Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Generation X Nostalgia thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tony-R32
    replied
    Did anyone else Read all of the Franklin Books, Bernstein Bears books, and the Little Critter books, I read them all!

    Leave a comment:


  • MarusGTR
    replied
    Originally posted by hozer View Post
    Somewhere in between Gen X and Y that became fail parents... It's teens now that are fail 95-96 babies probably the worst off. Remember that most of Gen Y didn't grow up with the internet...

    As for nostalgia... This was the absolute sh1t Creepy Crawlers FTW
    Oh sh*t what's the one that you could eat "guts" and "bugs" that you'd make yourself? I'd ration the "brains" mix packs cause they were my favs

    Leave a comment:


  • Oakville
    replied
    wheres the TVO kids lineup? we're missing the arthur representation

    Leave a comment:


  • NeptuneGTR
    replied






    Leave a comment:


  • Tony-R32
    replied
    omg creepy crawlers ftw!

    Leave a comment:


  • hozer
    replied
    Originally posted by TheyKilledKenny View Post
    Im not "Gen X" and quite happy not to be. I dont have much faith in them and blame them for the recession. Gen Xer's are the spoiled children of a post war generation who let television raise their children (Gen Y). Now we wonder why the world is so crappy, look at most peoples parents.
    Somewhere in between Gen X and Y that became fail parents... It's teens now that are fail 95-96 babies probably the worst off. Remember that most of Gen Y didn't grow up with the internet...

    As for nostalgia... This was the absolute sh1t Creepy Crawlers FTW
    Last edited by hozer; 03-20-2011, 03:05 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • TheyKilledKenny
    replied
    Im not "Gen X" and quite happy not to be. I dont have much faith in them and blame them for the recession. Gen Xer's are the spoiled children of a post war generation who let television raise their children (Gen Y). Now we wonder why the world is so crappy, look at most peoples parents.

    Leave a comment:


  • Shadao
    replied
    Originally posted by TheyKilledKenny View Post
    TV
    I liked most of the previously mentioned, but I watched alot of more "mature" shows aswell. X-Files, Seinfeld, Home improvement, Friends, Fresh prince, Family matters, Simpsons, Saved by the bell.

    ABC's TGIF line up's
    Xena, Hercules, StarTrek's, Frasier, Mr. Bean, He-Man were decent.

    Pinky and the brain & The Tick FTW
    I heard they might be making a Reboot movie.
    T-M-N-T was my fav though
    -------------------------------------
    Style

    Every other kid had Ross' from "Friends" caesar cut, and wore over sized low cut black leather boots.

    ----------------------------------------
    Movies
    Forest Gump, Arnie movies, Jurassic Park, Toy Story, Dumb & Dumber, Ace Ventura
    i wouldnt consider any of these titles to be even close to a gen-x'rs demographic of childhood nostalgia... well except he-man... especialy not frasier... since that show was a bland spin off of the epic "cheers" show where everybody knows your name

    Leave a comment:


  • Joker
    replied
    No one remembers M.A.S.K? lol



    Edit: Add Ren and Stimpy!


    Dukes of Hazard


    Knight Rider


    Air Wolf


    Despite the below, the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was Gen X


    Thunder Cats
    Last edited by Joker; 03-20-2011, 02:02 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • bellis_GTR
    replied
    Originally posted by Nexsys View Post
    Woooow I forgot about this one! Nice find!

    Leave a comment:


  • RABBIT
    replied
    Rebot mo fuckas!

    Leave a comment:


  • Nexsys
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Willis
    replied
    Originally posted by dah_hunter View Post
    Well, I was born in 81 (30 years old) and I still watched a lot of these shows. The thread is not that fail.

    Reboot was my favorite out of all posted. This thread is awesome, brings back a lot of memories.
    Last edited by Willis; 03-20-2011, 12:04 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • MarusGTR
    replied
    ^


    HALFTIME! *SLAM*

    Leave a comment:


  • TheyKilledKenny
    replied
    TV
    I liked most of the previously mentioned, but I watched alot of more "mature" shows aswell. X-Files, Seinfeld, Home improvement, Friends, Fresh prince, Family matters, Simpsons, Saved by the bell.

    ABC's TGIF line up's
    Xena, Hercules, StarTrek's, Frasier, Mr. Bean, He-Man were decent.

    Pinky and the brain & The Tick FTW
    I heard they might be making a Reboot movie.
    T-M-N-T was my fav though
    -------------------------------------
    Style

    Every other kid had Ross' from "Friends" caesar cut, and wore over sized low cut black leather boots.

    ----------------------------------------
    Movies
    Forest Gump, Arnie movies, Jurassic Park, Toy Story, Dumb & Dumber, Ace Ventura
    Last edited by TheyKilledKenny; 03-19-2011, 11:20 PM. Reason: GOLDENEYE!!!

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X