No announcement yet.

St. Patrick's day in London, Ontario...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Patrick's day in London, Ontario...

Well I'm sure most of you heard the news by now since its already reached multiple other media sources outside of Ontario.. For those of you who haven't heard, the student housing across from Fanshawe college went up in flames (literally) as over 1000 drunk college students decided to light a CTV news truck on fire. Police tried getting involved and were completely helpless against the violent drunks. An estimated $100,000 in damages has been calculated, with over 17 cop cars needing repairs and at least one fire truck.

I witnessed the entire riot from a distance (friend's house) and I have to say, it's really a shame that we will now have an image as Fanshawe/London students who can't control themselves while drinking.

Here's the link to one of MANY news articles.

1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

These retards should be expelled from school and kicked out of London. They are an embarrassment.

Comment

People are getting less able to control their drunkness...
      03 lancer dead
      68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
      05 chevy silverado L33
      2010 crv Wife's ride
      1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

Vancouver and now this lol great image we Canadians portray when it comes to big events and drinking involved....

Comment

Originally posted by wongger View Post
          These retards should be expelled from school and kicked out of London. They are an embarrassment.
          Woah an embarrassment to London? You know you did somthing wrong when...

Damn can't belive I missed this! There's somthing very rustic and barbaric about a party outside of Toronto.

Sent from my HTC Magic using Tapatalk
          Last edited by RABBIT; 03-19-2012, 12:51 AM.
          Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

makes me sick

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            '95 GTR

Comment

Originally posted by RABBIT View Post
              Woah an embarrassment to London? You know you did somthing wrong when...
              Yah, I don't mean to generalize all of the Fanshaw college students, but for some reason the problems seem to always be in that area of London lol.

Comment

The scariest part of it all was after the cops had to flee the scene because of the glass and wood being tossed at them. At that point everyone started chanting "we won" and things got completely out of hand.

One guy threw a propane tank into the fire...luckily it was empty, or lots of people would have had serious burns.
                1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by MKIV View Post
                  The scariest part of it all was after the cops had to flee the scene because of the glass and wood being tossed at them. At that point everyone started chanting "we won" and things got completely out of hand.

One guy threw a propane tank into the fire...luckily it was empty, or lots of people would have had serious burns.
                  Time to raise the drinking age to 25+ the youngins cant hold there booze....
                  '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
                  '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

That's pretty disgusting. The mentality is the same as Vancouver, "Yea we are drunk, let's break stuff and be cool!"
                    In cases like this I would be all for more aggressive police tactics, they should have had the high-speed pellet guns and just nail everyone in the nuts with them. That would teach them to assault police officers. Or bust out that crowd control audio machine that makes everyone poop themselves.
                    But I suppose on the other hand, there are tons of video of the event, just like Vancouver. I hope they go through it and arrest everyone involved. I guess people don't think that throwing pieces of wood at police cars in not assault against an officer?
                    RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                    http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                    1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Most of the people participating in this were caught on camera and have been identified to the police. With everyone having Camera/Video phones you would think they would be smarter and cover their faces =/

Comment

^^ the police has already put together a site to identify the people, and have arrested a bunch already.
                        RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                        http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                        1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

It was less than 1000 kids by far.. but yah, bunch of morons.

Im ashamed to know some of them were my peers. :|
                          Flemming drive is always pretty ghetto this time of year. The whole Project X mentality kicks in and it turns into a block party, they get wasted and jack assery kicks in.

I feel so bad for the kid who had his parents Escape torched.
                          Last edited by Xeno-Vibe; 03-19-2012, 02:52 PM.
                          Double track drift, yo.
                          http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Originally posted by Xeno-Vibe View Post
                            It was less than 1000 kids by far.. but yah, bunch of morons.

Im ashamed to know some of them were my peers. :|
                            Flemming drive is always pretty ghetto this time of year. The whole Project X mentality kicks in and it turns into a block party, they get wasted and jack assery kicks in.

I feel so bad for the kid who had his parents Escape torched.
                            There were 1200 kids there. Also, the Escape wasn't some kid's, it was a CTV news truck.

Propane tank that got thrown on the fire was apparently full and attributed to one of the explosions. Bunch of people got injured with burns and the paramedics were saying "**** this, we're not going in, burn victims have to come to us." And I totally don't blame them. This makes me sick and saddened to call myself a Fanshawe alumnus. Dumbass kids need to be expelled and black listed. They don't deserve to get into any school if this is the crap they're going to pull. Way to give London a worse name, morons. GTFO my city
                            Originally posted by kengeroo
                            that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                            ...don't drink and ebay
                            '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

My wife heard about this on the Japanese news!

My cars:
                              1996 BCNR33 GT-R
                              1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

Working...
                              X