Painting engine bay questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting engine bay questions

Hey fellow gtrc'rs im wondering if anyone has some body shop know how. Anyways I'm ready to spray my engine bay and underbody. Ive already laid epoxy primer and am at a crossroads with my topcoat. The paint I have is Aston Martin but no company make a solvent based single stage. I would use a two stage but I've heard laying clear in an engine bay can cause the clear to flake and yellow. I'm wondering of anyone has used a 2stage top coat with good results and if I should be ok with clearcoat
    “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

+1 I would like to know too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Comment

i guess questions are always left best for the experts. I talked to the shop that did my car, he said that people who get discoloring from clear coat are either using a cheap brand of clear or are not prepping it properly. He said hes done clear on valve covers for tons of his custom and show builds. He suggested using the recommended hardener and activator with the clear to provide some extra durability as well.

And after all that he said he'd come down and spray my car for a case of beer. Glad to see there are still nice people out there!
      “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Working...
      X