Malaysian Airlines 370 - discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malaysian Airlines 370 - discussion

I have been emotionally affected by the tragedy of MH370. When I was young (still is) I looked at a lot of basic technical details of modern aircraft, and I watched all episodes of Mayday - air crash investigation. When I first saw the news saying the transponder had been switched off manually I knew this is no simply mishap, especially on a Boeing 777! It is almost as safe as it can possibly can.

If you have followed up the updates, if you believe the newest update that a satellite had picked up signal 8 hours after it first disappeared from civil radar, if you have been told the latest location was determined to be within one of two possible air corridors 8 hours after it first disappeared, then I have two guesses I came up with:

1. suicide. Suicide has many methods. But none is more cruel than vanishing off from the face of the earth, and have no one ever guessed what had happened, or have any debris descovered! In such case, I believe whoever did this, also disabled the black box as well. He flew it to a place no one could ever possibly guessed and tried to crash the plane.

2. Terrorist meditated plan - I have been hearing humour from China website speculating the family members of the captain and the first officer had moved away from their home one day before the flight took place. If that is the case, then it may be possible that the two pilots (or whoever took part) had connections with terrorists/governmental body to conduct this operation to steal a plane, for whatever the **** reason behind it. They carefully meditated a plan to disable the transponder and ACARS, flew the plane with no ATC guidance, and landed it in a pre-planned runway, or even just a field.

I am truly sorry for whoever lost their friends and family. Alive ore dead, the wait is painful and agonizing.

This is a challenging mystery. No doubt it will be shrouded in speculation and rediculous theories.
    I'm curious. How much information isn't being released?
    They are saying the AC "disappeared" from radar. Was the xponder switched off or did the plane fly below where the radar can detect it? ATC radar projects like an upside down wedding cake. Simply put the closer you are to controlled airspace the lower you can be and still be detected.

If the AC was crashed or landed you can't exactly hide it. It's a freakin 777!

This is truly a horrible time for the friends and families of the passengers and crew of that flight. Hopefully they solve this strange case and people can have some closure or hopefully be reunited with families and friends.

Comment

The plane at first disappeared from civilian aviation simply by turning the transponder off. That's when it is first 'officially' missing.

Then, according to experts in the US, the aircraft began changing altitude and course evasively to avoid detection of military radar, which works the way you describe to detect any large metal in the air. It doesn't need transponder, but can't identify aircraft either.

So a determined conclusion is the pilot knew how to fly a plane like a fighter jet.......

Comment

You can't fly a 777 like a fighter jet. It's too big and heavy and depending on how old it is there are safety systems that will prevent excessive control inputs.

Comment

Excuse me, as I've had a few drinks, but I believe this is a planned terrorist attack. If you can deliberately turn off all communications and radar and leave without a trace for over 9 days, you must have knowledge of the aircraft and it's controls, radios, gps etc.

I believe the pilots were either corrupt or somehow a skilled terrorist managed to divert the plane far enough off course to bring the plane down somewhere safely and plan an attack.

But then again, I've had a few.
          Just give it a couple hundred kilometers. It'll shoot you right in the wallet.

Comment

I agree, transponder turning off sounds very much like a highjacking of some sort. The 777 is very modern and probably has redundant systems for transponder and to turn them off would most likely be a deliberate action.

I don't think he means high G maneuvers like I fighter jet but using terrain masking to evade radar like a fighter jet. It's common with ground attack pilots. Fly below 500' sneaking up on a target to evade radar, which wouldn't be too difficult if it was mostly level ocean even with a 777.
            Last edited by Special_K; 03-17-2014, 11:58 AM.
            BNR32, AE86, MX73(project for sale), RN130

Comment

^^ Likely. Regardless, this is a very interesting scenario. I'm certainly looking forward to hearing how it all turns out.

Comment

Working...
              X