Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• negative feed back

so i recently sent paypal($620) for some parts off a gtrc member

-ts style rear diffuser and the add ons($400)
    -ams solid sub frame bushings($60)
    -gteck steering shaft solid bushing($20)

was giving an estimate from him for shipping "last time i checked it was about $150 for
    shipping to vancouver(he is in quebec, im in edmonton)

so okay i send him $620(which was his asking prices) on friday june 13th

on paypay its says completed, i asked him that night did he get the money, " yes i did"

okay great. new parts on the way

monday comes, no tracking #, fine maybe he is busy. get home on monday and see that
    the diffuser is off his ad and he cleaned his ad up and the the bushings were still posted
    for sale?

so i had to contact him and ask whats up?

he says "of sorry i couldn't find shipping, cheapest was $300. i sold the diffuser locally
    , do you still want the other parts"

nope, send my money back please. he didn't bother to contact me and say the shipping will
    be more, we could have worked something out, but really i think he couldn't find a box and
    didn't want to ship, which is understandable, but you don't take someones money and sell
    there parts, and not even contact me to say anything. this guy has 4600 posts.

he sent the money back and didn't even say a word to me, but i have to wait almost 5 days
    for the money to back to paypal, then transfer back to my bank account which is almost another
    5 days

great seller!!!

i would give negative feed back , but its not really working and not showing any text, so instead
    of spaming his for sale thread, ill post here instead.

the biggest thing that bothers me is i don't get the parts, i have to wait 10 days to get my
    money back and this guy is right at the top selling parts.

Hey...at least you got your money back. Even if you had E-transfered the money you still would have gotten it back from that guy. It probably could have been handled better but I wouldnt have started a whine thread over it. Alot of people who are buyers are flakers and alot of people that have large items dont really want to ship.....thats just the way it is. Not to pull the seniority card but, if you had more history on here he might have cut you more slack. Newbees are notorious flakers and time waisters so he might have thought, with good reason, that you would flake like a lepper at $300 shipping.

Jon.
    Last edited by Dragon Humper; 06-17-2014, 02:23 PM.
    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

yeah i get that, but when i buy something i don't mess around, i bought parts from adam at feast and with no issues, and sorry for not posting everytime i touch my car, but this guy is a senior member and should have handled it like one, not a seller flake. and if i get ripped off from buying from sellers on here, whats the point of trusting the members. that is why i sent him money, he was a senior and could be trusted.

Comment

The feedback page does work if you choose to go that way. The text is black on black, but if you just hit ctrl+a or select the text with mouse you'll see it.

Kinda sucks that it worked out that way. I'd think that if you sent money, the seller should be more proactive about letting you know about changes, but at least you will get the money back.

I've generally had very positive experiences buying here from members, with only one or two totally vanishing or no longer responding. So I'd say just do your research on their history and BST feedback and go from there.

Comment

Shitty that it didn't work out, I know the bummed out feeling when your expecting stuff and get dinked around, but on the huge positive side your getting your money back!
          1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R Sold

1991 Gts-T Sold

1989 Gts-T Sold

1992 GT-R What did i get myself into again...

Comment

you can still leave negative feedback. When you're done typing highlight the text(drag your curser over it) andi t will display. It does write it just doesn't display, its an issue with the html coding for those two input boxes.
            As for the guy, he ships across country a fair amount so i doubt its that he couldn't find a box, i do think it is rude that he didn't contact you though.
            Sorry about your luck =\
            Oh i recently delt with him and it went poorly as well. I sent the money then didn't hear from him for 3 days when i did he said oh i've been busy i'll ship it out 2 days from now, and then i had to pester him for another day and a half to get my tracking number.

Comment

post his name. end of discussion.. he will smarten up after.

theres no excuse to not reply to emails these days. you have email on your phone u can reply on a coffee break.

Comment

@cooke24: it's me.

@ rvander : really ? You sent the money saturday the 31. It's understandable that people leave town or chill out on sunday right ? that brings us to monday the 2nd june and I sent you an fb message on sunday to let you know it would be shipped tuesday the 3th. Should I scan the canadapost receipt to show everyone that it was shipped on the 3th like i said ? So, your saying I took 5 days to ship it and never let you know when i have all the evidence to prove your exageraiting the thing.

@93gtr : I didn't bother answering you back when you started insulting me and swearing at me. To anyone else, I refunded his payment 10 minutes after i got his email. so I'm no theft and never meant to run away with the money. If you have a problem with paypal policy, how about you make a complains to them instead of going on a carforum ?

And like Jon said, someone here was supposed to sell me a bumper from calgary when he realised he had a buyer locally, he told me it was so much easier to sell it locally. So I didn't wine like a baby and understood and let it go. I did try to ship it, but apparantly the initial quote of approx. 150$ to vancouver was an ''employee/business'' pricing as they though I was a business. At 300$ shipping cost, I prefered to sell to a local friend instead of risking the trouble of being lost or damaging during transport.
                Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

the money will be back in my bank account in about 10 days,not 10 mins. you didn't even bother to tell me that you sold the parts i paid for, instead you take the time and clean up your ad and re-post, i had to contact you.
                  and complain to paypal, why? they did there job

go on a forum and complain? why not, i bought the parts from a member on here.
                  whats done is done.

Comment

Dude you're not understanding. The 5 day hold for refund is PayPal policy. Nothing the seller can do about that. Then to transfer the money back to your account again. PayPal policy and time it's takes for the PayPal system to talk to the bank system. I use PayPal enough to know both are normal. Nothing to complain about the seller about.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
                    Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

It's never 5 days anyways. Unless your banking with coast capital. Rbc is usually 2 days to pull money back from PayPal to account.

But being cobra he's been around for a long time sold many things don't think he was trying to rip you off. Not a single person has complained about cobra from what I remember in the last 6 years.

Comment

You guys are all lost. Hes not complaining saying cobraa was trying to rip him off. Hes complaining saying its extremely poor selling behavior (especially from a senior member) to take money for someone at an agreed upon price in exchange for parts. Then after you have received payment to turn around and sell the parts to someone else. I would be pissed too. He paid for the parts the seller accepted the funds and the terms then renigged on the deal. Regardless of connivence of shipping or any other bull **** he had the right to the parts. I would contact admin as not only does it reflect poorly on the credibility of the classifieds of the forum but it also shows a lack of trust and a breach of contract from a senior member
                        1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

@gtrjon

exactly my point, i get how paypal works, and yeah maybe it doesn't take 10 days to get back to my bank account, but its not a click of the mouse and the money is there. basically i gave the seller money 620 to hold onto for about 10 days.

and i could have bought the same diffuser unpainted from rocketz.net for about 200 cheaper, but instead of supporting a retailer i wanted to support the used parts community on this site. im always buying and selling from kijiji. i know what its like to have parts for sale, and selling them. its great, i loved used stuff.

but buying from a senior member and getting this, maybe ill just stick with vendors and retail, and being a newb, i didn't know that i should expect to get jerked around

Comment

Originally posted by gtrjon View Post
                            You guys are all lost. Hes not complaining saying cobraa was trying to rip him off. Hes complaining saying its extremely poor selling behavior (especially from a senior member) to take money for someone at an agreed upon price in exchange for parts. Then after you have received payment to turn around and sell the parts to someone else. I would be pissed too. He paid for the parts the seller accepted the funds and the terms then renigged on the deal. Regardless of connivence of shipping or any other bull **** he had the right to the parts. I would contact admin as not only does it reflect poorly on the credibility of the classifieds of the forum but it also shows a lack of trust and a breach of contract from a senior member

Whoa whoa....easy there Ironside (you may have to look up that sub-reference). The deal changed ALOT once Cobraa found out that the shipping was now DOUBLE the origional quote. So now the item is $350 more than the Rockets item (according to 93gtr) so its not unreasonable to think that someone halfway across the country isnt going to want it anymore. Yes the comunication could have been better but....if it is true that it degraded into name calling and swearing instantly from the buyer then really...all bets are off and money returned. We dont know the exact timing of all conversations and actions to start pointing fingers so.....yea.

I cant believe this is still being discussed...learn and move on.

Jon.
                            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

So I just want to ask you Dragon Humper, you being the superstar on the site, what would you have done if this happend to you? Just say oh well that is expensive to ship thanks for holding onto my $600 for a few weeks? When I finally get the money transfered in my bank account I can buy the parts from a retailer and it should only take a month or so to get the parts I wanted. Probably not. Who do you bitch at, Paypal, they did their job. It's a shitty seller just assuming us noob's are all flakes, who's the rear flake here, come on.

Comment

Working...
                              X