Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People in the GTA- which MTO to register at?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People in the GTA- which MTO to register at?

Does anyone know a good mto licensing and registration center in the GTA that have the knowledge to register my car?

I've been to a few MTO licensing centers around the gta and none of them will register my skyline due to their ignorance in documentations and procedures. My car is insured, passed safety inspection, and emmissions. The thing that is giving me the most problems is the de-registration paper. I have both the original japanese and translated document and those stupid idiots at the mto have no clue what it is.

North Brampton Driver & Vehicle Licensing Centre
    905-840-7433
    1 Wexford Road, Unit 15
    Brampton ON
    L6Z 2W1

Mon to Wed & Fri 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Thu 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., Sat 9:00 a.m. - noon (closed Saturdays on long weekends)

Corner of WEXFORD and HURONTARIO (one block North of Bovaird)

Take the 410 North to where it almost ends, exit at Bovaird and head West until Hurontario, turn right (North) onto Hurontario and then right into the plaza at the corner of Wexford and Hurontario.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q...n,+Ontario,+CA
    By far THE best office in the GTA (from my experience). You will require your Form 1, De-Registration Documents (Basically only for the weight), Bill of Sale, and Bill of Lading. Basically, bring EVERY PIECE of paperwork you have that related to the vehicle, and tell them that is everything you have. If possible, try to deal with the black woman who works there, she really knows her stuff (she has registered 3 cars that I know of, two of mine and one belonging to "hermit-dragon") - she is a "larger" woman, to put it nicely.

Anyway, hope this helps... if you need any more info/help, feel free to PM me.

Thought it would be funny to let you know this: I was asked to present the Japanese Ownership, along with a Japanese Equivilant of a "UVIP" at the Greenwood office on the Danforth. :roll:
    Race. Win. Live.

Comment

MTO in Mississauga

Hey all!

For all of you guys in the western part of the GTA who don't want to head all the way out to Brampton.

The Mississauga West Location (2225 Erin Mills Pkwy, Sheridan Centre)
      Ask for a young guy named Tim. Everyone else there is clueless, but Tim took care of registering my GTR with all documentation in about 20 minutes. He knew to call MTO head office for the VIN override and expedited me very quickly and professionally. Also note that you must have ALL documentation as previously listed. He was really good and if your in the west end then i recommend going there.

Happy Driving!!

Shiraz
      1991 BNR32 - SOLD (sigh...)

"Want pretty? Go order a Fairlady, want fast go grab a Skyline! "

Comment

If theres anyone up on the east end, go to :

Markham (905-294-2827)
        5694 Highway 7, Unit 2B, Shoreham Plaza, Markham ON L3P 1B4 (West of Highway 48.)
        Mon to Wed & Fri 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Thu 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

All the ladies there are helpful more or less, there is one in specific that I don't know her name. I would say she is the youngest one, and also has quite a large (and friendly) build. In the worst case they'll take their time, but in the end they get things done.

On the other hand, absolutely do NOT go to:

Unionville (905-477-2559)
        4580 Highway 7, Unit 1, Unionville ON L3R 1M5 (West of Kennedy)
        Mon to Wed & Fri 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Thu 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.

The 'people' at this location are collectively the most useless tits (including both guys) I have ever seen. They know less than nothing about imported cars, and will actually make you feel stupider if you go and try to (god forbid) register the car or similar mto related tasks.

Comment

hey guys my skyline from vancouver is coming in a couple weeks , it was registered in BC , what documents do i need to take to the MTO to have it registered , thanks.

Comment

cool, I will be there

Comment

Hi guys,
              I just registered my car: tried two locations - at the Erin Mills rd location listed above. I had all of the paperwork, they wasted an hour of my time and then after they called in to override the VIN, the girl says I needed a letter from Nissan confirming the VIN. bull.

Took a drive out to the brampton location - in and out in 20 mins. They are the best by far. They even have a checklist printed off for registering japanese cars so everyone there knows how to do it.
              The only other requirement that wasn't listed on this page was the you need the original copy of the export certificate, and also the translated version.
              JP

Comment

Anyone have a place in Ottowa area that knows the process ?

Comment

i used erinmills for my r32 , as long as your insurance company has added you successful to the vin examption list registering the vehicle isnt bad.

but is was already ontario registered once.

my r33 was registered in fonthill. central motors mto. they werent easy but it got done.

my r34 on the way ill probably go to erin mills again if i still live in sauga then. but i might be in scarbria..lol

Comment

Working...
                  X