No announcement yet.

Anyone interested in making $400? Need help with head swap on a GTR in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested in making $400? Need help with head swap on a GTR in Toronto

I bent a few valves last summer while changing the timing belt on my GTR (dont ask how, grrrrr......), and then had to leave the country for a while. Came back some time ago and am looking to put her on the road again. I am moving in 2 months, but with the car out of commission, cannot do so until the head is replaced/repaired. Injured my lower back, due to which I am unable to do the work myself.

Is there anyone in/around GTA who is willing to come over and help me with this? I will pay $400 cash to whoever can do this for me. I have most of the tools needed for the job to be done with the engine IN the car. Jack stands, toolbox, extensions, everything will be available. Beer, food and money is on me. I am in West Scarborough, just north of the Danforth Road, off of Eglinton Ave. E..

Help a fellow GTRCer here......I would really appreciate it

Munib
    (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)

Cheap, Reliable, Fast.....PICK TWO
    SERENITY NOW!!!!!!
    HEAVY METAL IS THE LAW........EVERYTHING ELSE IS JUST CRIME

ill do it for$ 800 its lost of work and time and responsibility turbos have to come out plennium downpipe fual rail valve covers and you need a guy that knows rbs or i can do it for $ 400 if the engine is out

Comment

800 is abit high at the most should b 600 its just some backyard ****..

Comment

Pay for gas, I'll be there in 3 days lol. j/k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
        1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
        -Bruce Lee

Comment

You can leave the turbos in the car it has been done
          95 R33 Gtr

RICE - Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement

Comment

I'm certain that it can be done as you said Cory, but with my back giving up on me, I'm left with no choice but to have a helping hand from someone else.

@ tv2r34, pls check your pm
            (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)

SERENITY NOW!!!!!!

Comment

I think I need to highlight the current situation with the car, so as to explain what's already removed and what still needs to be done.

Rad, fan, timing belt (along with idler and tensioner), and crank pulley are already off. What remains is the removal of head, followed by putting it/a different one back on, and installing the timing belt, crank, rad, fan, etc..

Now I'm wondering if one can remove the head with exhaust manifolds and intake plenum still attached. Wouldn't it be possible to just unbolt the turbos from the manifolds, remove all hoses and sundry stuff from the intake plenum and lift the whole thing UP along with the head?

I hear its next to impossible to reach the lower bolts under the plenum and to remove the turbos, especially due to the oil and coolant lines, as well as the dump pipes. But if one can loosen the turbos off of the exhaust manifolds, surely the head can be lifted off....yes? No?
              Last edited by judasentinel; 04-03-2013, 06:14 PM.
              (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)

SERENITY NOW!!!!!!

Comment

What you should do is get a full gasket kit. Pull the motor and replace every gasket while going this far.
                Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

Mattias, I cannot pull the motor out. Dont have the tools, time, manpower, or the money to do it. There's a lot of work involved under the car, in the wheel wells and with the tranny, exhaust, front diff, etc.., I dont think I can pull it off. Better to just remove the head and replace the gaskets.

BTW, you seem to LOVE Napoleon Dynamite..... one of the best comedies ever!!
                  (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)

SERENITY NOW!!!!!!

Comment

It seems no one is able to help me out....sigh....
                    (O||O___SKYLINE___O||O)

SERENITY NOW!!!!!!

Comment

still looking? I just saw this thread now. I'll probably need a couch and shower too, unless things go really well. You're kinda far but I hate to see someone unable to drive their GTR in this wonderful spring weather.
                      1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                      2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                      2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Working...
                      X