Sponsor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsor?

Not sure if this is where i should post this, but if it goes somewhere else feel free to move it

I'm currently looking for a sponsor to help with some of the vast costs of owning a skyline lol. If anyone here has experience or know a place that can help, would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
    '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Gaining sponsorship is a tricky endevour.
    A potential sponsor wants to know what you can do for them and how much they can "gain" by sponsoring you. How many show's can you go to in a year, how successful are you in whatever competition you are involved in, how well spoken are you, how do you present yourself, how much attention does the car receive. These are some of the things a sponsor will look at. Basically you are applying for a job.
    I've been fortunate enough to have been sponsored by Yokohama, a local car dealership, and now a local parts supplier. Yokohama was lucky in that a good friend of mine knew the Rep. The dealership because for a 17 year old I was having a lot of success in Auto-X which was very popular at the time and the local guy (Focued Motorsports) was just right place/right time.
    All that being said my suggestion would be to shine the hell out of your car, do up a resume of some kind and start pounding the pavement.
    Good luck!

... and ignor Carsponsorship.com.

Comment

^^ great post. Aim for cost based sponsorship on parts initially to get you going.

Comment

Originally posted by Nexsys View Post
        Not sure if this is where i should post this, but if it goes somewhere else feel free to move it

I'm currently looking for a sponsor to help with some of the vast costs of owning a skyline lol. If anyone here has experience or know a place that can help, would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
        What are you building your car car to do that it needs or that someone might want to sponsor it?

Sent from my HTC Magic using Tapatalk
        Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Generally sponsors need to see that you will be either 1) entering the car in shows or 2) entering the car in competitions. They will not sponsor a car to just drive around the streets on the weekend.
          I used to sponsor DMCC drift cars, and those guys work their a**es off to get sponsors. They do newspaper and magazine interviews, tv appearences like BT on City TV, and of course being a driver in the DMCC with sponsors names plastered all over the car.
          Like Bobbo said, it's like applying for a job, you have to prove that you will make it worthwhile to the sponsor. And that means they will have to indirectly profit financially from sponsoring you.
          RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
          http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
          1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

I have a few sponsors and would be more than willing to help you build a proper 'vehicle resume' if you are truly interested. It's not easy, it's not cheap and I can almost say for certain you won't get a full sponsorship. Most companies/shops will probably offer you a partial, which in my experience is still pretty darn good. Pretty serious commitment if you want more details PM me.
            Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
            hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

Getting sponsored is not cheap? Part for part I bet my non sponsored car cost me more than your sponsored car

I remember when a calgary shop offered to give a 15% deal if I installed one o their stickers, did reports and feedback, advertised and a few other wee things. Seemed like a head ache for a $1800 part I later found for the same price, no strings.

Anyway not all sponsorships are easy. There's no free money unless it's from your mommy or daddy hahaha
              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
              lol

Comment

wish my parents were rich haha
                '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
                '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                  Getting sponsored is not cheap? Part for part I bet my non sponsored car cost me more than your sponsored car

I remember when a calgary shop offered to give a 15% deal if I installed one o their stickers, did reports and feedback, advertised and a few other wee things. Seemed like a head ache for a $1800 part I later found for the same price, no strings.

Anyway not all sponsorships are easy. There's no free money unless it's from your mommy or daddy hahaha
                  Seen you quote your build before and it certainly did cost you more I meant to say depending on who from or for what you want sponsors, it might cost you a good initial investment, need to have enough of that companies parts on your car for it to be worth sponsoring.

Gotta spend money to save money
                  Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
                  hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

Working...
                  X