Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Initial D manga; Japan residents please read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial D manga; Japan residents please read!

Hi all. Back before I had my license I used to buy these Initial D manga books at a local comic book store.

INITIAL_D_V11_COVER.jpg

Anyways I stumbled upon my books recently and started re reading them. The nerd in me is loving it! Only problem is, Tokyopop (the US publisher) lost its license in 2009 and they have been out of print since then. I only have 4 of the 33 volumes (1-3, 5) and am trying to find more! every comic store I have been to has had nothing.

My questions: Does anyone here have any? and for those in japan (where these are still produced and I assume readily available), are they available in english there? any insight is appreciated!
    Victory is on the horizon..

If you just want to read and not desperate to have the manga's in hand, go to http://www.animefushigi.com/. Added bonus is they're streaming all Initial D fansubs including season five! Check out Wangan Midnight manga or anime, pretty good gear head/ nerd stuff too!
    Originally posted by Snow
    Sure a condom holds water but you don't see me drinking from one.

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
      Hi all. Back before I had my license I used to buy these Initial D manga books at a local comic book store.

[ATTACH]627[/ATTACH]

Anyways I stumbled upon my books recently and started re reading them. The nerd in me is loving it! Only problem is, Tokyopop (the US publisher) lost its license in 2009 and they have been out of print since then. I only have 4 of the 33 volumes (1-3, 5) and am trying to find more! every comic store I have been to has had nothing.

My questions: Does anyone here have any? and for those in japan (where these are still produced and I assume readily available), are they available in english there? any insight is appreciated!
      Dude just go downtown, The otaku stores here have tones of them.
      Just tell me which ones you want i can grab them for you.
      Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

I went to a few of the comic stores and they didn't have any. I had the bright idea to go to amazon and I found 5 of them for 10$ each. I'm happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
          I went to a few of the comic stores and they didn't have any. I had the bright idea to go to amazon and I found 5 of them for 10$ each. I'm happy!
          AH ok, let me know though Im downtown every day
          Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Well if you're in any of the stores and see any....let me know. I have the first 9 of the total 33, and would like to grab them all if possible. Just text me

Comment

I was also in to Initial D before I had my license, I used to watch the cartoons with my friends and go to the arcade and play the arcade game.
              I was looking for the model cars on kijiji and found this guy selling "Lot of 30+ Anime/Fantasy Books from Mar, Initial D, Bus Gamer" for $50

and if you see the cars let me know. found a guy wanting $180 for all 4 but thats a little much for me, when I have seen them go for $20 in the box with the little guy.
              1991 skyline GTR
              1969 corvette
              1989 cavalier Z24
              1991 skyline GTR
              1985 VW scirocco

Comment

Originally posted by dark_sky View Post
                I was also in to Initial D before I had my license, I used to watch the cartoons with my friends and go to the arcade and play the arcade game.
                I was looking for the model cars on kijiji and found this guy selling "Lot of 30+ Anime/Fantasy Books from Mar, Initial D, Bus Gamer" for $50

and if you see the cars let me know. found a guy wanting $180 for all 4 but thats a little much for me, when I have seen them go for $20 in the box with the little guy.
                Did you try P-Mall?

Comment

I haven't been to pacific mall scince I was in high school. I guss its time for a visit.
                  1991 skyline GTR
                  1969 corvette
                  1989 cavalier Z24
                  1991 skyline GTR
                  1985 VW scirocco

Comment

Buy my strut tower bar

Comment

Text me, do you have a car?

Comment

Working...
                      X