Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trading my Mitsu's for a GTR? Im in a pickle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading my Mitsu's for a GTR? Im in a pickle...

I am at a crossroads with my current project. I have a 91 Galant VR4 thats caged and was going to be a potential road race/time attack car. Prebadged. Super nice coilovers... Low miles and super clean.
    I also have a 91 Eclipse GSX thats built to the hilt. Coilovers, Built motor, 35r all the trimmings, low miles and clean. Rare color, yadda yadda yadda.

I have just lost interest in the community, and the projects all together.

In my wildest dreams, I would find someone who would want to trade an R32 GTR for both my cars.

Not sure what to do here. I was bumbling around work all day saturday pondering what to do... Jumped on this site and now I am beyond stuck.

Persuade me GTR owners.

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but i highly doubt someone will risk the customs attention, also losing their gtr for a pair of usdms
    Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

why would the GTR owner have to be the one dealing with customs? your post doesn't even make sense oakville. Buyer of vehicle deals with customs. seller usually does not.
      1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
      2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
      2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by Terrh View Post
        why would the GTR owner have to be the one dealing with customs? your post doesn't even make sense oakville. Buyer of vehicle deals with customs. seller usually does not.
        what about bringing the 2 US DSMs over to canada, HEH?
        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Sell cars, move to canada, acquire gtr.

Easiest way to do it.
          BNR32- Sold
          1998 Evolution V

Comment

well if ur decising whether you wanna leave mitsu or not....DO IT

Traded my 06 ralliart to someone here in canada for a 92 gtst, best decision of my life!

Getting it over the border might be a diff story though!
            Originally posted by Paradis
            ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

Originally posted by Tony-R32 View Post

Traded my 06 ralliart to someone here in canada for a 92 gtst, best decision of my life!
              a bit different from VR4 gallant and built motor GSX lol.

But yeah, do it. Oakville, stop being all GTR-elitist; these are 20 yr old used-to bes.

Comment

^^^ The GTR isn't as much Godzilla anymore as it's just a dinosaur.^^^ That being said for a 10-15K car it is an exceptional performer and a great driving car.
                I've been sceptical of all the hype since I bought mine. I've gotta say, they really are a great car for the money and for being 20 yrs old.

Motoring Au. said in a review of the R32 GTR "The GTR is measurably superior to the BMW M-5, Porsche 954, Ferrarri Testarossa, and the Honda NSX."

I may have the BMW & Porsche models incorrect buy you get the idea.

That's my 2 cents.

Comment

Mmm 1g eclipse...I miss the dsm fever
                  I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post
                    a bit different from VR4 gallant and built motor GSX lol.
                    Did i say it was the same thing?

What i was trying to imply was switching over to nissan from mitsu was a good choice imo.

Just because his has a built 4g63 doesn't mean anything, a mitsu is still a mitsu, there are tons of them on the road, the parts are just as hard to find/ expensive as skyline parts (if not more) and in his case, the older gsx's have a brutal reputation for breaking down.

Even if i had a gen 1-3 evo which are one of my fav cars, i would probably have still traded for my skyline... I was just trying to express my opinion that switching from mitsu to nissan was a good choice.

My post isn't to snap back at you or start beef, i just got the feeling you were implying that because my mitsubishi wasn't as good as his my advice didn't mean anything.
                    Originally posted by Paradis
                    ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

Working...
                    X