Anyone going on the TAS2013 Tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going on the TAS2013 Tour?

I am going out on the 2013 Dsport TAS tour (www.dsporttas.com) in January. Wonder if I'll see any other GTRCers on the trip with me. It goes from LA to Tokyo and back.

Preliminary list of events includes:

- 2 days at TAS
    - Daikoku Futo
    - Dinner with NOB Taniguchi and Tarzan Yamada
    - Toyota Mega World
    - Nissan Zuma Museum
    - Tomei
    - Multiple UpGarage's

Should be a good trip.
    1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
    2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
    2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

I would love to but not enough $$$.
    Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

if they'll do it next year ill go! just found out about it not enough money

Comment

So jealous! I wish...
        Not this year

Comment

I'll be sure to put up some pics when I get back. The cost was $2,800 for the trip, and $500 for my round trip flight to LAX. I've wanted to do it for a long time, but always put it off. This year I decided it was it.

Comment

envy!

Comment

Awesome!!! Take lots of pics !!!!

Comment

Looks like a great little trip! That would be an excellent way to get a tiny taste of what Japan has to offer. I'll be keeping it in mind for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by Phastwon View Post
                  I'll be sure to put up some pics when I get back. The cost was $2,800 for the trip, and $500 for my round trip flight to LAX. I've wanted to do it for a long time, but always put it off. This year I decided it was it.
                  That's not bad at all, flights alone would be around $1800 to $2000 (YVR to Narita is about $1500) and you have a lot of touring and hotels in there. Diakoku Futo is crazy if you go on a good night, even a bla night is pretty cool. Beg and plead to work in an Autobacs visit too, one of the really big ones. The UpGarages are freakin awesome, you'll poop when you see how cheap perfectly good used parts are there. Leave room in your suitcase for parts...and bring lots of Tylenol and Ibuprofen.........trust me.

Jon.
                  Last edited by Dragon Humper; 01-09-2013, 03:37 PM.
                  Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Looks like he had a great time based on his FB posts.

I just got back myself, missed TAS by ONE *&%^&^$^$##@! DAY!!!

Had a great time as always. Had dinner and beer with Adam @Feast, met up with Speedhunters crew. Good times.

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Just got back yesterday morning. Haven't downloaded my pics yet, but I'll get something up over the weekend. The trip was amazing. I spent 1 day withi VIP access to TAS, went to 3 upgarages, including one with GT Parts. Went to Super Autobacs, Nissan Global HQ, Toyota MegaWeb, and the Nissan DNA Garage at Zama.

Comment

Pics now posted. Sorry for the delay I was busy at work. It is a mish mash of photos from Tokyo Auto Salon, The C1 highway, Up Garages, Tomei, and Zama Museum.

Comment

Working...
                        X