
    Nismo
    Rally Armor
    COBB

Comment

before they completely overhauled the website, it was much simpler

i emailed them a couple times back then and always got a reply within 2 days

and now, for some reason, their price doesn't include shipping cost like before, you have to wait till the end of the checkout

and on my last order, total was ~1350 for 8 parts in a big ass 12 cubic feet box, minus a 120$ discount for multiple parts, but when purolator got to my door, i still had 98$ of brokage,etc fees to pay

but,i have to give them this too, on each of my 5 orders, i got my parts (from tokyo) within a week
      sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

^^

Haven't had a problem with them. I haven't used their new site yet though.

Correspondence was quick when I ordered, and I received my stuff within a week (shipping was free on my order too).

I didn't have any brokerage fees/duties to pay when it arrived.

They have also just dropped their shipping charges from what I've read. Their prices are usually pretty good, and I think they do price match on anything out of Japan.
        R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Well first and formost I need a rb26dett tps sensor, I've tried through my local dealer and not suprisingly they can't get it. RHD japan is the only place I can find them for sale, but because of the customer service so far I'm not opposed to buying elsewheres.
          -Pat B R33 GTR-

Comment

Adam (FEAST) can hook you up with OEM stuff if you need it.
            Not saying you should/shouldn't go with RHD Japan, just saying that you have other options!
            Race. Win. Live.

Comment

cool, i pmed him.
              -Pat B R33 GTR-

Comment

I used RHD Japan for a few small parts when I first got my Skyline. I never had a problem with them and shipping was fast as stated above. Since then I've been using Adam just because it's a bit more personal. He gives his opinion as well and sometimes recommends things that you hadn't thought of. Good luck!
                89 Nissan Skyline GTS-T (Sold)
                98 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT (Sold)
                2013 Toyota Venza V6 AWD Touring
                1976 Datsun 280Z

Comment

cool, well i look forward to doing buisness with him then!
                  -Pat B R33 GTR-

Comment

i've had no problems with RHD japan, just use the contact links on their page and you should get a reply (check your junk mail if your filter settings are higher).

adam has been great for getting parts for me, but i will say that the one time i had a problem with my parts he seemed to duck away from the problem and wouldn't reply to my messages. (center caps not matching rims)

Comment

I've always received my parts in a timely manner but I did try their Japanese auction site and got dinged with extra customs charges after I already paid for them. Yes they are expensive but they have always had what I needed but not I just buy from Daryl.
                      More POWAH=More PWNAGE!

"The tires are spinning like crazy so the car is highly motivated"

Comment

i got some parts and had a good experience and they also arrived in about a week. They won't screw you man
                        Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

some exhaust parts i ordered from them (dmax downpipe + jic test pipe) took about 50 days to arive. No biggy, really, though it sucks ass to pay for something then have to wait so long for it to arrive!

Comment

ordered an L-jetro power FC from them , paid for it , then found they didn't actually have one and that it could take up to " 6-8 weeks' to get one in. 4 & 1/2 months later i still was waiting and went through lotsa **** to get my money back.

Moral? Confirm stock before purchasing.

nick

Comment

^^

regarding that..

when i made my last order (1300$+) i ordered the greddy front roll center adjusters,
                              then 2 days later i got an email from their storehouse saying it was out of stock AND discontinued

so i dealed with customer support to only pay 1/2 the difference for the only available equivalent part, since they couldn't deliver the one i had bought, which was the moonface unit worth ~100$ more,
                              so i sent them an extra ~50$, and 4 days later i had my box!
                              sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Working...
                              X