No announcement yet.

Anyone ever got their facebook hacked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever got their facebook hacked?

I'm freaking out.

Yesterday I was playing with my facebook account (profile picture etc) and I noticed a new addition to security settings where you could see current active login locations.

Turns out someone from Ontario (probably though a proxy) had been logged in my account since sept 9th. I promptly severed the connection.

While it's not the first time my account was hacked, this time it's pretty damn odd. No malicious posts on my wall, nothing was changed. I only have 90 friends and limited personal data so I have no clue why someone would hack my account. Also, since the previous hack I had used a hard password made up of symbols, not characters.

I don't expose myself to the internet, I run a tight ship.

Has any one of you ever got a random facebook hack?
    1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

havent had it happen to me, but where do we check this? i cant find it
    If you're not first you're last

Comment

Click the arrow next to "home" and go in account settings, security, active logins

My friend also thinks the situation is odd, it feels too much like it was a personal attack.
      1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

they track via ISP which can be deceiving, one login is from my house yet it says it's from a place 3 hours away, sometimes the IP tracking is off
        VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVViper!

Comment

^ Exactly.

My computer at home is connected to my ISP's servers in Montreal and it says that my facebook is logged in on Chrome in Montreal even though I live in Ottawa.

The easy way to tell if it's good or not is to check the "Device Type".

For me I know that "Chrome on Win7" is my comp at home, while "Mozilla, Android, etc" is my mobile device.

Right now I'm logged in at work in Ottawa and it says I'm routed through Toronto.

EDIT: If you are worried about security, I would suggest turning on the 2-step verification which requires an access code sent to your mobile in order to login. I think facebook calls it "login approval". Works like a secure token.
          Last edited by DarkCaporaL; 09-22-2011, 02:14 PM.
          R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

The only computer I've been connecting through is my laptop, which is Firefox on Win7. The Ontario connection was IE on WinVista, which means nothing if the guy was behind a proxy since they spoof the OS and navigator.
            1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

i know this might sound weird but do you play pro racer ?? ive been hacked 5 times because i play that app lol
              1990 Mazda Manyata (Turbo Miata 6psi 175whp 172wtq)
              1991 Nissan Skyline GTR (13.5psi estimate of 320whp)

Comment

don't play stupid games or install spam apps on fb.

ever notice why they ask you to go to "unsecured browswer"?

Comment

Actually since I'm not a social butterfly I just let multiple FB updates roll without taking care of accumulated apps. Turns out I had some that hadn't been used in 4-5 years. I deleted all of them and then tightened security by making logins on preset hardware/locations (my laptop).

Still, I would of expected some kind of obtrusive behavior, what was the point of just the hacker hanging around reading my boring wall posts?
                  1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

unless someone was spying on you? wanted to get personal info, emails, chats, stuff like that. i know a friend of mine had it happen to him.
                    1990 Mazda Manyata (Turbo Miata 6psi 175whp 172wtq)
                    1991 Nissan Skyline GTR (13.5psi estimate of 320whp)

Comment

I've got the same weird thing happening. Four logins, one mine, three from Toronto on WinXP (I'm running Vista, upgrading to 7). I haven't noticed anything odd happening. So I've kinda left it alone. I just end the session. Also, I've changed my password twice (to something totally random) yet those are still there. I'm not too, too worried.
                      Originally posted by kengeroo
                      that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                      ...don't drink and ebay
                      '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post
                        don't play stupid games or install spam apps on fb.

ever notice why they ask you to go to "unsecured browswer"?
                        But how will I be able to maintain my farm?

Comment

I was cool with Facebook until the local cops decided to go through it. After that I will never use it again. I deleted every single one of my photos friends and "likes". Straight up get rid of that **** its a total privacy invasion for anyone who knows their way around a computer.
                          Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

Check this out http://canadianawareness.org/2011/09...our-real-name/
                            I canz take this corner at 195k cause i gots AWDZ. Get real.

Comment

Huh... freaky. I'm pondering tell Facebook to shove it and going to Google+
                              Originally posted by kengeroo
                              that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                              ...don't drink and ebay
                              '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Working...
                              X