Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LF: air compressor input

Hey guys!
    It's time to add a compressor to my garage and I'm hoping to draw on the experience of others in making the best decision.
    My wife came across some good deals on the following two compressor with a price difference of about $150. Plus (with the larger compressor) a mounting/install kit for ~$150.
    I'm wondering if the smaller one will be sufficient for what I need or if I should spend the extra $.
    Primary uses will be impact, ratchets, and grinders. No painting.
    Here are the two choices...

I would suggest the bigger one, I have that 26 gal vertical one, it's still decent for air tools ,I know u said no painting ,but would be nice to have the extra, wish i did.paint gun/airsander or even the die grinder all suck, the pump just can't keep up.

Comment

I'd say the second one would be more suited to the applications you are going to be using. Air tools consume a large volume of air, the smaller compressor would run constantly just to keep up. Plus impact guns are way more effective if they have a good compressor behind it.
      The ones we use at the shop run at 90psi and at that level your tools will function properly.
      Also a good idea to add a dryer and drain the tank after every use to prevent moisture build up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
      1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
      -Bruce Lee

Comment

Thanks a lot guys! I appreciate the feed back.

Comment

I perfer the belt driven style, If you can afford it I would go with the larger one and never look back, jmo
          -1995 BCNR33, Borg S300, Full Race, Link Ecu, Some Other Stuff
          -2007 Dodge 3500, 6 Speed, CTD

Comment

Here's how it went AND got a total of 40% off.

Thanks again for the input!
            Last edited by bobbo; 02-16-2013, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Not too sure if I want to know how you got the 40% off though.
              1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Originally posted by Marus92 View Post
                Not too sure if I want to know how you got the 40% off though.
                I don't know what you were thinking but the Rona here is shutting down in April so they're blowing out inventory. The compressor was 30% off and they gave me another 10% because there is a scratch on the tank. Tools were 30% too.
                Last edited by bobbo; 02-17-2013, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Sweet! I've got a 26 Gal and there are times when I wish I had a larger one like that.
                  Last edited by ColinR33; 02-17-2013, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X