Anyone else using Netflix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else using Netflix?

So i recently just signed up for netflix through x-box live and before I did, I was a bit worried about it. Lots of friends/ people told me it was garbage and there were no new or good movies on it.

After using it for several days, I can honestly say I love it! There is a pretty big selection of movies (watched "the human centipede" which was eff'd up!), and even if they aren't the most recent, the selection of tv seires ir pretty awesome...i've been watching season 12 of Top Gear for the last couple days which i wouldn't normally get on tv here.

And after all, for 8 bucks a month it's a steal, the GF and I rent at least 2 movies a month which is your 8 dollars right there, and no hassle of 2 trips to blockbuster.

Who else is using nextflix, and what are your guys opinions on it?
    Originally posted by Paradis
    ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

I use it and as a matter of fact thanks to this post I just finished watching human centipede at 430 am loll

Comment

human centepide is fuckeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddd up...but ya i love netflixxx...seriously.

Comment

hated it i thought you could watch new release movies
        Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Streaming in full HD is a bandwith monger though. Netflix is not the best for those with limited bandwith per month.
          R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

My co-worker uses NETFLIX but the US version. They sourced out a company online that rents out US IP addresses so they can be signed up with the US netflix. The main reason is that the US one has far more selections in shows / movies than the canadian version.

Looking into this as well as I too rent alot of movies.

Comment

I just use the CDN version. Too handy having it on all my devices. Content is getting better (Top Gear is on it now - quite a few seasons to catch up on!) Well worth the 8 bucks right there. Let alone that series River Monsters.
              93 R33 GTST - DD
              97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
              2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

good feedback guys! Using a US ip address is a good idea, i know people who do that kind of stuff.

I'm just gonna hold out thought because i heard that once the trial is over/ a little further down the line you'll be able to get new releases.

One of my other favorite parts of it is it's got a good selection of those movies that you "never got around to seeing" and slipped through the cracks.
                Originally posted by Paradis
                ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

I have it and use it on my PS3 on the big home theatre projection screen. I love it. Just being able to watch Top Gear in hiher resolution is worth it already. Movie choices are limited but not lame. I finally watched Jennifer's Body, which I would never shell out rental money for lol.

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

I have had it since it launched in Canada..

the selection of new stuff is limited.. but the old stuff is great..

I love history channel, stuff or movies that i would never bother to watch..

and i share it with my parents, my sister and brother and law, and 3 buddys.. so 6 of us use it,

thats $1.30 a month.. LoL.
                    Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Always thought about getting it. But never really heard anything about it. JZ how do you get it on the PS3?
                      Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

There's a icon for netflix under the video category on ur ps3 if not update to latest software and you will get the icon

Comment

Ps3/360/iPhone/iPad/Computer/Wii (i think) - it makes it handy (plus I can finally use my 360 remote).
                          93 R33 GTST - DD
                          97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
                          2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

when i originally signed up i thought it was newer movies
                            but have been pleasantly surprised by whats on there
                            lots of great tv ,older movies and documentaries
                            understeer -is when you go off the road and see the tree that kills you
                            oversteer-is when you go off the road backwards and dont see the tree that kills you

Comment

i've got the US version so i'm sure some of the movies you can stream instantly are different, but the instant watch feature is the single best thing to happen to mankind since sliced bread. since i can watch them instantly and "free" with the click of a button i end up watching a crapload of non-hit movies that i would never pick pay for at blockbuster. and some of those movies are the bomb.
                              I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

Working...
                              X