No announcement yet.

My frustration with western humanity.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From my limited knowledge of the area, sounds like a tourist area???, so keeping area clean, nice looking makes sense.

Rich houses usually have big stone walls, big gates, so wouldn't see much from outside if you put car on driveway -

RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

*Images them towing it without wheels* LOL
      Underbody screeching against the pavement, Sparks flying everywhere, sideskirts and bumper cracking and breaking off.
      Double track drift, yo.
      http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Shadao, it's not so much "stick it to the man" as it is "educate yourself and stay within the word of the law and you'll be fine".
        Clearly there will be social stigma attached to any torn apart cars in an upper class neighborhood, but obviously the OP doesn't care much about that... so strictly from a legal standpoint, all he has to do is get the car to a point where it's able to move under it's own power, and there's nothing anyone can do.
        Race. Win. Live.

Comment

lol wow. So many comments!!

I realize that I do live in oak bay, which is considered the "ritzy" part of victoria, and I could have brushed up on current by-laws prior to moving in.. but I mean tak ea look at what I leave my "work area" like each and every day...

I honestly can not see the harm in having 2 cars in my driveway that look like this on a day-to-day basis. The only time a wheel is off, or the hood is open, is when I'm working on them. I would even consider making a bet that any average person driving/walking by my house would never know that these cars were not street legal, and that one had no engine.

As you all probably already saw, yes, I do have a garage, but unfortunately I can't use it solely for the purpose of car repair. I have 4 other roommates, and if I all of a sudden removed my beer fridge, couch, and pool table.. Well, I bet there would be some serious unrest haha.

For a split second, when I received the paperwork saying my cars had to go, I actually considered moving. The amazing lease I have with this house though just makes that impossible. It would be stupid to leave this place paying only $435 a month EVERYTHING included...

Anyways, there isn't really a whole I can do about this situation except get all my chickens in order for tomorrow. It's a real bummer that i wont be able to swap the engine myself and have the feeling of "I literally installed everything on this car" buuut whachu going to do?
          Last edited by Wootang; 03-09-2012, 11:32 PM.
          Originally posted by victoriaGTR
          tire smoke makes my wiener tingle.

Comment

Drop a golf cart engine in it for 200$ and call it a day can't complain if it's running right?
            Last edited by Nexsys; 03-10-2012, 02:11 AM.
            '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
            '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

Haha. The purple one has an outstanding VI on it . I could put insurance on the black one seeing as the vins are good, and all the paper work checks out, but I can't separate the vehicles for obvious reasons.

Comment

Hope everything works out.
                Last edited by cdnleaf; 03-12-2012, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Reminds me of a note my friends dad showed me. He lives in a semi-house complex in the country. His neighbor was blaming him for putting plastics in his cardboard recycling bin and the garbage men were not taking it. Couple of weeks later he was putting his own "speed limit" signs up because a new neighbor had a loud truck and sounded like he was driving fast the 20 feet from the road to his driveway. Funniest part is he was a retired cop. Having a hard time giving up your power-trip career?
                  Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

After today, it's nice to know that not all of the people around me are c**ks. As I was loading up the second car onto a trailer this afternoon I had 2 couples come out and ask me why I was moving them away before I had finished. The husbands both gave the same story of: "I liked watching your progress on the weekends. It reminds me of when I was your age, before I got married and had kids".

once the car has been finished off, I'll start the build thread which has been 2 years in the making...

Comment

That reminds me, when I had my R32 GT-R parked in an underground parking in Banff, I was just changing a light bulb on my car the janitor guy told me I wasnt's allowed to do that or any kind of work on my car!
                      And here I thought Canada was a free country!

My cars:
                      1996 BCNR33 GT-R
                      1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

Working...
                      X