Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steer by wire vs solid steering bushing

NISSANS STEER BY WIRE (SBW)

I THINK THIS IS REALLY COOL. IVE HEARD ABOUT THIS BEING DEVELOPED SINCE THE THROTTLE BY WIRE.

BUT IS IT WORTH THE MONEY COMPARED TO A $60.00 STAINLESS STEEL BUSHING? AND WOULD THERE BE ANY FEELING THE ROAD? I DONT THINK THERE IS.

JUST THOUGHT ID SHARE

-http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/autopia/2012/10/nissan-steer-by-wire.jpg
    Last edited by DRIVER_R32; 01-16-2013, 01:24 PM. Reason: VIDEO LINK FIX

watching the video is very important and that image shows that its pretty much electric power steering that has been available on some high end cars for a few years!

Comment

so it basically absorbs bumps better without jerkin the steering wheel around? lol the videos graphics looked retarded. need a highspeed vehicle in motion atleast..
      Double track drift, yo.
      http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

HOW THIS?
        Last edited by DRIVER_R32; 01-17-2013, 01:36 PM.

Comment

^ its a smart idea but i would never buy a car with that system.. in case **** its gonna cost 4-5 times as much to fix.. I like to control the car, that way its really my fault instead of getting sued for a car malfunction because ether way you look at it you are still responsible!

Comment

I've seen those go on German cars, talking about 3-5k fix for minimal steering comfort
            “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

It has a safety mechanism that locks the shaft into a solid connection incase of electronic failure.
              Im just glad it not manufactured by toyota. Lol

IM GLAD I WAS ABLE TO SPARK DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS PRODUCT
              Last edited by DRIVER_R32; 01-18-2013, 02:36 PM.

Comment

what if the thing that detects the failure fails? Or the car just decides to turn left or something when you are going straight?

No thanks.

Also, I've got an aluminum steering bushing. Worst mod ever, would never do again. lots of effort for zero improvement.
                1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

drove a BMW with one, felt like ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrh View Post
                    what if the thing that detects the failure fails? Or the car just decides to turn left or something when you are going straight?

No thanks.

Also, I've got an aluminum steering bushing. Worst mod ever, would never do again. lots of effort for zero improvement.

what happened? what were you trying to improve?
                    the rubber ones have slop and if its the original its probably wore or about to crack
                    . I felt a R32 with a bushing before and after it was replaced and noticed a huge difference feed back, and stopped the steering wheel from viberating. it was solid!
                    it was "bs" getting it on aparently , but im not going in to that.

maybe the problem is else where, like a loose tie rod or bushing?

Comment

Working...
                    X