Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The nerve of some people on this forum.....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how is he getting it for free dj already received the initial 100 from the op then fedex sent the insurance money to dj its liek saying you go buy a car from the seller pay him and you are one your way and say you get in a crash and you claim it and the car is a write off. so then the insurance company sends the money your supposed to receive for the loss to the guy you bought it from. so the buy has the money you paid him for the car and the money from the insurance company its not fair in anyway for the op
    Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

so let's make this straight...

he sold you the lip
      he got paid for what he wanted + shipping
      it arrived to you broken
      you claimed ins bc you were supposed to get it in the condition prior to shipping
      he received the ins money.

You need to get the ins money bc you are the buyer, and you have the right to do w/e you want w/ the item you recently purchased. The seller's done w/ this transaction the moment he ships the item off to the buyer after receiving a payment.

and all this... for something under 100bux...

Comment

^^ agreed! What a way to ruin your rep for small fee..

Comment

Originally posted by DJ View Post
          No need to get rowdy pal, you can keep yapping away if you would like but I told you I would send you the money.

Cheers
          Which money: his 100$ refund, or 200$ fedex insurance?
          When the sun goes down, RPMs go up !

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post

Today is 100$, tomorrow is 10 000$ for the car.
            When the sun goes down, RPMs go up !

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post

he sold you the lip
              he got paid for what he wanted + shipping
              it arrived to you broken
              you claimed ins bc you were supposed to get it in the condition prior to shipping
              he received the ins money.

You need to get the ins money bc you are the buyer, and you have the right to do w/e you want w/ the item you recently purchased. The seller's done w/ this transaction the moment he ships the item off to the buyer after receiving a payment.

Yup this is right 100% and thanks.
              1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

I know nothing about shipping.
                but,
                aN4rk1: make sure you aren't breaking any defamation or privacy laws here, because if you are, you've got a lot of evidence against you in your posts.
                Last edited by raijin-xiii; 03-07-2011, 09:45 AM.

Comment

This forum really seems to have hit a low point these past couple days... Everyone's ripping on our own members :S
                  Originally posted by kengeroo
                  that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                  ...don't drink and ebay
                  '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Interesting..
                    Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
                    www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
                    Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
                    Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

I don't even see why the OP is bitching at the seller here. The OP needs to go to FedEx and have the following conversation:

OP: I still haven't received my insurance pay out for my broken item.
                      FedEx: Oh... Well we show here that a cheque was issued to "DJ at ****** address."
                      OP: Well why would you do that...? He's the seller. He's already been paid. You ****** up.

At this point FedEx will either man up and apologize and reissue a cheque or they will tell you to collect it from DJ at which point OP tells them he isn't a collection agency and this isn't his problem.

Really this issue is not between the buyer and seller (however much the seller might be in the wrong). At the end of the day, FedEx ****** up and gave the money to the wrong person and they should have to rectify the situation. **** the rest.

Using the previous car example where you write it off on the way home... If ICBC paid out the previous owner I'd go to ICBC and get my money from them. If the seller got extra cash wicked... Guess it was his lucky day.
                      DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

Actually the insured is the person who paid fed-ex for the insured shipping , the recipient needs to return the defective item for refund.

The recipient has nothing to do with the shipment , he didnt ship it and as such is not fed-ex's client, therefore fedex will not enter into a claim with him.

To be honest I would have inspected the shipment , found it broken and refused shipment , we do this daily in my line of business.

Originally posted by Snow View Post
                        I don't even see why the OP is bitching at the seller here. The OP needs to go to FedEx and have the following conversation:

OP: I still haven't received my insurance pay out for my broken item.
                        FedEx: Oh... Well we show here that a cheque was issued to "DJ at ****** address."
                        OP: Well why would you do that...? He's the seller. He's already been paid. You ****** up.

At this point FedEx will either man up and apologize and reissue a cheque or they will tell you to collect it from DJ at which point OP tells them he isn't a collection agency and this isn't his problem.

Really this issue is not between the buyer and seller (however much the seller might be in the wrong). At the end of the day, FedEx ****** up and gave the money to the wrong person and they should have to rectify the situation. **** the rest.

Using the previous car example where you write it off on the way home... If ICBC paid out the previous owner I'd go to ICBC and get my money from them. If the seller got extra cash wicked... Guess it was his lucky day.

Comment

Originally posted by cortexx View Post
                          Actually the insured is the person who paid fed-ex for the insured shipping , the recipient needs to return the defective item for refund.

The recipient has nothing to do with the shipment , he didnt ship it and as such is not fed-ex's client, therefore fedex will not enter into a claim with him.

To be honest I would have inspected the shipment , found it broken and refused shipment , we do this daily in my line of business.
                          Correct.

I have never heard of the recipient been able to file a claim, the sender needs to do this.

As for the OP subject I will stay out of this one.
                          Last edited by JNS Performance; 03-07-2011, 01:09 AM.
                          2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
                          1969 Cooper S. Restored
                          1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

Cortexx is right! The seller bought the insurance, he should be the one receiving the claim! OP received the item damaged, first thing he should have done is send it back and request a full refund which is exactly what DJ is offering! OP is just upset that the insurance claim seems to be for more than the value of the purchased item and wants a piece of it too!

My cars:
                            1996 BCNR33 GT-R
                            1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

Honestly.

If the OP paid for the item and he got it. He paid for it. It is his. He can either throw it off a cliff, or sell if for triple times the amount. HE OWNS IT NOW. He can do whatever he wants. DJ received his asking price. He has money, OP has item. END OF STORY

Insurance problem is a whole different ball game.

If DJ purchased the insurance to protect the Item. that is exactly what it should do. Protect the item. If the product arrived damaged, he should offer a full refund. WHICH HE DID. The refund would only be the 100 dollars because that is what OP paid.

If the OP doesn't want to return the item, which he doesn't. I don't feel that the OP deserves all the money as he didn't pay for the insurance. DJ did.

OP. I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM. I agree with you 100 percent. But you have to look at it from an outsides perspective.

You paid for an item and got it shipped , knowing that it had the potential to get damaged. Its buyers beware.

The only thing i see wrong with this whole thing. Is that DJ said he would give the full 100 bucks and then he changed his mind later on (probably because he realized what was actually happening).

I would have taken the 60 and been happy cause that 60 should be more than enough to repair the item.

OP posted this on GTRC to get some outside opinions. Nothing wrong with that.

DJ needs to be a little more respectful and not say stuff like. I don't care if you post it on the internet. Just the whole i don't care attitude isn't very professional. You have a lot of stuff to sell dude, play nice.

Other than that. The whole situation over text was handled in a very good manner and i didn't see a problem at all.

Its not that GTRC members are turning to ****. Its just people are to quick to rush to conclusions.

This isn't ebay people. We are a family on here. Let us keep it that way. IF its too close knit for you. then you are free to leave
                              sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
                              ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

^^^best post so far.

You can really sense winter blahs/spring fever around here. Everyone needs to chillax. I think I've posted a comment along those lines almost annually over the last 7 years here.

Seems to me everyone got what they paid for. Should be end of story. I hope OP makes a bunch of cash knocking these out, and DJ continues his shopping and selling spree. GTRCers need both of them.

Hopefully 3 more weeks before the cars roll out and we can all have a collective primal scream to celebrate.

Cheers!

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Working...
                                X