Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evo 8 near escape from insane snow pileup

you might have seen it before but for those who haven't:

I say the guy was lucky to get out of there with just a couple dings and scratches.

I saw this on another forum, it's insane! Lucky guy the Evo driver was.
    1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Not to dis anyone b'y saying this, but out here in Newfoundland the highway is like that 4 out of 7days a week and there is never pile ups or accidents of this nature. Last winter i spent in novascotia , on my way to work one morning I counted 12 cars off the highway in a 6km stretch! It was 3-5cm of snow....... I just don't understand some ppl's driving habits.

I had to drive to work yesterday(23km) with 20cm of snow, the highway wasn't plowed....... just take your time slow down, and leave plenty of space. simple.
      Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

That's in the states.... Not saying most of them can't handle any snow, but they can't handle any snow lol COCAINES A HELL OF A DRUG!!

Comment

From his comments

I am NOT on summer tires.

This Evo is a North Carolina car. There are no reasons for me to be on winter tires.
          Double negative fail.
          R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

^ Lol ya thought that was pretty funny. I don't need winter tires.... Um looks like ya do

Comment

Why no need winter tires?

Because AWD professional driver.
              1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by future_R34 View Post
                Not to dis anyone b'y saying this, but out here in Newfoundland the highway is like that 4 out of 7days a week and there is never pile ups or accidents of this nature. Last winter i spent in novascotia , on my way to work one morning I counted 12 cars off the highway in a 6km stretch! It was 3-5cm of snow....... I just don't understand some ppl's driving habits.

I had to drive to work yesterday(23km) with 20cm of snow, the highway wasn't plowed....... just take your time slow down, and leave plenty of space. simple.
                Not all provinces require winter tires and even when it is required doesn't necessarily mean they'll use them. Many people are too cheap (or stupid) to think they can do highway speeds with all seasons.
                Double track drift, yo.
                http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Winter tires.. Bah.. i have never bought winter tires in my life..

THats life on the Wet Coast..

:-)

I like when the Semi just barrels by..
                  Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Originally posted by future_R34 View Post

I agree, people just need to slow the f down and stop being such aggressive drivers, especially when the snow falls. If you hit a patch of black ice, regardless of snow tires, roads become a fustercluck in a hurry.

Comment

Both drivers were going too fast for the conditions. Common sense really helps keep you out of trouble. Black ice??? I can tell just from the video the road is slick as all hell.

Comment

Working...
                      X