Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY painting your car with rollers

DIY painting your car with rollers -

Paint job almost 4 years old (taken 15-1-2012): https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/diy-painting-your-car-rollers-13.76882/post-2084085 - See my post The Paintwork 27 Months On: The Paintwork 16 Months On: The Method: Firstly if you bag this method out saying it easier to...

Can't remember if I posted this, but wow.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

very nice thanks for sharing. I would love to do this. Id rather put my money in to upgrades

I wonder if I could get a paint shop to mix something close to Bayside Blue.
    Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

lol might do this for my new subie hood.

Comment

Might do this on my van. This is awesome!
        Originally posted by kengeroo
        that's what I thought when I opened the package..
        ...don't drink and ebay
        '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Yes! Thank you Skym for posting this...I'll definitely be doing some painting this summer and its nice to see an alternative. Though I'll prolly be picking up a spray gun and go that route first

Comment

wow, looks amazing for roller...might be one of those good from far but far from good type deals...

Comment

I'm trying to convince my roommate to do his rusting civic before it gets way out of hand... so far no luck. I might do my intrepid though
              Alex
              1991 Skyline GT-R
              2010 Ford Taurus SHO

Comment

With the amount of time you put into it... If you would consider your time worth $10/hr you'd still probably be better off getting it professionally done. But I guess if you have the time, and don't value your time that much at the margin, this could be for you.

Now painting a simple single piece (hood... bumper cover etc) it may be worth while.
                DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

Yeah thats what I was thinking, but I got a lot of time to spare atm. Plus anything will look better then the paint thats on it now.
                  Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

thats a wicked paint job with a roller...

Comment

Been doing this for years with primer/sealers and High Solids. Saves alot of bullsh1t. Alot of guys that I know will spray primer on outdoors (I used to as well) because you are just going to sand it down anyway, but the nice neighbourhood that I now live in would get their collective panties in a bunch if I started spraying highsolids in my driveway.

I don't think that you really need to sand between every coat, I would do 3 then hit it with 600, 3 more hit with 1000, 3 more then start the rub-out process. Rub out with wetsand 1000, then 1500, then 2000 then 3 stages of polish.

Hell, I would do base/clear. You could roll on the base (5 coats), sand it with 800 then take it to Maaco to have the clear sprayed on (full gallon). Then you can do the rub-out on the clear and it would look a mile deep. I call it "perma wet".......mmmm.......sounds dirty.

Jon.
                      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

I wonder if it looks any different up close in the light?

Comment

Working...
                        X