How popular are S15's going to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How popular are S15's going to be?

I'm thinking of buying an S15 for January... Maybe even a SpecR with the 6spd. What do you think the popularity of these will be? What will they be going for here?

TROL

Since the price of them in japan is pretty high.. i would say the resale here is going to be up there.. 15,000 - $20k is what i suspect they will be listed for.. but what they sell for. hard to say..

R34 GTT's are listed at 12 - 19k but do they sell for that high.. Doubtful.

either way i cant wait to get a S15.
    Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Me neither. Been watching the auctions closely for a January build.

TROL

Comment

Love 'em, that satin black one with the widebody kit out of Aus. is sex on wheels. Only thing missing is an RB30 swap.

Jon.
        Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Meh I doubt they will be that popular given their price tag compared to earlier s chassis'. S chassis are becoming so cheap and beat to **** that they are turning into the next generation of honda drivers who have elevated from fwd. With that being said i doubt too many s chassis fans will be willing to fork out the avg $15k
          1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Problem is people are willing to fork out retarded amounts of money blindly for a car without a PPI (Pre-Purchase Inspection). So its without a doubt that a local place might buy a less than sub-par car, and charge huge for it because someone else bought an above average car and is charging the correct amount for it.

The only advantage is because the cars command a higher price premium, it weeds out a lot of buyers to only serious ones who know what they are looking for.

But I have to agree, they are becoming the new Civic. I was out in the FC yesterday and they are like flys. Buzzing around everywhere, NA with big mufflers and five different body colours trying to race everything in sight.
            Last edited by Alak; 10-15-2013, 10:57 AM.

Comment

I think they will be pretty popular...SR20 with a 6 speed from the factory...that combination will put a smile on people's faces.
              RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
              http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
              1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Originally posted by Alak View Post
                Problem is people are willing to fork out retarded amounts of money blindly for a car without a PPI (Pre-Purchase Inspection). So its without a doubt that a local place might buy a less than sub-par car, and charge huge for it because someone else bought an above average car and is charging the correct amount for it.

The only advantage is because the cars command a higher price premium, it weeds out a lot of buyers to only serious ones who know what they are looking for.

But I have to agree, they are becoming the new Civic. I was out in the FC yesterday and they are like flys. Buzzing around everywhere, NA with big mufflers and five different body colours trying to race everything in sight.
                This no inspection/price jacking applies to all cars, not just skyrines and Sirvia's. everyone has a different sense of worth and some people are schemers. just gotta research
                as for the new civics, yeah maybe on an ugly mod kinda way (like supras... Lol) but There's still more of these new model camaros, mustangs and challengers running around like belly button cars.
                No build thread.
                1991 nissan
                El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Haha, yeah I'm amazed at what some people will spend $40k on these days thinking they look "cool."

TROL

Comment

Hi,

You have to realize, there's a big difference between the price of the Spec R and a base N/A model.

The good condition Spec R, are probably going to be at a fair premium. ( around 15K-20K ) The base model is most likely going to be less then half that price.

Someone mechanically incline could probably get a N/A model, sell the stock engine for a little bit of coin (the head of the NA SR flow quite well ) and get a full S15 swap. Or if you don't mind not having a 6 speed, which if you look at it is not geared any longer then the 5 spd, get a cheaper S13 swap with the stronger 5 spd. The only thing you have to worry about is the S15 speed sensor that's in the diff. (personally I would swap a S13/14 diff too) Think about it, getting a stock 5spd for a (SR/KA pretty much the same) is fairly easy, but getting a SR (6spd. only) might be hard if it breaks down.

It all depends what the buyer wants, some people want to buy a car, put a set of wheel and enjoy it.

Then you have the smaller group which would buy a brand new bare chassis if they could ( a man can dream right, they do it for the '69 Camaro and a couple other muscle car )

I can tell you I'll be watching the price, I love the look of these car. But I would rather have a pristine (not trashed on) N/A auto S15, that will be a lot easier to find for a lot cheaper and build it like I want, than spend a fortune on a Spec R when in the end I can by the spoiler and the rest is all going to be changed anyway. But I have patience, and I like thing done the way I want it And I guess having a crap load of parts around helps too. Hum RB30 S15 kinda has a nice sound to it.
                    Last edited by collector240sx; 10-15-2013, 08:53 PM.
                    14 VW Jetta TDI
                    05 Sentra SpecV - winter beater -
                    95 240sx (RB25DET powered)
                    95 240sx ( powered)
                    89 GTR - Money Pit -

Comment

Originally posted by falcon View Post
                      Haha, yeah I'm amazed at what some people will spend $40k on these days thinking they look "cool."
                      a modified R32 gtr being a primary example of my $40k fail, shoulda bought a faster stock GT500
                      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                      lol

Comment

How about a 30k 1996 Miata? At least yours was a GTR.....

TROL

Comment

Ya S15 for only 26k.. that GTR R34 money

Comment

Seems its a March Build date, and 10k mark-up.

Last edited by dah_hunter; 10-16-2013, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Watching the auctions the last week or so, there is NO consistency to what an S15 will go for. Quite silly. Some 3.5's going for 550,000 and some obvious R's going for over a million. You can tell the reserves are too high, I'd say about %75 of them are not selling even at bids of 800,000 to a million (for 3.5's, R's etc.). It will only be a matter of time before the prices readjust to what people are willing to pay.

I found one black S15 (R) that's been up for auction 4 times since August. Every time getting a final bid of around 870,000JPY. You'd think after the third failed attempt by the owner of reaching his reserve he would lower it to 850,000-900,000 which is what it seems bidders are willing to pay for his particular car. Considering it costs them everytime to list it.

TROL

Comment

Working...
                              X