Anyone into R/C?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone into R/C?

Pretty much as the title states, if your into anything R/C post up some pics. Right now I have an Extra 260 plane and a TB03D drift car. I run spektrum receivers on both of them.

R32 Drifter Thing is insanely fun... tricky enough for me to wanna master it but easy enough that I don't wanna kill myself.

Picture of plane in flight. Nice Easy flyer

HeroCam Vid POV

I also have a T-rex 450 heli, but its way to expensive to keep going. Anyways post up some R/C!
    Last edited by hozer; 08-18-2010, 02:31 PM.
    Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
    hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Count me in, I have a bunch of micro helis, a 450 heli I just finished building, I had a parkzone t-28, sold it and built a profile foamy. Also have a revo that I converted to electric and my dad has a savage xl.

I will post up some pictures later.
    BNR32- Sold
    1998 Evolution V

Comment

I did it for years. Airplanes, cars, then back to planes again. I still couldn't convert to electric altough I know there are so many advantages. There's just something about nitro!
      I love the onboard vid!
      BTW... that wasn't a take off... that was lucky!

Comment

The plane I sold

Revo platinum converted to electric on 4s
        BNR32- Sold
        1998 Evolution V

Comment

i have a revo 3.3 but looking to get a electric drift car whats a decent car to look at and hozer i love your skyline rc i wanna make a replica of my skyline
          Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
            BTW... that wasn't a take off... that was lucky!
            Hahaha Yeah the herocam added some extra weight that I really didn't budget for lol.

Originally posted by foxracingcanada004 View Post
            i have a revo 3.3 but looking to get a electric drift car whats a decent car to look at and hozer i love your skyline rc i wanna make a replica of my skyline
            tamiya TT01D is a great starter and you can get a ready to run for about 300$
            mine is the TT03D, little more advanced and you gotta build it from scratch.
            Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
            hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

I used to be into RC until it to waaaaaaay to exp for me lol. I started out TL-01 to understand the basics, learn so on. Then got a starter nitro car, I cant remember what it was but it hit like 75 mph. I thought I could handle buuuuuuut of-course I couldn't and crashed the hell out of it lol. Then i got a Yokomo MR4TC with a brush-less motor. Then went to offroad with a HPI hellfire, that thing knew how to take a beating WOW. Then sold that and got a nice nitro buggy for racing lol. THAT was fun, it was fast, handled amazing, and was built tough. After that I sold everything and lost interest. Thinking about getting back into it bbbbbbbut financial situation dictates otherwise.
              1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

Comment

I have a Hpi wheely king that I did a ground up crawler build of a few years ago. Custom chassis, control arms, axle mounted servo, transmission and motor mounts were modified, Integy lathe 65t brushed (would love to go brushless but can't justify the cost), Hitec HS-645MG servo. I recently altered the control arms again, and it now needs a drive-shaft. I don't like where the crawler scene has gone though. When I first got into it there were NO over the shelf kits. Every truck was custom built, and meets were really cool as every truck was entirely different from the next.

I also have a tt-01 with an r34 body that I picked up for next to nothing, made some plumbers piping drift tires for it, but it still remains un-modified.

Comment

I've had 2 nitro RCs, first one was a stock HPI Nitro RS4 18ss, bought it used, nothing but problems with it, got tired of it and sold it years ago when I bought my 240.

Started to miss it, so I bought a practically new HPI RS4 Nitro 3 Evo+ off of pmdawg in April, been running it ever since, pretty much stock other than an intake, tuned pipe, glow plug and sports tires. So much faster than my old RS4, took me a while to get used to it again. It's been through some rough times due to crashes/harsh use/wear and tear, so far I've replaced: 1 shock (cracked), 1 spring (bent), 2 shock mounts (snapped), pinion (shredded), 1st transmission gear (tore 7 teeth off after a pebble got scooped up and stuck inside the gearbox), clutch (wear and tear), brake disk (wear and tear, heavy on the brake), 2 axles (snapped twice on the right side), tuned pipe (cracked by hitting a curb sideways), set of tires (absolutely gone, look like slicks now LOL), exhaust studs (replaced 6 times, some snapped, some came loose even after hi-strength loctite).

I don't know why but this car eats exhaust gaskets and glow plugs like nothing, been using OS #8s on it, but I think I should switch back to the HPI g/p's, something's wonky with these OS ones and the engine doesn't like it. Anyone have any suggestions?

All in all the car is well taken care of though, fog the cylinder after every use, axles and axle cups greased before every use, always clean and well maintained, filter is washed before every use, tune the carb every few uses with an infrared thermo to HPI spec. Still has excellent compression after a whole jug of 20%. I'm really loving this R/C, but lately I haven't had the time .

I'll post pics in a bit, only body I have is the GReddy 350Z and put the drift spares on for now.
                    1992 NISSAN 240SX - RB20DET POWER
                    1990 NISSAN 300ZX - 2+2

Comment

i am looking to get a tt01 for cheap anyone know where i can pick one up
                      Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

rctech.net has a big marketplace
                        BNR32- Sold
                        1998 Evolution V

Comment

Working...
                        X