Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Job in Vancouver or Area

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RHDskyline
    replied
    I knew it sounded wrong when i first typed it. But do i care. mmm, not really. You need to stop hating on me Mike.


    Allen. Your listing all these places. I don't know my way around bc. I haven't been to bc in 4 years and that was like kamloops. haha

    Thank you for all the input though. I will def keep a lot of what you and others are saying. For right now. Im staying with my brothers. Just getting used to the area, looking around and ****. My brother said i can work for him if work stays steady. But i am in no way relying on that. Im keeping all my options open.


    thats what im looking forward to as well is the driving season. I hate parking my skyline in the winter and then bringing it out again in the spring. Cause i always have to find a winter vehicle

    How many tracks are in the vancouver area. Like within 4 hours or so?

    Leave a comment:


  • jdms13rhd
    replied
    The chevron across the street from me is hiring night shift guys. Sure there are several other jobs like that. if you really need to, you can fall onto something like that to get you by.

    When i was looking for a place to buy, My GF and I and help from her dad, we literly went and seen over 120 condos in the lower main land. I found that coquitlam>west is a rip off. i didnt want to bother going into pit meadows cuz the closer west I was the better for what I am doing but Port Coquitlam> east its pretty affordable. Lots of places to rent for not much more pr month than what you would have to pay in Lethbridge. Maple Ridge is very accommodating.

    If you need a few days to look around in my area (poco) I can rent you my guest suite for $15 a night, which is a hotel room. I guarantee, if you look for a few days, you could line up an affordable place to stay and a temp job to start you off easy enough. I've had a friend go through 3 places since I been here and she is just picky. With all the places in coq and poco she was looking at, I know there are some affordable places here too. If you find a buddy to go with you and do the same then your set. Plus, pit meadows has the drivers training center that lots of car clubs hold their autoX's and the closer east you go the closer you are gonna be to mission raceway/rivers edge and that track alone could keep you happy for a year. UCBSCC has been holding solo events in pitts this winter too. They just had one today I think. So much different than Alberta. During the months here from Feb-Oct you can find a club holding an event pretty much every weekend (here). So from how much fun you had at sunday funday, living between POCO and Mission would keep you as happy as a pig in shi*. rather than Albertas 6 month driving season. And Ice racing here is closer than making the trip up to lacklabish, Ab. Just from a motorsports look at things, Its 10X better here and the drifting is just gonna pick up every year. BC is more lax with it anyways.

    Leave a comment:


  • jdms13rhd
    replied
    HAHA. I was going to find a closet pic too :P ^^^

    Leave a comment:


  • M13
    replied
    Originally posted by RHDskyline View Post
    Oh MIke. Im coming out there. ANd im coming out HARD



    OH SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT


    Come out to Vancouver, I'm sure most of us aren't really saying it because we care for your financial/life choices, because that's yours to make.

    Maybe some people here just didn't want you out here hur hur hur.

    Leave a comment:


  • RHDskyline
    replied
    Its not like im going to hasting street just because. I was just wondering. People seem to make stuff sound worse then it actually is.


    Please. Anyone who is willing to take the time. Call me Nathan


    I plan on bringing my skateboard and hopefully picking up a bike for cheap.

    Im not into drugs of any sort. Never have been and don't plan on it. And that includes alcohol. yes. I don't drink.

    Im hoping that should save me some money as well. haha. Oh and the fact that im underage haha

    Im coming out. Hanging out with my brothers mainly. Its not like im moving everything i own. Im putting clothes, skateboard, guitar and tools in my car. And enduring on an adventure.

    I will always have a home back in lethbridge waiting for me if things go wrong. I just wanna see my brothers who i hardly ever seen growing up, hang out with my 2 buddies that are there. Drift my car in BC with my buddies. Meet new people.

    Leave a comment:


  • canadianjoker
    replied
    Originally posted by evilgtr View Post
    Darrenchua just summed it up perfectly. This thread should have ended there
    No it shouldn't end there...
    I have seen co-workers with the money is everything attitude burn them selves out doing so much overtime, they had no life, they were miserable all the time, it was pathetic to watch.

    There is a happy medium for every one, whether it be work lots and have lots of cash or work less and not have as much..
    Last year I made $10,000 then years previous because of the slump after the Olympics, and yet I had 10x the fun hanging out with friends, going down to WA to watch and photograph different drifting/racing events. Just because I didnt make as much money didnt mean I hated life...

    RHDskyline, come out, have fun and if you ever need anything give me a shout and I'll see if I can help out in any way.

    Josh.

    Leave a comment:


  • jdms13rhd
    replied
    Originally posted by Snow View Post
    Hastings is a **** hole for the couple blocks. Everything else is gravy. If you're seriously considering going to find yourself on Hastings there's only one thing I can do; Unsubscribe from this thread.
    true.
    Just west of skid row they do have a pot smokers cafe and pipe shop

    Leave a comment:


  • jdms13rhd
    replied
    Originally posted by RHDskyline View Post
    Oh MIke. Im coming out there. ANd im coming out HARD
    that didnt sound too great.

    On another side note of gas prices comment....Out here is not Alberta, meaning you dont need to drive across town to get anything. I have been using my skateboard and hardly need to drive anymore. I actually spend less than alberta with these prices and at least I can now get 94. Lethbridge didnt ever have it and only a few places in Calgary and Edmonton did.

    But if the US looses its status as worlds reserve currency, prices will be a lot more than whats posted above and Canada does not have any reserve oil! But if that happens, thats only one problem out of many that we will have to deal with. :P

    Leave a comment:


  • Snow
    replied
    Originally posted by RHDskyline View Post
    lol. A typical teenager wants to make a lot of money so they can buy all the **** they want. Is that the way i sound?

    Once again, why is money such a big deal. I know money makes the world go round. But it really doesn't have to. There are a lot more things more important to me than money. Trust, respect, honesty, truthfulness, caring, LOVE.
    There's no reason you can't have all of those things... And a decent paying job.

    Originally posted by RHDskyline View Post
    You always hear about hasting street and how bad it is and this and that. Then im reading online about and the people that live near the area or visit the area say it isn't that bad, and its no different then any other big city

    I read that hasting street is like 12kms long and the skidrow only runs like 2 kms, if that.

    can anyone comment on hasting street and maybe the crime in vancouver in general. Ill have my skyline. My skyline will be in bowen island. But im sure it will be in vancouver from time to time
    Hastings is a **** hole for the couple blocks. Everything else is gravy. If you're seriously considering going to find yourself on Hastings there's only one thing I can do; Unsubscribe from this thread.

    Leave a comment:


  • leeaspin
    replied
    I'll comment on hastings st....last time I was there it was quite an adventure...me and a friend were walking down looking at all the beautiful stores there and spending lots of money...and we come outside from a jewelery store and we hear a car alarm going off...and then another one..and then another one and we think wtf is goin on. Then we turn to our left and there is a friggin crack head ( stereotype he was probly just some idiot) going from car to car to car and so on trying to open each and every door on the car..It was quite funny watching the event go on and these undercover street cops came out of nowhere and tackled him haha.


    Anyways a lot of ppl make this street seem so horrible but really its awesome..

    its also fun drivin down with all the huge buildings and hitting boost..who doesnt love that sound!
    Last edited by leeaspin; 02-06-2011, 07:46 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • RHDskyline
    replied
    ON TOPIC.


    You always hear about hasting street and how bad it is and this and that. Then im reading online about and the people that live near the area or visit the area say it isn't that bad, and its no different then any other big city

    I read that hasting street is like 12kms long and the skidrow only runs like 2 kms, if that.

    can anyone comment on hasting street and maybe the crime in vancouver in general. Ill have my skyline. My skyline will be in bowen island. But im sure it will be in vancouver from time to time
    Last edited by RHDskyline; 02-06-2011, 07:39 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • RHDskyline
    replied
    Originally posted by M13 View Post
    OH BTW, our gas is gonna be 135/L for 87 octane this spring.


    It's already climbing and yesterday I saw 122/L for reg, so 94 was like 140/L

    COME OUT HERE!
    Oh MIke. Im coming out there. ANd im coming out HARD

    Leave a comment:


  • RHDskyline
    replied
    One day. Your life is going to flash in front of your eyes. Make it worth watching.


    This is what i want to do. Whether you agree or not, its not changing me. All i want is for people to do what they want.

    I don't dislike people in the oil field, cause they drive the economy,

    I don't dislike you for doing what your doing, cause there is a reason you are doing it.

    LET IT BE

    Leave a comment:


  • M13
    replied
    OH BTW, our gas is gonna be 135/L for 87 octane this spring.


    It's already climbing and yesterday I saw 122/L for reg, so 94 was like 140/L

    COME OUT HERE!

    Leave a comment:


  • evilgtr
    replied
    Darrenchua just summed it up perfectly. This thread should have ended there

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X