Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May have been scammed - What to do?? Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by falcon View Post
    HA! This is an absolute bull sh1t comment. Being an Admin on this site, I would expect you to have due diligence in having this taken care of. Every other forum I am on, if someone gets scammed the name goes public and unless the member rectifies the situation quickly, they are banned. Nice to see all you care about is collecting your advertising money and **** the members, right?

Post his info up. I don't know what's stopping you.
    You need to cool down a little. If I only cared about money then the site would be a lot different than it is now.

There are two sides to every story. Only one has been explained here. Look at other threads where finger pointing start going on, and the whole thread goes to hell with people bashing each other, other members passing judgments on situations they know nothing about etc.

In these cases I always encourage the members to resolve their situations off the board, between themselves. When the situation is resolved (either amicably or not) then they can post their experience, or provide a positive or negative feedback.

I think it's a bit premature to judge innocence or guilt before the situation has run it's course. Other forums may cater to those who enjoy getting confrontational, judgmental and causing drama, not this one.

And FYI, GTRC under my ownership has fully cooperated with official police investigations involving members on this board selling stolen parts, so please make sure you have all the facts before you judge me.

Please keep this thread clean and on topic or I will close it.
    Sign up for GTRC Premium Membership and get 2 of the new GT-R Canada stickers!
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/general-skyline-discussion/45662-gtrc-premium-membership.html#post437410

Comment

thats why feedback score exists on GTRC, check it before buying from someone
      sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Can we add a literacy test to the new member sign up?

Aside from this, constant stories of RHD ban, R34, 500hp GTR, etc are just driving us nuts.

Comment

Yeah, I've got to say this site is pretty laid back on that side of things. If you ask any retarded question on miataturbo.net you have to be prepared to be verbally raped and belittled by everyone, leading to 5 pages of off topic banter. It's awesome.

TROL

Comment

i remember the old days of gtrc when you bashed a paying sponsor of this site that f'ed you over. your thread was deleted, possible ban, etc,
            Chris

Comment

What does that have to do with anything? This is a member that is scamming people.

TROL

Comment

why doesn't the OP just post the scammer's account name and he can come defend it if he wants to.

That's the way it's always been done, not via moderation and censorship.

Look @ my thread on RHDJapan, he came and "defended" it, but really he was just digging a deeper hole. (because there was no case for him)

Comment

Hey guys,

First of all, the reason I started this topic is get advise on what I can do to get my money back. I didn't mean to stat such a rebate.
                  Second, I have no problems giving names but I want to give him the benefit of the doubt first... I really don't want anyone else to get scammed.

If he doesn't get back to me shortly I'm going to contact Visa and start a chargeback claim.

Comment

I wouldn't recommend visa, like i stated earlier, it took 3 months to get back money from them.

I gave air canada money, didn't use the flight so i got reimbursed for american taxes as i did not use the service, and after AC sent visa the money they look 3 months to "review" the situation and finally get me my money back.

Go through paypal, you did the transaction on paypal they will deal with it. Your credit card is only attached to paypal there for visa won't do anything/ can't do anything.
                    Originally posted by Paradis
                    ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

Paypal has no buyer protection for non ebay situations. Trust me on that... I've tried. If the package was shipped and arrived then you're out of luck.

Your best and really only chance unless the seller wants to man up is VISA. I've had to do it before and while it took a while I did end up getting my money back.

TROL

Comment

I stand corrected, thanks for the clarification falcon!
                        Originally posted by Paradis
                        ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

I can confirm what falcon just said. I did a bunch of reading up on last night. Paypal doesn't get involved until they get notice from visa that theres a chargeback. From what I read it appears that Paypal is actually the one who defends the buyer in these cases.

Great.

Comment

i dunno i had a prob with paypal..it was solved in 3 days

Comment

Originally posted by falcon View Post
                              Paypal has no buyer protection for non ebay situations. Trust me on that... I've tried. If the package was shipped and arrived then you're out of luck.

Your best and really only chance unless the seller wants to man up is VISA. I've had to do it before and while it took a while I did end up getting my money back.
                              Absolutely they have buyer protection in non-eBay situations, I've done 2 claims with them with non-eBay situations, and they were settled in a couple weeks.
                              RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                              http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                              1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Interesting. Because they didn't seem to want to do **** for me. They said since the package arrived that I was SOL. The product was broken, and Paypal said there is no way to prove that it was broken before being shipped. They said if I had purchased through Ebay or if the product had not ever arrived it would have been a different story.

I ended up disputing through VISA and got my money back.

TROL

Comment

Working...
                                X