Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drew6 View Post
    Very interesting topic.

Actually, I think the future of space exploration will probably be privatized. Look up a company called SpaceX. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpaceX They have some crazy contracts already with the US gov and military.

I guess only time will tell.
    I agree that it will be privatized. There are already super rich people planning commercial trips to space and back. Should be in the next year or two. Didnt bother finding the link after writing so much, but for sure private. IMO private is better for space exploration as it would cost approx 1/3 that any gov organization would need to spend. There is just too much departmentalization.

Quick link if you guys want to research websites of guests on coats to coast. And dont bash coast to coast guys, they get 20 million people listening every morning. Sure soon enough in the next year coast will be ahead of Rush Limbaugh. Its really the head of alternative media.

Get news about the weird and bizarre on Coast to Coast AM from radio host George Noory every night!

And if you guys want to know more about world economics, i suggest you check out www.infowars.com. Alex Jones, pretty much has a handle on all current important subject other than space.
    Last edited by jdms13rhd; 02-27-2011, 04:29 AM.
    ALLEN PETERSEN
    Number (604) 961-2449
    4XTOYS/ Lower Mainland Skyline Service and aftermarket RB parts.
    RB30`s for sale!

Comment

You guys are talking about water on our moon and on Mars. I'm talking about project Orion, a feasible method of extreme high speed space travel using nuclear explosions as propulsion. An un-manned flight utilizing nuclear propulsion could achieve a speed of roughly 90% the speed of light. Obviously, to prevent a manned mission from gibbing everyone on board, they'd have to tone down the acceleration somewhat, down to around 1g constant acceleration. In other words: Man could realistically set foot on Pluto if project Orion came to be a reality.

Woah, man. Woah.

For additional, "woah man, woah", wiki search "Fate of the universe". Woah.
      Last edited by DreadedFist; 02-27-2011, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DreadedFist View Post
        You guys are talking about water on our moon and on Mars. I'm talking about project Orion, a feasible method of extreme high speed space travel using nuclear explosions as propulsion. An un-manned flight utilizing nuclear propulsion could achieve a speed of roughly 90% the speed of light. Obviously, to prevent a manned mission from gibbing everyone on board, they'd have to tone down the acceleration somewhat, down to around 1g constant acceleration. In other words: Man could realistically set foot on Pluto if project Orion came to be a reality.

Woah, man. Woah.

For additional, "woah man, woah", wiki search "Fate of the universe". Woah.
        I dont know if Man could use any sort of conventional technology to travel that far. There is too much radiation. Ive heard of Orion. Seen a lot of their vids. Their on to something for sure!

If you liked that, you should check out www.enterprisemission.com
        ALLEN PETERSEN
        Number (604) 961-2449
        4XTOYS/ Lower Mainland Skyline Service and aftermarket RB parts.
        RB30`s for sale!

Comment

Thanks jdms13rhd.

Look at what Discovery is transporting to the space station -

Robonaut 2 (first robot? in space).

Sounds like they are going to send a robot to the Moon when they have developed it enough.

Reminds me of the robots in Disney's The Black Hole movie -

The original trailer for the Disney movie 'The Black Hole'. In some ways the last of the old style effects movies and 'Studio' movies - this was created duri...

Disney's The Black Hole (1979) Ending -

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

One of the best Sci-Fi movies ever made with one of the best scores (music) that is just awesome. 2001 would be the other movie.
          Last edited by Skym; 02-27-2011, 06:03 AM.
          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
          X