2006 Infiniti G35x or 2007 Lexus IS250 Awd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Infiniti G35x or 2007 Lexus IS250 Awd

My girlfriend and I are in the market for a new car for her. We looked at a couple other AWD cars including Audi A4's and BMW 330xi but the German cars tend to cost more so we are now narrowed down to two which is an 07 Lexus IS250 AWD and the other is a 2006 Infiniti G35x sedan.

Both are $16,000
    Both are 6-Speed
    Both are One owner
    Both are immaculate
    Both are black
    Both are fully loaded (including navi)
    Infiniti has 112,000km
    Lexus has 97,000km

Opinions? Thoughts? Everything is welcome.
    1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

BMW awd system is crap, especially on the older models. Audi is the best choice of the vehicles listed older model fwd are cheap and quattro arent bad for an awd euro. Being a Nissan fanboy im bias to G35x but the A4 is a better choice. Both the Infiniti G35 and A4 Quattro have their problems.

The G35x A/C belt tends to squeal or break because the compressor (and its pulley) goes out of alignment, Automatic transmission has a tendancy to engage slowly, shift rough and apparently they had recalls for the tranny control module because it would shift up and down into wrong gears. The non brembo brake calipers chatter when heated up, especially while reversing and need all the shims changed and upgraded brake pads. Cold starts are sometimes a problem, I remember some guy from Nissan dealership saying he needed to replace a module every other year cause of it.

Audi A4 im not too well knowledged about apart from the very common electrical issues they've always seemed to had.

Recap: Quattro > revised ATTESA

Lol sorry missed the other half. I dont know **** about camrys per se, but im sure the lexus would a much higher insurance price. It looks better, probably more reliable but if something goes I think its easier to work on the VG30DE.
    Last edited by Xeno-Vibe; 12-04-2011, 06:51 AM.
    Double track drift, yo.
    http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Lexus>Infiniti

thats accurately like asking what would make more logical sense to buy a Toyota or a Nissan.
      Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

If u plan on fixing the car yourself ever, the G has better online support such as forums. Also the G or "Skyline" has more aftermarket support.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeno-Vibe View Post
          BMW awd system is crap, especially on the older models. Audi is the best choice of the vehicles listed older model fwd are cheap and quattro arent bad for an awd euro. Being a Nissan fanboy im bias to G35x but the A4 is a better choice. Both the Infiniti G35 and A4 Quattro have their problems.

The G35x A/C belt tends to squeal or break because the compressor (and its pulley) goes out of alignment, Automatic transmission has a tendancy to engage slowly, shift rough and apparently they had recalls for the tranny control module because it would shift up and down into wrong gears. The non brembo brake calipers chatter when heated up, especially while reversing and need all the shims changed and upgraded brake pads. Cold starts are sometimes a problem, I remember some guy from Nissan dealership saying he needed to replace a module every other year cause of it.

Audi A4 im not too well knowledged about apart from the very common electrical issues they've always seemed to had.

Recap: Quattro > revised ATTESA

Lol sorry missed the other half. I dont know **** about camrys per se, but im sure the lexus would a much higher insurance price. It looks better, probably more reliable but if something goes I think its easier to work on the VG30DE.
          Thanks for the response.

At this time she has narrowed it down to the two mentioned, the G35x and the IS250. The German cars tend to be more expensive in repairs, if I'm right? She likes the Audi a lot but we want to be somewhat realistic.

I did some homework on the G35 as well. The sedans seem to have a bad rusting issue between the door jams, caused by a water seal failure. There was a recall for those years I believe. (03-06)

The Brembo's would be nice to have on her car. The most important thing to me is to make sure she's okay in winter driving.

Originally posted by beacher1B0 View Post
          If u plan on fixing the car yourself ever, the G has better online support such as forums. Also the G or "Skyline" has more aftermarket support.
          Agreed,
          This is one huge benefit to the G35.

Thanks for all the opinions guys, it's appreciated
          1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Drive them and buy the one you like most. G35 or 37x if you can swing it IMHO. I had a 37 for 4 days and fell in love with it... it's what made me sell my bike and get back into cars... my GTR as a matter of fact.
            All the issues as mentioned above are good to note but you can have problems with any car or no problems at all. A good friend has a 2011 M3 and has had nothing but problems with it.
            All of those cars are very good with potential problems so again IMHO buy the car that feels the best to you.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
              Drive them and buy the one you like most. G35 or 37x if you can swing it IMHO. I had a 37 for 4 days and fell in love with it... it's what made me sell my bike and get back into cars... my GTR as a matter of fact.
              All the issues as mentioned above are good to note but you can have problems with any car or no problems at all. A good friend has a 2011 M3 and has had nothing but problems with it.
              All of those cars are very good with potential problems so again IMHO buy the car that feels the best to you.
              Great post, thanks for the words bobbo.

Can I ask what you liked about the G37?
              1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

I've driven a G35 6 speed, awesome car. Luxurious, good performance and the Infiniti exhaust note is very cool. I'm partial to Nissan so I would choose that, but like Bobbo said, it comes down to driving them and what feels the best. They are both nice cars, an have good reputations for reliability.
                RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

I have driven a 2011 IS250 with the full F-package on it. I liked it alot. But I found that it was underpowered. I would personally go with a IS350. (plus they both get pretty much the same MPG, but with more power

Comment

Originally posted by IslandDrifter View Post
                    I have driven a 2011 IS250 with the full F-package on it. I liked it alot. But I found that it was underpowered. I would personally go with a IS350. (plus they both get pretty much the same MPG, but with more power
                    Keep in mind this is for my girlfriend, not me
                    1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                    X