Word of caution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word of caution

Just to let you all know if you have an unloaded car in your driveway rhd or not beware all my neighbors are getting warnings and notices from by-law to either plate them or remove them or they will. Apparently this new by-law got passed few months ago I haven't been warned yet but I can see it coming. Garage it or stick it on a trailer and they stop caring lol.
    '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
    '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

What!? Your driveway is your private property AND is designed to park cars...ridiculous.

I can understand if they're parked in the street though, since it is illegal to park an unplated car in the street.
    R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Yeah, I have had that problem in the past in hamilton with my rhd crx sir. From my understanding a neightbour has the right to complain about unplated cars because they can be eye sours. Thats basicly it, if your neightbours bitch about it, the city will give you 3 notice to remove it or they will. Not a new law/bylaw but its now more publicily known. Just get plates from a bum

Comment

nice neighbours.....
        93 R33 GTST - DD
        97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
        2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

Takes out his screwdriver. Removes neighbours plates. Calls the city and complains.
          R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCaporaL View Post
            Takes out his screwdriver. Removes neighbours plates. Calls the city and complains.
            repeat 3 times.
            93 R33 GTST - DD
            97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
            2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

It is a by-law because tons of people were getting used car licenses and then buying one car a month, sticking it in their driveway unplated, then selling it and getting another. All the neighbours saw was one unplated car after another parked in teh driveway, or lawn next door. Since the by laws don't allow commercial businesses in residential neighbourhoods they are enforcing nad giving tickets to people with unplated cars. Why not just get plates?
              1995 R33 GTR Vspec - Sold
              2004 Dodge SRT-4 Stage 3R - Sold
              2013 Subaru WRX STI - Where is the power? - Daily

Comment

Would get plates but no insurance means no plates, just got rejected by dejardins cause my bodykit is apparently a high performance part lmao

Comment

still having insurance issues eh? damn.
                  93 R33 GTST - DD
                  97 Legacy GT Sedan - RIP
                  2000 Buick LeSabre -RIP

Comment

well more companies are accepting, there rates are just insane x.x

Comment

Originally posted by Nexsys View Post
                      well more companies are accepting, there rates are just insane x.x
                      So Nexsys, Talked to the personal yesterday. lol Bastards lol. They tell me yea will with insure you etc. Then I bought the 1990 gtr I sent you links too. lol Call the personal up to insure it and bam. I get the sorry we can't insure skylines, lol. I was like I have my daily car with you for 5 years no tickets and my house with you and you cant add my car wtf. lol

Anyways I am on the search now for insurrance.

Comment

damn, sorry dude, i knew it was to good to be true welcome to the 500$+ club lol

if you can revert as much of the car as you possibly can back to stock before getting your appraisal done, the more after market parts the more chances of getting rejected.

Comment

just used car cover, that's what i did when i was getting hassled. out of sight, out of mind.
                          - Adam

:
                          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Here in Newfoundland in order to get a Skyline insured you need to have it appraised by a licienced Appraiser, then the VIN number has to added to the Insurance database as a custom or unique automobile for occasional use only. The reason a insurance company is turning you down flat is because when you give them the Vin it has ten digits, all Canadian VIN have 11. The car doesn't exist for them. I just went through this with my insurance company. All good after the appraisal. Hope that helps ya out.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleDevilCRX View Post
                              So Nexsys, Talked to the personal yesterday. lol Bastards lol. They tell me yea will with insure you etc. Then I bought the 1990 gtr I sent you links too. lol Call the personal up to insure it and bam. I get the sorry we can't insure skylines, lol. I was like I have my daily car with you for 5 years no tickets and my house with you and you cant add my car wtf. lol

Anyways I am on the search now for insurrance.
                              Did they give you an actual quote or just say insuring it would be no problem? If they gave you an actual quote then those are usually binding for a specified period of time, check the quote. If they just said insuring it should be no problem then there isnt much you can do. I recommend complaining a lot to a manager (your broker likely cant do much to help you), he may say yes when he is going to lose a long-term customer with several policies. Also be prepared to provide counterpoints to the usual issues: it is modified for racing, these arent legal, etc.
                              GL
                              1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
                              Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

Working...
                              X