Anyone having PM system problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone having PM system problems?

Just wanted to see if anyone is having issues as I am.

Basically when I log in inbox messages show however I get no email notification. That notification option is set correct and was working up until 2-3 months ago. And more recently another problem popped up. When I check on the sent messages its showing messages sent weeks ago but not the most recent ones.

Ive asked Daryl to sort it out however were not really getting anywhere on this. Perhaps some members on this club know a thing or two about VBulletin system and this problem?

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
    For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

My tapatalk app on iphone5 crashes every time I try to read PM's as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
    -Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo_ChildR32 View Post
      My tapatalk app on iphone5 crashes every time I try to read PM's as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
      OK but what about email notifications and when you login from PC are you seeing the sent message trouble?

Comment

First of all, check if any of the notification goes to spam folder, because some client like to mark them spam when they receive multiple same email in a period of time, and for the sent items have you try to click on the "date" button/drop down from the right top corner and see if it fix? that sometimes maybe default to something you may mess around before and it save it as last preference

just my 2 cents, if you want you can PM me and we can play more about this and we can see how it works...I'm not a pro but have enough experience with all kind of board and website related stuff that maybe able to help...

Originally posted by support@feastauto View Post
        Just wanted to see if anyone is having issues as I am.

Basically when I log in inbox messages show however I get no email notification. That notification option is set correct and was working up until 2-3 months ago. And more recently another problem popped up. When I check on the sent messages its showing messages sent weeks ago but not the most recent ones.

Ive asked Daryl to sort it out however were not really getting anywhere on this. Perhaps some members on this club know a thing or two about VBulletin system and this problem?

Comment

I use thunderbird for emails etc and not showing spam also checked webmail app from the host and again not seeing GTRC in the spam folder. I really dont think its on the host.

And thanks for tip on the sent option. I adjusted the filter date to January and those messages I sent recently are now showing. Before I made the swap it was showing March to April only...not sure why or maybe a default as you had mentioned.

Originally posted by alienmare View Post
          First of all, check if any of the notification goes to spam folder, because some client like to mark them spam when they receive multiple same email in a period of time, and for the sent items have you try to click on the "date" button/drop down from the right top corner and see if it fix? that sometimes maybe default to something you may mess around before and it save it as last preference

just my 2 cents, if you want you can PM me and we can play more about this and we can see how it works...I'm not a pro but have enough experience with all kind of board and website related stuff that maybe able to help...

Comment

Ok that adjustment I made to the sent messages didnt work. As soon as you apply that it takes you back to inbox messages and when you go back to the sent it shows old messages again....man this sucks.

Comment

ive been having the same issue for a while, no message to my email when i receive a PM
              Built R32 GTR, BW S362, 682awhp @ 28psi

Comment

As I have mentioned previosuly, there is an issue with the email system right now. It does not seem to affect everyone, and seems to be rooted in the cron job/batch processing area of the software, and how it communicates with the server.

There is nothing any individual can do to their settings to fix this issue.
                Hang tight, we are doing our best to resolve this issue, so in the meantime, please just check in once or twice a day to see if you have received any PMs.
                Sign up for GTRC Premium Membership and get 2 of the new GT-R Canada stickers!
                http://forums.gtrcanada.com/general-skyline-discussion/45662-gtrc-premium-membership.html#post437410

Comment

Originally posted by support@feastauto View Post
                  Ok that adjustment I made to the sent messages didnt work. As soon as you apply that it takes you back to inbox messages and when you go back to the sent it shows old messages again....man this sucks.
                  I've tried to apply those setting and it didn't take me back to inbox, maybe your browser or something, have you try to use a different browser and see if it works, if so, try to clear your cache of your current browser

and for the email part as admin said is system email issue so nothing can be done on there
                  Last edited by alienmare; 04-24-2013, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alienmare View Post
                    I've tried to apply those setting and it didn't take me back to inbox, maybe your browser or something, have you try to use a different browser and see if it works, if so, try to clear your cache of your current browser

and for the email part as admin said is system email issue so nothing can be done on there
                    Still the same. Daryl must of made some tweaks as I had matching email notifications earlier today.

Comment

Yes nothing seams to get through.
                      You can't fix stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X