Yahoo Auction Broker Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo Auction Broker Service

In a previous thread I started there a couple of people mentioned they were interested in a Yahoo Auctions brokerage service. For the past couple of weeks I've been thinking about everything involved in setting up a service like this. Logistically it wouldn't be an issue as I have a pretty large shop here and have been using Yahoo Auctions for at least a decade. I've shipped all sorts of things via Japan Post so that wouldn't be an issue either. We have a US JPMorgan Chase merchant account already setup to process credit/debit card transactions through our website so that is a no-brainer as well.

The issue I'm having is how to implement a service like this. Obviously I would have to require a deposit to bid for someone, but how much should that deposit be? I would need to be paid for my time as well but would it be better to charge a flat fee per item or maybe a percentage of the winning bid amount?

Making the auctions accessible for non-Japanese readers is an issue as well. Unfortunately providing a translated version of auctions.yahoo.co.jp beyond my scope of abilities, but I can certainly provide a long list of links to particular categories for each Skyline model. Here is an example:

「BNR32」(インタークーラー、オイルクーラー)関連の新品・未使用品・中古品が約71件出品中。ヤフオク!は、常時約5,000万点以上の商品数を誇る、誰でもかんたんに売り買いが楽しめるサービスです。圧倒的人気のオークションに加え、フリマ出品ですぐ売れる、買える商品もたくさん!

These link above is to BNR32 Oil Coolers and Intercoolers. I've set it to display 100 items per page, only show used items, and to display the items ending the soonest. I can also provide a guide with screenshots of what all the different kanji mean in regard to navigating the auctions easier.

Any ideas, suggestion, concerns would be greatly appreciated. We are going to be a GTR Canada sponsor by the end of the month with a Traders sub-forum so all of this could occur through there.
    KUNIO MURAMOTO / SALES@GTR-GARAGE.COM

50 views and no responses. I guess this may not be such a great idea after-all.

Comment

I've found stuff I've wanted from Japanese yahoo auctions but never really knew how to do it or how to get it to Canada. Only problem now is I'm done buying parts for this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by Robski
      do you really want something a guy with a Civic has?

Comment

Hey Garage, its actually a good idea to become a yahoo.jp broker but I think your "I'll PM you a search query in a foreign language, you're on your own, and then you tell me what you want" is a little convoluted.

There's been two yahoo brokers on this forum, Feast and JNSImports (the latter going of business a few years ago). I think you could fill the gap nicely, you seem enthusiastic about your work. You will have to be proactive.

What you would need to do is lurk the WTB (willing to buy) subforum and discussion/build/projects and offer broker services for quality parts you think you can get a good price on. For example I could use a hardpiping kit, rollcage, Kakimoto resonator, and short shifter. You could see some commercial interest in me and query yahoo.jp. If anything interesting comes up you can PM me and inform me of affordable products that I'd be interested into buying.

PS: Obviously with enough exposure you could also get people to PM you for direct inquiries but again, you would have to find the right product for them.

PPS: Not sure if this made any sense, I hope it did.
        Last edited by MarusGTR; 03-02-2013, 10:24 PM. Reason: lulz yahoo.ca, force of habit
        1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Probably your best bet would be once someone pm'ed you with a parts request send them a couple links to available products on yahoo auctions (different brands, different price points, items in different condition ie. brand new, slightly used etc). Once you get the go ahead to bid you should probably get the majority of the expected cost up front and then settle up for the remainder of the price and shipping after the item is won. I think it would be fair to charge a flat fee for your services since it doesn't take any more time to bid on a 100,000jpy item than it does to bid on a 10jpy item. Once you get this service up and running let me know I'd be happy to try it out and write a review on here for you

Comment

That is a great idea! Let me know if this even happens

Comment

Originally posted by Marus92 View Post
              There's been two yahoo brokers on this forum, Feast and JNSImports (the latter going of business a few years ago). I think you could fill the gap nicely, you seem enthusiastic about your work. You will have to be proactive.
              JNS isnt out of business We just shifted focus of the company away from JDM parts as they create to many hassles (wait times mainly) for little reward. Mainly doing commercial vehicle importation and rare vehicle sourcing in Europe.
              2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
              1969 Cooper S. Restored
              1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I'm going to put some more thought into the whole idea and see if I can come up with something reasonable.

Comment

its not that hard ot find part on yahoo auction. let the guy do his homework. once he's setup, he send you an amount to your account with a link to the item to bid with max bid.

win ? he pay for the rest and final cost with fees and stuff

loose? refund.
                  Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

We will probably end up offering the service likely with a flat broker fee and a deposit required to bid. We're also looking into ways to integrate it into our website, but it may take a back seat for a few months.

Comment

Working...
                    X