Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ALMS Mosport - July 20-24.. Anyone going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALMS Mosport - July 20-24.. Anyone going?

I'll be back in Toronto, AGAIN. This time for ALMS from the 20th to the 24th. If anyone's going to be around for the races, or in town just to chill, let me know!
    Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
    www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
    Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
    Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

I'll be at work enjoying myself.
    R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

I may be down. Gotta see about a ride there. How much is it?
      Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

I will be there for the weekend. My buddy and I picked up VIP passes. They are $200 a piece but for a tented area at the first corner, closed circuit TV, paddock pass, BBQ lunch + bar service on Sunday, etc... not a bad deal. Took the week off work to go and got out of having to work in the shop on Thursday's insane heat. We'll probably be walking around a bit too, so keep your eye out for me. I will be taking the Celica up there but it will be on different wheels

Comment

I will be there for the weekend. My buddy and I picked up VIP passes. They are $200 a piece but for a tented area at the first corner, closed circuit TV, paddock pass, BBQ lunch + bar service on Sunday, etc... not a bad deal. Took the week off work to go and got out of having to work in the shop on Thursday's insane heat. We'll probably be walking around a bit too, so keep your eye out for me. I will be taking the Celica up there but it will be on different wheels
          No sh*t! Me too! It was the bar service that got me...

Guess I'll see ya there man! Keep an eye out for the fluo hat... lol

Frank....... HA :P

Brian, I have no idea what general admission tickets are, but as mentioned above, the tickets can be quite pricey depending on what you opt to see..

Comment

Me and my Dad are heading Down for the weekend, If you see a guy in a red Flying lizard hat and A son with a Von Zipper hat that'd be us haha.
            I drive a Honda...

Comment

I believe General Admission weekend passes are around $70, and day passes are around $30 on Thurs/Fri/Sat, and $50 on race day Sunday.

Comment

Holy crap, it was waaaaaayyyy too hot today :P I was there for a few hours but it was just too much to bear. At least it was only a test day today, so none of the cars were really going at it. There were a few offs and apparently one of the GT3 Cup Series cars hit the tire wall off turn 2 and caught fire

Comment

Damn! Already missing the action!

Comment

Saw the Celica up there and I believe I saw you leaving, beautiful GT-Four! Great weekend of racing
                    I drive a Honda...

Comment

I was so sure we had the same passes, but we ended up having tickets for the Porscheplatz in corner 8.. I drove the parade lap in our white 997 Carrera 2s. They were still cleaning up the wreck on the back straight (GTI), so we slowed pace and let the guys in front of us gain ground.. Managed to get up to 160 on the back straight before running into more parade traffic.. Good times! Great race too!

I'll link up to my photos/write up on my website in the next couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainey94 View Post
                        Saw the Celica up there and I believe I saw you leaving, beautiful GT-Four! Great weekend of racing
                        Thanks man! It sure was a good weekend. I'm a bit sunburned and tired, but in all it was excellent.

I don't think I would do the VIP passes again, but for this one time it was enjoyable. On Thursday my buddy I went with and I only walked up to turn 2 and stayed there for a bit and gave up due to the heat. Friday was much better and after lunch we went first to turn 2, then around the outside of the track to turn 3 and sat at the mini grand stand there. After that we hiked around turn 4 to the downhill, and having never been to Mosport before we took a wrong turn and ended up hiking around in the forest for a while before we headed back and found the access to turn 5.

I'd have to say my favourite spot to watch from is turn 5. You can see the cars coming down all the way from turn 4, you get the off cambered exit of turn 5 (a), and then the very tricky turn 5 (b). It's a spot that really shows the difference between the driver's skills, and it makes for some very nice pics.

As for the races, I quite enjoyed the Canadian Touring Car Championship, and the Cooper Lites Prototypes made for some close racing as well. The ALMS race was good, but a no-contest in the LMP1 category. The Muscle Milk Aston/Lola completely dominated the field all weekend long and despite their crash (which I saw ) during Saturday morning's practice they got it back together to qualify on pole by a long shot in the afternoon.

The grid walk was pretty good too, but I forgot my SD card for my camera on race day so I didn't get any pics . I did stay for the podium and walked out on the track to see it. On the way back I picked up a stray piece of carbon fibre that was laying on the grass at the exit of turn 9 :P.

Comment

Working...
                        X