No announcement yet.

Canadian Market Advice for a Japanese Exporter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's very interesting. Is this something you are trying to do with your entire car?
    KUNIO MURAMOTO / SALES@GTR-GARAGE.COM

Comment

As much as I can. Gauges, shift knobs, steering wheels; early 90s Nismo/HKS would be IDEAL. Even with wheels, putting on LMGT1s or Panasport G7s (both VERY hard to find here...which sucks) fits the R32s compared to flashy wheels developed in the late 2000s. All depends on what look you're going for. i dont have much doubt that if I could find 18x10 G7/LMGT1s id be doing it, but in Canada the best sizing I can seem to find is 17x8 (17x9 if im lucky)
      Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

I would buy defi gauges. Definitely need interior things at a good price and personally I find it hard to find wheel bearing and stuff like that at a good price ...

Comment

The way I see it is people want something different. Everyone has basically the same build going give or take a few cars. It has been over saturated with similar body panels kits wheels and accessories. In my personal opinion, direct from Japan would be fantastic as long as you're bringing in something I don't see on every second skyline has.
          I hope I made some sense..

Comment

I agree with the above I have how every car is the same ! Lets get so variety by ordering direct !

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
              As much as I can. Gauges, shift knobs, steering wheels; early 90s Nismo/HKS would be IDEAL. Even with wheels, putting on LMGT1s or Panasport G7s (both VERY hard to find here...which sucks) fits the R32s compared to flashy wheels developed in the late 2000s. All depends on what look you're going for. i dont have much doubt that if I could find 18x10 G7/LMGT1s id be doing it, but in Canada the best sizing I can seem to find is 17x8 (17x9 if im lucky)
              If you never need anything specific you can't find let me know. In my younger years I had an R32 with a set of LMGT1s and I always thought they were the perfect looking wheel for the GTR. I do like the LMGT4s, but if I had to choose I would probably go with the older model.

Comment

Are collectibles popular? Over they years I've amassed literally a room full of models and the like.

Comment

There seem to be a lot of Japanese companies making aero parts but selling them only in Japan. A good example of that would be Final Motion, an Osaka based company. There are many others like this and a small chat with your local GTR club might give you a better idea.

Having direct source to companies like this could be helpful and also promote more uniqueness as Yanay says. There are certain aero pieces from Final Motion that I'm dying to get my hands on but I know it'll be tough to deal with from Canada so I'll likely pick it up on my trip out there later this year.
                  97' R33 GT-R Vspec
                  Sonic Silver

www.arnejatrading.com

Comment

I'm familiar with Final Motion. I believe I spoke to the owner at Osaka Auto Messe (it may have been at another show) and he was a very nice guy. Getting parts from a shop like that is easy enough. All it takes is a phone call, but shipping them is the issue. The vents and other carbon bits they sell are easy enough, but when an item gets to big for Japan Post the shipping gets very expensive. Unless the parts are hitching a ride on a container it is, understandably, more than people are willing to spend.

Comment

If you could get Hasemi parts without shipping killing the deal, I'd love you.
                      Last edited by Woodly; 02-11-2013, 12:47 AM.

Comment

RB25DET PARTS!
                        BUT NOW THAT THE R34 NEO IS LEGAL MORE RB25DET PARTS SHOULD BE AVAILABLE!
                        CHEAPER PRICES IS ALWAYS GOOD! ITS MEANS I CAN BUY MORE PARTS

IMPUL PARTS! GAUGES, ECU, THROTTLE, COIL-OVERS

90'S ERA HKS/GReddy, ETC. , IS ALL I WANT ON MY CAR WITH CUSCO BRACING,FULLY ADJUSTABLE HDS SUSPENSION, PERIOD CORRECT +40 RIMS .

AND RB25DET PARTS!!!!!!

Comment

We're going to try and ride a fine line between offering parts for all the Skyline models and answering to demand. Eventually we'll learn what is best to keep stocked, but all that comes with experience.

Is the desire to build a period "correct" Skyline common in Canada?

Comment

Actually, "period correct" is a huge trend here in North America. Barn find patina is really in now with classic cars. And let's face it, the R32s are considered a classic. In 2 years I could plate my car as a "collector" and pay only $200 a year with a special white and black plate. These cars are kind of where muscle cars were in the late '60s and early '70s. 1989 to 2002 was Japan's golden age of FR cars that power mongers actually wanted.

We are with JDM cars where muscle car guys were in the '80s, stuff is cheap, plentiful and rust free........good times.

Jon.
                            Last edited by Dragon Humper; 02-11-2013, 07:05 PM.
                            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

That's good to hear. I've always preferred Japanese cars from the 90's. In fact, I don't think I've owned any sports car newer than 2000.

Comment

Working...
                              X