Any turkey hunters here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any turkey hunters here?

Openin day for spring turkey hunt starts tomorrow, any hunters on here?
    Anyone else gonna be calling in a big Tom tomorrow morning?
    Weather isn't the best but my blind is set up, been scouting the past two weeks and hopin to hear some gobbles at the break of dawn.
    R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
    Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

We hear them here , lots of them this time of year .

I don't hunt though, infact I actively discourage it around our farm , too many horses have been killed by rednecks that get drunk and bored and need something to shoot , 2 killed last year and if that happens this year Norfolk county could possibly ban hunting altogether !. I always see people walking along (hwy24) in full view of the public with cocked rifles ready to use ( rifles barrels should be "broken" until far enough away from the road or a public place - not to mention loaded crossbows . (im a crossbow user myself although I only shoot coyotes that come on our farm and threaten my animals) .

Comment

WOW^
      Guess hunters here have a little more respect and common sense.
      Coyotes are a big problem all over north America, no limit to how many you can shoot any time of the year
      Gonna do a coyote hunt in the next few weeks, got some old 3.5" loads r the mossberg that hit like slugs. The farmers property I hunt at also has a problem with then going after livestock and outrageous numbers of packs

Comment

We have had coyotes attack and kill peoples dogs and cats outside their houses here , we have a pack of 22 about a Klm into the bush at the back of our place . Wondering if there is a bounty on them atm .

We throw dead chickens in a coon cage , lock it and chain it to a railroad tie , then we sit in a tree about 60 yards away and wait for them to come over . We can ping them off one at a time because the crossbow doesnt make much noise and each time you drop one the pack doesnt run unless they can tell which way the threat is. A good shot will get 2 in one go , I have had a bolt pass through 2 of them one behind the other and then bury itself in the ground . took ages to find the bolt lol .

If they are ravenous and hungry (especially if they are suffering from mange ) they will turn on their dead and tear them up and eat them as soon as they sense the blood . If one of the pack is in heat the pack sends their bitch to your house to lure your dog away into the bush , the then pack ambushes the dog . They are pretty smart animals !

Comment

I will stick to shooting gophers hahah i can hardly hit them with my 22 :/

Comment

I haven't used the bow yet, I like your idea tho
            Out here I've been told to leave them out in the bush because the carcas won't last more than a day or two. They will eat their own, food is food. They are very smart animals. Have seen them work in a group from a distance, it's pretty awesome actually. Last year I called a coyote in from about 450 yards with a turkey call. Came to about 20 yards and stood there scanning the area trying to find the source of the sound. He was looking right at me, I blinked, then he bolted. Their vision is like that of a T Rex, based on movement. He must have been hungry to be that negligent.

You are missin gofers with a 22? Go to a range and sight it in properly. My buddy's .22 is good to 130 yards accurately with a small scope. I love .22's, box of 500 bullets is like $7. A box of 50 .45's is $35

Comment

Yeah i need to site it something fierce, just don't really care all that much hahaha i want to get a new .22 anyways, but would rather put the money towards the car lol

Comment

Lately I've been kinda the opposite lately
                The price of guns compared to car parts.....
                Mossberg 535 12 gauge tactical shot gun with red dot sight and all real tree cammo.
                Capable of 3.5" loads, 22" smooth bore barel with chokes for turkey. 24" rifled slug barel for deir and moose
                Total: $550
                Sexy time 12 gauge^
                .22 rifles with scope and good sight $450
                Glock $300
                C8 carbine $1500 (price of a good turbo lol)

I easily spend more than that on my car a year

Comment

do you even need a gun to hunt turkeys? like damn out here you can just say gobble gobble and toss them a piece of bread and hit them over the head with a hammer... now thats what i call hunting
                  How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                  \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                  \'90 GTR32

Comment

^wish it were that easy
                    Although turkey can come in large groups and scatter across onr's lawn or property, they are actually pretty clever birds. They have the best vision and hearing, even moving auscle out in the bush will spook them and they are gone. Or they know you ate there and won't come in past 50 yards.

Comment

lol come to bc then... lol seriously... i can hand feed them out here.... they dont htink of us as a threat more of a food source... they are dumb birds... most of the time they wont get out of my way when im driving... i have had to actually bump them with my car to get them to move sometimes...

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                      \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                      \'90 GTR32

Comment

people who dont live in Toronto are weird to me.
                        Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

thats because you cant comprehend people living outside of Toronto

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                          \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                          \'90 GTR32

Comment

A lot of animals in Ontario were non existent due to negligent people. Over consumption from hinting and trapping saw many different animals almost extinct from this province. The government re introduced turkeys back into Ontario in the mid 80's and their numbers have grown better than the government could have imagined. Black bear, moose and deir are at their best, there was even an Elk hunt in northern Ontario last year which is crazy. There has never been a stable population of elk in Ontario for as long as I've been alive. I used to live in the mtns, wild life is a part of daily life. No where else on an hour drive would I see moose in the river, elk on the hills, bear on the road and mountain goats tieing up traffic. Not to mention bald eagles, massive ravens and pheasant everywhere. You grew up with it so it's routine. Out in this part of the country.... A little different

Comment

i was more cracking a joke at toronto being the center of the universe which would be maybe why rabbit finds outsiders weird lol

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                              \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                              \'90 GTR32

Comment

Working...
                              X